View Poll Results: What will you do with your Playbook now?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smash it (Crackberry style)

23 6.08%
  • Mothball it (no way you can sell it)

75 19.84%
  • Mail it back to Thor (with love, of course)

27 7.14%
  • Keep rocking it (Podcast app still not on BB10)

253 66.93%
    I remember going into debt for a week to pay full price on release day. I remember the icons on BB'S homepage, twitter, and flipboard to name a few, then I had come to the sinking feeling that I had just bought a lame duck, comparing it to my galaxy 2.0 at the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-29-13 04:44 PM
    I bought the trackpad keyboard and it is a saving grace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-29-13 04:48 PM
    Nothing special other than check emails.
    06-29-13 05:53 PM
    The PB has the same benefits and shortcomings that it did before the bad news....
    Its browser still sucks.
    It's still a good video player with great sound.
    It still provides a great way to store and share pictures.
    It still let's me V-chat with my 86 year old mom and with my wife when business travel keeps us apart.
    I can still read/reply emails via ActiveSync and IMAP (corporate and personal).
    It still runs the Kindle app just fine.
    It still runs many hours on a charge.
    It still multi-tasks better than any iDevice ever will.
    Its gesture based UI is still light years ahead of my rarely used iPad mini.

I think it's still got some useful life... who knows, it might outlive the company itself.
    sexybabe88 likes this.
    06-29-13 06:32 PM
    grissomtech: I see your bike frame in the avatar... I still use the crappy Endomondo app (web portal) on the PB to browse my mtb rides & runs. I used my 9810 as the primary gps device with the Endomondo app until I got serious and started using a Garmin Forerunner.
    06-29-13 06:34 PM
    ... who knows, it might outlive the company itself.
    HAR! No one better take that bet!
    06-29-13 06:37 PM
    Here is what Thor did to our fav toy on Fri...
    Poll: What will you do with your Playbook now?-burns_playbook.jpg
    06-29-13 06:50 PM
    Despite BB disown it's own creation, I would never abandon my twins. Despite all the new tablets available out there, I still can't find one that can do or have features what I like about my Playbooks. Until my twins die and properly buried, I have no interest in investing another one.
    Desktoper likes this.
    06-29-13 06:57 PM
    Sell it and my z10

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:08 PM
    The PB has the same benefits and shortcomings that it did before the bad news....
    Its browser still sucks.
    It's still a good video player with great sound.
    It still provides a great way to store and share pictures.
    It still let's me V-chat with my 86 year old mom and with my wife when business travel keeps us apart.
    I can still read/reply emails via ActiveSync and IMAP (corporate and personal).
    It still runs the Kindle app just fine.
    It still runs many hours on a charge.
    It still multi-tasks better than any iDevice ever will.
    Its gesture based UI is still light years ahead of my rarely used iPad mini.

I think it's still got some useful life... who knows, it might outlive the company itself.
    I will keep using mine and even thought of taking advantage of the inevitable price drop that is sure to follow and buy an extra one. The hardware will still do what I need for a few more years until the tablets that are out then just blow it away (quad core and faster processors along with higher screen resolution are imminent). The playbook will keep working fine as a browser and media device for my truck... though I'm 100% sure flash development by BlackBerry will halt as well as browser updates. in a few years the OS will no longer be compatible with html changes and at that point I will lay my PlayBook to rest.

Oh the broken promises and missed opportunities... its as though they didn't even TRY. We could almost taste html 5 as we were told Bb10 was coming to the tablet.

Oh.... and Thorsten.... hate to tell ya but tablets WILL be around in 5 years. At this rate I doubt BlackBerry will tho.
    06-29-13 07:09 PM
    Is there any chance BlackBerry will back track this decision like Microsoft did with XBOX One?

I just hope someone is able to completely hack this and open it up or something! Anything, let us install the Android OS on it (if that's even possible). I think they might even start selling more Playbooks if that was the case.
    06-29-13 07:16 PM
    Is there any chance BlackBerry will back track this decision like Microsoft did with XBOX One?

I just hope someone is able to completely hack this and open it up or something! Anything, let us install the Android OS on it (if that's even possible). I think they might even start selling more Playbooks if that was the case.
    It's like buying a lottery, there's always a chance but one in millions .
    06-29-13 07:19 PM
    My battery seems to be winding down. Runs down quicker. When it won't take a charge anymore I will decide then what to do with it. Today I would be tempted to give it a hit with my sledge. I will use it till it dies.-
    06-29-13 07:52 PM
    My battery seems to be winding down. Runs down quicker. When it won't take a charge anymore I will decide then what to do with it. Today I would be tempted to give it a hit with my sledge. I will use it till it dies.-
    PTZ likes this.
    06-29-13 08:08 PM
    Not to prolong your pain but you CAN get a replacement battery through eBay and follow the ifixit.com teardown to replace it. They give the PlayBook a 7/10 repair score with 10/10 being easiest. BlackBerry PlayBook Teardown - iFixit

06-29-13 08:23 PM
    I will continue to use mine for watching movies, GPS navigation with Google maps, MP3's in the vehicle w/ blackberry music gateway, browsing the web when out of the house....... nothing has really changed.... I was really hoping for BB10 on my playbook, mostly for the smooth ui & capable browser, but it still works the same as it did!!
    06-29-13 11:37 PM
    I will keep using it as I did - no big difference for me.

The only thing I am hoping for is a Bridge that works as well with my Z10 as it did with my Torch.
    06-29-13 11:43 PM
    Best movie ever!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 03:14 AM
    RIM replaced it once when the battery died after a couple months. No I am not going to have it repaired. I am going to recycle it. But I will use it till it becomes useless.
    06-30-13 05:27 AM
    After only one day, the poll choice "Keep rockin it" stays clearly in the lead at 65% after 200+ votes. I would agree with an earlier post that those who want to "smash it "or "mothball it "ought to contribute to a thread to market their devices. Let's give these poor orphans a home Sally Struthers style!

Link is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-823607/
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 06-30-13 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Add the forum link (for the orphans, of course!)
    06-30-13 07:41 AM
    I'll keep doing what I've been doing with it...NOTHING.

The web browser has slowed to a crawl which was really the only thing I enjoyed about it when they crippled bridge.

This tablet is and always will be a joke and will be laughed at for years to come.
    06-30-13 07:55 AM
    One of the reasons I bought 2 PlayBook is because I do a lot of international traveling and I can Video Chat with my wife from just about anywhere in the world.
    Now what? Who else offers video chat on their tablet? I'm a devout Blackberry fan. Not throwing in the towel yet.

You can't be serious with that question....Do you know what Facetime is? Google Hangout?
    06-30-13 08:42 AM
    still use it most days as a handy quick browser etc, and let's face it, if you need to do some serious work, you aren't going to use a seven inch tablet!
    Have it bridged all the time to my bold 9900, so as far as I am concerned, until it gives up, I will continue to very happily use mine all day every day until then :-D
    06-30-13 08:52 AM
    Use the old one with the busted compass chip as a photo frame with a paid for app, let the wife use the better one to window shop for hours, maybe use it for satnav on the dash. Then get an ipad so I can videochat with the rest of the family on facetime or skype. That's mostly why I remain very disappointed in their bad decision which must have been CFO led. Sad there will probably be no more mainstream app development on what has been a very robust tablet with great sound and vision, but too many holes in the software.
    Really poor decision by BB, but then what's a couple of million users in this billion user market?
    06-30-13 09:05 AM
    Well - update: There have now been 15 people saying they are planning and smashing their PlayBook and another 50 who plan to mothball it. Yet none of these voters has come over and offered it to folks happy to take it off their hands and even paid shipping ...
    06-30-13 09:15 AM
162 ... 23456 ...