View Poll Results: What will you do with your Playbook now?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smash it (Crackberry style)

23 6.08%
  • Mothball it (no way you can sell it)

75 19.84%
  • Mail it back to Thor (with love, of course)

27 7.14%
  • Keep rocking it (Podcast app still not on BB10)

253 66.93%
08-12-13 09:22 PM
162 ... 567
tools
    Still used mine st the park on Sunday to play music and used it to stream 3 movies to my tv today via hdmi.

I'm keeping mine 100% cos ain't a damn thing changed.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:21 PM
    Nice. I do have 2 PB's. Maybe I can put them together and make a double decker.
    07-01-13 06:31 PM
    Odd, that is my plan too. Get a cup holder mount for 7" devices and hook it up for playing Slacker radio and podcasts while driving. Maybe audio books while I'm on long road trips.

I was planning on buying another playbook for a backup but as I browse the marketplace I see 7" Tablets with better hardware AND massive app support for the same money. I'm keeping this playbook as it now has no resale value but I am jumping ship and getting into a new product line.

Nice! .. but I'm thinking of making an enclosure for it.. more oem style. Just hope someone roots or has access to the actual os. Make it more like the Porsche one!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:34 PM
    I gave props to Gameloft for doing just that, earlier in the poll thread. I think they have given the PB more love than the CEO. But not too long ago, someone said something like "tools not toys"... So I want the apps more than just the games. Pandora, Vine, Pintrest, Hulu+, Instragram, ooVoo, just to name a few that we are [fingers-crossed] hoping come to BB10.
    When it comes to Pandora, Apollo works rather nicely and uses your Pandora account.... But skips the advertising

Posted via CB10
    jcbrunson likes this.
    07-02-13 02:38 AM
    Keep it until it dies. But, I will never buy another BB device.
    Bdot-1 and kabelace like this.
    07-02-13 12:32 PM
    Keep it until it dies. But, I will never buy another BB device.
    Well I'm sure everybody has their own criteria for chosing what they buy. For me personally, BB10 wasn't a factor in me buying my PlayBooks, and that's as a relatively late adopter (1st: Sep '12, 2nd: a few months back) - so really, I couldn't give a rat's ass about whether BB10 was coming to the PlayBook. That they zigged when they should have zagged? Well I'm sure plenty care, but I don't.

When it comes to buying another product - whatever it happens to be, I'll do it on merit of what the product does at that point - and not cut my nose of to spite my face - I don't truly care about brands or vendors, per se - I care about bang-for-buck. If in the future - assuming they do have a future - a BB product makes sense to me, then I'll probably buy it.
    07-02-13 12:47 PM
    Mine broke when the announcement was made, or some such. (no, not really) Power button has stopped working. So, I'm stuck with leaving it turned on forever, and making sure it never locks up, or some such. (unless it turns on automatically when powered, which i'm not sure of)
    07-02-13 12:53 PM
    As I mentioned in another thread, if you're seriously considering destroying or wasting a PlayBook, I'll take donations for an elementary school classroom. We'll put it to good use.

Just let me know. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    07-02-13 08:49 PM
    As unserious as this poll was, the PB owners and lurkers on Crackberry have spoken - we will keep rocking the PB. Those who really would like to smash it, mothball it, or mail it back to Waterloo, please do consider giving it away. The poll does show that there is still some value left in these tabbies, even if BBRY doesn't want to give it anymore love.

Thanks to those who participated in both the poll and the discussion. I hope it helped you as much as it helped me.
    07-04-13 07:38 PM
    To add a serious note to the somewhat dodgy requests on what to use their PB for...I will continue to use mine for Internet browsing, watch movies when travelling, send emails and play music on the very decent speakers that are rightfully located on the front of the device...something other "popular" tablets failed to do for "media" use on theirs!

For a BlackBerry forum there sure is a lot of hate...I get everyone is entitled to their opinions but wow

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    08-12-13 03:14 PM
    When I bought mine, I took out a 3 year instant replacement policy which would guarantee me a new tablet the same day, to the value of what I paid for the playbook, or money towards a new one. I think I'm going to wait it out for a while and when my playbook dies, or has an unfortunate "accident", use the money towards an ipad mini,.
    08-12-13 05:51 PM
    I'm going to sell it cuz I need something better for my use. I'm also angry against blackberry and think it disent deserve to be kept. Even if I'm a devoted fan, I can't shut my mouth this time

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 09:22 PM
162 ... 567