View Poll Results: What will you do with your Playbook now?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smash it (Crackberry style)

23 6.08%
  • Mothball it (no way you can sell it)

75 19.84%
  • Mail it back to Thor (with love, of course)

27 7.14%
  • Keep rocking it (Podcast app still not on BB10)

253 66.93%
    Here I sit, mad as ever about the PlayBook news. I am glad to see BBRY stock taking a beating over the cumulative news. As a continuous PlayBook user, I would like to know what other owners are planning to do with their devices?
    06-29-13 08:39 AM
    Installing Linux after I get an unlocked boot loader.
    Till then play MC4
    06-29-13 08:42 AM
    Same as always. Web surf, stream music and video, take photos and videos, check out the stars at night. Works just like it did two days ago.
    pgg101, Shadowyugi, rmpb and 42 others like this.
    06-29-13 08:43 AM
    It's got great speakers and is one of the only tablets I can use out in the bright sunshine. It makes a heck of a patio friendly device. Now that its been abandoned, I can even put a beer on it and use it as a coaster... useful eh?
    06-29-13 08:46 AM
    Dang it, I should have posted the "coaster it" option in the poll!
    chaosdivine and bzeal11 like this.
    06-29-13 08:47 AM
    My sideloaded Kindle app and the Kobo app at least give me an e-reader.
    Since I'm still using a 9810 phone, I can still use bridge to help when I need a larger screen.
    My streaming music apps still make me happy.
    So it's not a complete loss and I'll continue to use it for what it is. Unfortunately, it will also remind me of what it will not become.
    06-29-13 08:49 AM
    It's still a great device, and I got it for a fantastic price. I'll probably get a newer tablet down the road, but I'll keep my PlayBook until it dies. Any chance of me buying other BlackBerry devices is now gone, though.
    06-29-13 08:55 AM
    My sideloaded Kindle app and the Kobo app at least give me an e-reader.
    Since I'm still using a 9810 phone, I can still use bridge to help when I need a larger screen.
    My streaming music apps still make me happy.
    So it's not a complete loss and I'll continue to use it for what it is. Unfortunately, it will also remind me of what it will not become.
    I still use it for the following:
    - Sideloaded Kindle
    - Sideloaded YouVersion (the newest Appworld version stinks)
    - Podcast app (tons of hours here, CB podcasts included)
    - All Bridge apps with my 9810
    - Zinio
    - Video chat with other PlayBook suckers
    - Sparkchess and PvZ
    - Docs to go and Adobe with my 9810 as the file location

I still like my PlayBook. But I am one of those people who sat and watched with excitement on launch day, waiting for phones and updates to come. No BB10 bridge? Then no upgrade to the Q10, BBRY.
    06-29-13 08:59 AM
    The PlayBook continues to be my main mobile computing, communication and multimedia device and will continue to be so for at least a while until it is no longer able to process e-mail or surf the web. After that, I may just leave it hooked up to the TV for playing digital movies.

Having the bootstrap unlocked would be nice. Linux is a great solution to get older hardware running like new again and would add years to my PlayBooks.
    06-29-13 09:15 AM
    Here's my positive comment - bring me a new BB10 slider and a new 300+ ppi PlayBook, and I am back on the bandwagon. Until then, I'm not buying the promises anymore. USB sync for BB10 to Outlook is the next huge broken promise, just wait and see..
    bodden96 likes this.
    06-29-13 09:27 AM
    I am very disappointed BB10 won't come to the Playbook, however my PlayBook usage won't change.
    I use it browse to when am away from my pc and as a pdf reader in classes. I also like to stream F1 and soccer matches on it.
    Desktoper, MrLynd54 and RP Singh like this.
    06-29-13 09:28 AM
    I still like my PlayBook. But I am one of those people who sat and watched with excitement on launch day, waiting for phones and updates to come.
    I waiting anxiously for the playbook (remember when they missed the release deadline and all but the most blind of rim zombies got upset?) and paid full price for the only 64gb version I could find on launch day. Previously I called around to so many stores asking if ANYBODY was selling it earlier only to find most outlets were confusing it for the Motorola xoom and told me, erroneously, that yes they had it for sell early.

I paid $699 for a device and was full of excitement and within weeks found that I had a device that couldn't do much. So buggy the bridge Web browser kept crashing when you tried to go into username/password accounts.

Weeks and then months went by and we all found out what it is like to believe promises from the two nitwits running the company. There was a Skype icon on original flyers and ads that were made for the playbook. They weren't held accountable for the lie then, and rim zombies spread rumors that Skype was secretly in the new OS and they weren't telling anybody. Kindle was promised and now the best you can do is a half rate side loaded app. Major developers still won't work on it.

Now we hear this latest news which should be a death toll to those who can decipher between the lies and economic reality.

No need to throw my PlayBook away, and I may even buy another one as prices are sure to plummet now... what we need to look out for is blackberry closing down the fix it shop and that is when the device will be laid to rest, as nobody buys a product that has no warranty work or repair available. The world's first "Business grade Tablet" is still a good browser for those needing a cheap one on the go, but may go down in the annals of history as the tablet version of an Edsel (for those old enough to know what that car was).
    06-29-13 09:43 AM
    I am very disappointed BB10 won't come to the Playbook, however my PlayBook usage won't change.
    My use won't change either, it will stay stored in my closet as a reminder not to trust RIM again.
    06-29-13 09:43 AM
    I just did a rail off mine
    06-29-13 09:47 AM
    ..snip.. I paid $699 for a device and was full of excitement and within weeks found that I had a device that couldn't do much. ..snip..
    I think a moment of silence is appropriate for a moment like this....... Thank you.
    06-29-13 09:49 AM
    One of the reasons I bought 2 PlayBook is because I do a lot of international traveling and I can Video Chat with my wife from just about anywhere in the world.
    Now what? Who else offers video chat on their tablet? I'm a devout Blackberry fan. Not throwing in the towel yet.
    06-29-13 09:50 AM
    Maybe we should post photos in this thread of its new suggested usage. PB coaster, anyone?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    06-29-13 09:54 AM
    I just did a rail off mine
    That is an absolutely horrific statement. A totally serious topic and you claim you use yours for cocaine use.

I much prefer mine to level up my coffee table that has one short leg. It works as a good coaster too.

jcbrunson likes this.
    06-29-13 09:58 AM
    One of the reasons I bought 2 PlayBook is because I do a lot of international traveling and I can Video Chat with my wife from just about anywhere in the world.
    Now what? Who else offers video chat on their tablet? I'm a devout Blackberry fan. Not throwing in the towel yet.
    Don't they all?

I'll continue to use it and be frustrated with it until it dies. Then I'll have to buy one from some other company.
    Revampd and cdelcampo216 like this.
    06-29-13 09:59 AM
    I think a moment of silence is appropriate for a moment like this....... Thank you.
    Playing taps would be appropriate.

I see the 64 gb version now sells for $189 on Amazon. What a kick in the pills. And it still does little more than it did on launch. Even after the OS 2 "Okay, we are serious Now!" farce.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    06-29-13 10:00 AM
    Besides continuing to use it normally as I did today? And yesterday? And the day before that?
    06-29-13 10:13 AM
    I must admit, I agree with you on the video chat while traveling out of country. The last time I was in Edmonton on business, I used video chat with my wife to show off the West Edmonton Mall and the indoor waterside. That and the pirate ship. Crazy.
    northernrds and RP Singh like this.
    06-29-13 10:13 AM
    Besides continuing to use it normally as I did today? And yesterday? And the day before that?
    Hence the "keep on rocking" selection in the poll. I voted for that option as well.
    06-29-13 10:16 AM
    Me too. Haha. Pardon the twinge of sarcasm in my previous comment. Just a twinge... Lol.
    06-29-13 10:24 AM
    My biggest fear with an upgrade was losing the Podcast app. I often wondered if we would lose our most used apps with a possible upgrade. If the upgrade canceled all the apps we actually love, there would be just as much (or more) anger towards BBRY.
    06-29-13 10:27 AM
162 123 ...