Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • My PB is faster

66 69.47%
  • My PB is slower

10 10.53%
  • My PB is about the same

19 20.00%
    It seems in every OS 2.0 thread on here, there are people arguing that its faster, or that its slower. SO Lets address the argument here in a thread of its own so we stop distracting from the other threads which were not created to address the issue.

For me, I find it a lot faster, everything (except App world) seems to have gotten snappier. That being said, I did see someone this morning with a PAINFULLY slow PlayBook�.Personally I think he had a bad update. Not only did it take forever to open & run apps, They often wouldn�t run properly once opened & he would have to back out of the app & then back into it, to make it work properly.

Still�That was HIS PB, not mine. Mine is even faster, so that�s how I�m voting

btw it�s still too early to tell about battery life�but personally I�ve always thought that my PB should have a better lasting battery, but now today, it�s been running all day (no games though) & is only down to 80%....If that�s accurate & continues, that will mean a BIG improvement for me battery wise.
    02-21-12 09:36 PM
    For me its been running noticably faster. App world is okay as well its not really laggy though.
    02-21-12 09:41 PM
    Each of the upgraded BlackBerry PlayBooks ran very smoothly after the software installation to BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0. I am still learning about the new functionality and features which could take some time. A very nice update that would have knocked this tablet out of the park on release date of 19 April 2011. There are a few rough edges and inconsistencies which should be addressed in the coming months to improve the overall user experience. Now I need to find some time to start developing a few essential applications for this tablet.
    02-21-12 09:44 PM
    I feel it is much faster, and I haven't crashed yet. (knock on wood)
    02-21-12 09:45 PM
    I got a laggy PB..
    I don't know if it's my PB or is it something else..

Does anyione have a suggestion for me?
    Btw, I bought my 64GB PlayBoook on launch.
    02-21-12 09:55 PM
    My playbook is a lot faster now. The only area that I think they can improve is the speed on email, calendar and contacts apps. I'm sure that they will improve on that on future updates. I have to say this thou, I like the playbook even more now. Exellent job RIM.
    02-21-12 09:58 PM
    It is at the same time fast and smooth.
    02-21-12 10:03 PM
    I got a laggy PB..
    I don't know if it's my PB or is it something else..

Does anyione have a suggestion for me?
    Btw, I bought my 64GB PlayBoook on launch.
    I've heard a number of people that had lag issues with their PB. Most of these people had either a Dingleberry'd PB or the 2.0 Dev installed previously.

The fix that seems to be working in that case is, secure wipe & reinstall.
    Backup your data first of course
    02-21-12 10:07 PM
    I seem to have better battery
    02-21-12 10:10 PM
    My PB is really laggy. Takes a while to load the crackberry website or does not load at all. Gestures sometimes dont work, have to take a couple swipes to do what I want. Not to mention the App World, takes a while to load and forget about searching. What a joke! Was more usable with OS1.
    02-21-12 10:20 PM
    Updated directly from the dev beta, rooted, no issues, runs real snappy
    02-21-12 10:25 PM
    Mine is noticeably faster and appears my wifi connection is faster now as well. Stable with zero issues so far.
    02-21-12 10:26 PM
    So far it is faster for me. Wifi is also connecting @ 54mb and Internet is definitely faster.
    02-21-12 10:28 PM
    1 issue, I had it drop wifi for about 30 seconds at one point. Pretty sure it was the router though
    02-21-12 10:29 PM
    My PB is really laggy. Takes a while to load the crackberry website or does not load at all. Gestures sometimes dont work, have to take a couple swipes to do what I want. Not to mention the App World, takes a while to load and forget about searching. What a joke! Was more usable with OS1.
    Have you tried a "secure wipe" and then reinstall?
    02-21-12 10:34 PM
    I have a 32gb one that I pair with a 9810.
    I finder much faster the connections between them.
    But the next and previous buttons don't work.
    I have a funny menu on the modern combat.

Overall faster. But not super impressed.
    02-21-12 10:36 PM
    I find it faster than 1.0.8. Also it seems like my battery is draining a lot slower too.

I performed a security wipe from 2.0 Beta and re installed OS 1.0.8 before upgrading to the official OS 2.0 release.
    02-21-12 10:41 PM
    I actually had a browser crash, just once. However, my PlayBook is running much faster and every bit as smooth as before.
    02-21-12 10:42 PM
    Mine runs well so far. I never rooted or anything either. Towards the end of OS1, some websites were hardly loading if at all. Now those websites seem to load faster than ever. Bridge did feel a little slow but now I just got around to updating bridge and haven't tested yet.
    02-21-12 10:54 PM
    I have a 32gb one that I pair with a 9810.
    I finder much faster the connections between them.

Overall faster. But not super impressed.
    Which Next & Previous buttons? in which app?

That would be an issue with the 3rd party dev. I'm sure they will release an update ASAP
    02-21-12 11:05 PM
    I find the UI overall feels much faster.

- Opening apps is quicker
    - Browser loading pages faster (WiFi bug fixes?)
    - Pinch to zoom within the browser is more responsive
    - Camera captures photos faster

With the exception of AppWorld, most things feel very fluid!
    02-21-12 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD