• I updated with noticeable improvements

162 45.89%
  • I updated with NO noticeable improvements

158 44.76%
  • I updated and it did terrible things to my PB

33 9.35%
08-20-12 06:03 PM
97 1234
    The. 668 update seems to have made noticeable improvements to my PB. After a few days with the update I can say my battery life has improved slightly and the occasional keyboard lag is gone. What say you?
    I updated to .668 I noticed the browser is faster on wifi. But it also caused the wifi connection to drop more often. My playbook also heated up after 15 mins of surfing web. By heated up I meant hot, not warm up. The battery drain faster. Maybe some bugs in the software caused the playbook battery to drain and heat up faster. Nothing good in this update I guess. Wait for another one shall we?
    08-06-12 04:56 PM
    i noticed the speedier browser and the more responsive keyboard immediately, but that was about it. after reading this post i have found some more improvements. thanks to the OP and those that have contributed
    08-06-12 05:00 PM
    I found keyboard to be a little snappier, but found my wifi signal would drop from time to time. That never happened before..
    08-06-12 06:35 PM
    I have 668 on 2 PB with no issue on either. Battery life is better on both. I dont get the black Try Again screen in my browser much at all now. Keyboard wasnt noticeable but after reading here, i realize it is more responsive.

Both of them are stock 64gb (no sideloading, never had a beta, no dingles) with minimal apps (maybe 25 on each). I have 7-8 android apps, wife has a few also.

I wont be downgrading unless there is an issue. Still, doesnt help the disappointment on being 2.0 rev instead of 2.1, but im a big boy and can handle waiting.
    08-06-12 06:58 PM
    I actually voted for NO improvments, but I was wrong.. I HAVE seen Noticable Improvements. Sorry, these scissors got in the way! LOL

1. My battery is fine with no noticable change. I do NOT get the heating that others have an issue with, and the battery works like a charm.

2. My WiFi is TONS better with full bars now.

3. The Apps load smoother and faster
    08-06-12 07:29 PM
    My playbook is brilliant as ever. I have never had one issue with my PB since I had it. I have read most complaints about the PB and every time think, not here. I grabbed the update as soon as it came out and have not noticed anything different, but then again, I was not having issues in the first place.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-06-12 07:54 PM
    It has stopped pulling in my email which sucks as leave it on my desk while working and i rely on it to notify me when there is mail.

A few days before the download i started having battery problems and I was thinking the update might fix them but no the short battery life is still there.

No speed improvements that i can see.
    08-06-12 07:55 PM
    From several BB sites, including CB:

"RIM had this to say:

RIM discovered an issue with the PlayBook software update. The update has been removed. Customers that have already successfully updated to version are not affected and can continue using their PlayBook with the updated software. "
    Today @michaelclewley tweeted "The update was pulled due to update issues from 1.0.7. No other reasons."
    Last edited by stewartj1; 08-06-12 at 08:26 PM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    08-06-12 08:03 PM
    Faster and much smoother OS. I am very pleased with the update. There aren't any "noticeable" changes but the smoothness and speed is great.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 08:03 PM
    For those that haven't noticed a difference, try the GPS. It locks on MUCH quicker and is very noticeably more accurate with stronger signal strength.
    It see improved GPS too. The Android app that I use, Repligo, is now stable - before it would lock up or crash.
    08-06-12 08:18 PM
    I have 668 on two 16 Gb playbooks since day one. Both units work fine with no strange battery drain. Is it a major improvement? I don't know for sure but Android player has not crushed even one time since. I'll stick to the update for now.
    What makes me feel uneasy is the way RIM, and some media, handled the whole situation when mixed reports were coming up from the users.
    The RIMs statement says "there is an issue... but the current users with the update are not affected". It just does not sound right. If there is an issue big enough to remove the update we're all affected one way or the other. (This update is still listed on RIM's support pages for playbook.)
    It's not the first time there's a problem with the updates being removed by RIM due to the issues reported by users afterwards. And it seems no one cares much enough to provide reasonable explanation even to their still loyal user base.
    Im just baffled
    08-06-12 08:55 PM
    For me, apps seem to close much faster (as in, they're usable much faster after closing them). This is especially noticable with the browser, messages, contacts, calendar, and App World.

No complaints from me!
    08-06-12 08:58 PM
    No problems here, and some things seem a little faster. Noticable improvement in boot time (for wht thats worth as I seldom reboot)
    08-06-12 09:11 PM
    What is 1.0.7? Are they talking about OS 1.0.7? Are there people still not using the 2.0 OS?
    08-06-12 10:15 PM
    My browser is noticeably faster after the update. I used to have to wait for my RSS feeds to load in BB News; sometimes for minutes at a time. Now articles load almost instantly. I am very pleased with the result.
    08-06-12 10:17 PM
    You forgot no Kim Kardashian.
    He was listing bad things, so "no Kim Kardashian" wouldn't go on that list.
    08-06-12 10:30 PM
    My camera works again. I'm happy.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-12 10:36 PM
    What is 1.0.7? Are they talking about OS 1.0.7? Are there people still not using the 2.0 OS?
    Every new PlayBook probably comes with that as the base. Wouldn't be good for new customers being upgraded at initial startup, so makes sense they would pull it...
    08-06-12 10:38 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but my PlayBook feels much more snappy now. Especially in the music player and the browser. Both these apps load a lot faster.
    08-07-12 03:19 AM
    after updating, my WIFI connection is not working anymore!! Sigh!!
    08-07-12 03:44 AM
    The only improvement I noticed, and it is a big one, is that I can now backup with DM. After the prior upgrade DM would not see my PB. Now it does. I have noted no problems but no real differences in operation.
    08-07-12 06:04 AM
    Overall performance is better, but emails are having a hard time to update
    Vector-SS likes this.
    08-07-12 10:10 AM
    Thanks, TheScionicMan. I hadn't thought of that. And maybe they hadn't either
    08-07-12 10:14 AM
    No noticeable improvements just because I have nothing quantifiable like "Time to open up a browser", "Time to open up native email", "Time to boot up", etc. with time stamps before and after the update. Maybe in the future there will be an app for that.

For the time being, i suggest we all time it ourselves NOW, and compare these measurements after the next update.
    08-07-12 02:20 PM
    No noticeable difference on my PB. ~ecm
    08-07-12 03:56 PM
97 1234