View Poll Results: What will you do with your Playbook now?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smash it (Crackberry style)

23 6.08%
  • Mothball it (no way you can sell it)

75 19.84%
  • Mail it back to Thor (with love, of course)

27 7.14%
  • Keep rocking it (Podcast app still not on BB10)

253 66.93%
    I'll just use it like I always have if it dies some day I'll probably get the next gen of nexus 7

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:18 AM
    Sell, and use what really little money i get from it towards a samsung galaxy note tab 10.1...
    ciscobear likes this.
    06-30-13 09:27 AM
    i will still use my playbook. it still does what i used to do. i realise developers most likely will stop altogether hopefully gameloft will still produce games for the playbook. i have nearly every game they have released for it. I use it alot for streaming video from the web and watch on my tv using my 9900 as a remote control.

I have been discouraged from buying a bb10 device as it stands though. At least until blackberry has proven that they can keep promises.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-30-13 09:34 AM
    Wait for some genius crack to port vanilla Android to it.
    06-30-13 09:43 AM
    I'm sorry that all those PlayBook out there had strokes and bricked when they heard they were not getting the BB10 updates.

As much as I was I wanting to have my PlayBook OS matching my Z10's, I am at least relieved that it took the news like a man, shook them off and loaded the next webpage for me.

Life goes on... On 2.1...
    menaknow and Toodeurep like this.
    06-30-13 10:12 AM
    It's an OK alarm clock. The alarm could be a bit louder.
    06-30-13 10:14 AM
    I selected "Keep rocking it".

While I'm not happy about BB10 not coming to the playbook, and paying $499 as an early adopter... I still use it.

The app that gets heavily used is BlackBerry News. InstaPaper has an application also on the PB (3rd party). Plus nothing beats the fact i can still connect via HDMI to my LCD.

I'll still be using my playbook.
    06-30-13 10:23 AM
    My Playbook still works great. I don't even actually miss the bridge as much as I thought I would. The typing experience on the Z10 is so good I prefer to respond to emails and texts from it anyway.
    06-30-13 10:31 AM
    2 days later I came to terms with the fact that the things thorsten said a few months ago turned out not to come true (I won't call him a liar because that might attract some of the heins apologists to defend him again).
    To be honest, I should be grateful and appreciate what mr. heins did.
    Now I got an excuse to give the pb away (maybe to my mother) and buy a nexus 7 as secondary tablet.
    06-30-13 11:07 AM
    I still use it for the following:
    - Sideloaded Kindle
    - Sideloaded YouVersion (the newest Appworld version stinks)
    - Podcast app (tons of hours here, CB podcasts included)
    - All Bridge apps with my 9810
    - Zinio
    - Video chat with other PlayBook suckers
    - Sparkchess and PvZ
    - Docs to go and Adobe with my 9810 as the file location...
    Here is my list along with some of what you listed above.
    -Advanced Camera I started taking some fun time lapse videos of the amazing sunrises and sunsets around my area.
    -Files and Folders
    -Spades! (sideload)
    -Radiant Defense
    -Pandora (sideload-best Pandora app I have ever seen)
    -2X Client and Remote Desktop
    -Print To Go
    -HDMI out
    jcbrunson likes this.
    06-30-13 11:14 AM
    I'll just use it like I always have if it dies some day I'll probably get the next gen of nexus 7

Posted via CB10
    My plan too. Got my PlayBook for under $200 and it has served me well and when it finally dies, I'll move on.
    06-30-13 11:31 AM
    I bought a playbook for 129 about 3 months ago and was able to sell it Friday for 100 bucks. I'd rather just get it out of my site than let it sit there and remind me of BB's unfortunate treatment of the product.

Chances are you wont be able to recoup most of your money but if it means nabbing anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks to put towards a new tablet I highly recommend going for it.
    06-30-13 12:13 PM
    RubberChicken give it away if a person wants to. Sometimes you don't want to. As personal as people respond to events in Waterloo on this forum I am surprised there are not more people thinking about smashing them. I think alot of the bugs the PlayBook shipped with were solved because of some of the passionate gadget people here at CrackBerry. So feelings run deep and people deal will with them differently. I am going to use mine till it dies and then on to the next toy.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    06-30-13 12:31 PM
    I'll use it probably for another year and hope for the best. After a year I'll get a nexus tablet.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-30-13 12:36 PM
    I knew deep down bb10 wasn't coming to the playbook. It simply doesn't make sense for blackberry to do that. I have purchased 4 tablets, 3 for my family and one for my parents. I have got my money's worth x10 from those playbooks. I plan to use them till they crap out. If blackberry every came out with another tablet, or another company licensed out bb10 and put it on a tablet, I would still buy one.
    06-30-13 01:37 PM
    Thanks to RetroArch,

I'll be rocking out to thousands of PS1, N64, Super Nintendo, NES, and Sega Genesis Games, all at the touch of my hand thanks to my Playbook... Yeah we don't have a lot of cool apps on BBRY world, but with emulators we have thousands of games to choose from!

Final Fantasy VII, Golden Eye, Metal Gear Solid, What more do you need?
    06-30-13 06:11 PM
    I knew that people were going to start dumping their Playbooks once "no BB10" was verified. I have never really needed or enjoyed using any tablet so I sold mine 2 weeks ago. Just before the price dropped.
    06-30-13 06:16 PM
    MC4 Is the best game!!!
    06-30-13 06:28 PM
    It make a great portable video player for the grand kids.

I only paid 250 for a 32GB model a year ago, and $150 for a 64GB eight months ago so I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

But I think there is a lesson to be learned in being an early adopter of BBRY hardware...
    06-30-13 07:01 PM
    ...But I think there is a lesson to be learned in being an early adopter of BBRY hardware...
    I think you will find plenty of agreement on that point, fo sho.
    06-30-13 07:31 PM
    I love my PlayBook.. I still think it's awesome, even though it won't get BB10... but mine is going to go inside my car, it's going to replace my stereo. no videos while driving tho.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:08 PM
    sadly, I won't trust Blackberry anymore.. or Apple... wonder who is next..android or windows ??
    06-30-13 08:09 PM
    OK, so I will have to use WebWorks and bbui.js to make the app I wanted to make on PlayBook... Unless they decide to do a Tablet OS update that brings Cascades to the device. Whatever. It's not like the device suddenly shut down never to boot up again when they axed BB10 for it. I've got enough games for it to fill up half of the 64GB model I grabbed cheap on Craigslist yesterday.
    06-30-13 09:01 PM
    One of the reasons I bought 2 PlayBook is because I do a lot of international traveling and I can Video Chat with my wife from just about anywhere in the world.
    Now what? Who else offers video chat on their tablet? I'm a devout Blackberry fan. Not throwing in the towel yet.
    Welcome to Crackberry, Ed!
    06-30-13 11:13 PM
    I'm still using my playbook for gamming..movies..music...travelling..camera..as a diary.. hope bbry can update the Android player for playbook since I dun care about the bb10 for playbook..

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 12:05 AM
162 ... 34567