75 23.73%
  • not buy any tablet | save the money for something else

57 18.04%
12-11-11 06:09 AM
136 ... 456
tools
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have an announcement to make. It will certainly delight some of you

I have sold my two slightly used (IDK if sitting on a shelf is considered a use ) 16Gb Playbooks for $220 both. That's even less than I was able to snatch them for ($130 each) at Office Depot (after price matching and gift cards). Yeah, these things hold value

Anyway, I really hope that you, guys, will be patient enough to witness the day when the Playbook actually delivers the basic functionality that has been promised and that is standard on other tablets.

If I angered some of you, there is nothing personal. It was just hard for me to see so much potential in this device and abysmal execution and attention on RIM's end.

And yes, I'm in the 57% that will not be replacing their Playbook. Transformer Prime, here I come

Adios, my friends, and keep the forum as entertaining as it has always been.

Adam
    I own 7 tablets right now. I like my transformer but I think you would be very angry if you bought one right now considering the new ones are coming out in a short time lol!

But, I have to disagree with you on one point. There is nothing my PlayBook is 'missing' that I need. Just stuff everyone else missing that they need.

As a developer, and I've said this a dozen times, anything I am missing I've just... well added to mine. The PB is my favorite. The others all have their quirks and trust me, unless you have something against RIM in general you won't be in for any fantastic surprises.

I'm not a big fan of Android for various reasons. And the iPad 2 we have is nice at first, but I got bored with it quickly. The PlayBook is what I use, mostly because:

A) I bought it for the state it is in, not some fantasy state in the future
    B) I wrote any apps I needed that it was missing
    C) It is perfect for what I need. A quick tablet for meetings for notes and tracking issues.

If I wanted to use my iPad 2, I'd just use it. But... to be honest I don't Good thing you sold them though. I'm hoping that the new owners buy them based on what is currently available for it.

Also --- I think you need to reread the post stats. 57% said they would replace the PlayBook with a PlayBook

Ed.
    HighlandBerry and kbz1960 like this.
    11-23-11 08:42 PM
    I own 7 tablets right now. I like my transformer but I think you would be very angry if you bought one right now considering the new ones are coming out in a short time lol!

But, I have to disagree with you on one point. There is nothing my PlayBook is 'missing' that I need. Just stuff everyone else missing that they need.

As a developer, and I've said this a dozen times, anything I am missing I've just... well added to mine. The PB is my favorite. The others all have their quirks and trust me, unless you have something against RIM in general you won't be in for any fantastic surprises.

I'm not a big fan of Android for various reasons. And the iPad 2 we have is nice at first, but I got bored with it quickly. The PlayBook is what I use, mostly because:

C) It is perfect for what I need. A quick tablet for meetings for notes and tracking issues.

If I wanted to use my iPad 2, I'd just use it. But... to be honest I don't Good thing you sold them though. I'm hoping that the new owners buy them based on what is currently available for it.

Also --- I think you need to reread the post stats. 57% said they would replace the PlayBook with a PlayBook

Ed.
    he did say the new transformer prime. which does seem to lead the way into ICS tablets
    11-23-11 08:48 PM

Ed.
    Yeah. iPeople can't really read .

Anyway what's up with the 43%. How can you not buy another Playbook? Well, I guess you haven't tried other tablets. They are all flawed.
    KermEd likes this.
    11-26-11 01:08 AM
    shootscores - is that you?
    11-26-11 01:14 AM
    Out of all the polls on this site, this one seems to be the most unambiguous. The answer choices are as straightforward as they can get. You either get a replacement Playbook or you don't.
    12-10-11 11:24 AM
    Hello I was in Italy on business and one of my business partners (and a friend) from Italy wanted a playbook. I gave him my 16 GB. Today I bought a 64GB yea
    12-10-11 12:06 PM
    Got mine insured through the house insurance for lost/theft/damage in and away from the home for 1 a month extra
    12-10-11 02:17 PM
    So just a little over a half of our Playbook enthusiasts will buy a replacement Playbook?
    12-11-11 12:06 AM
    So just a little over a half of our Playbook enthusiasts will buy a replacement Playbook?
    I will admit, I inspired this poll (patting self on back!). There was another thread I don't recall. And I began to wonder what I would do if my pb was lost or stolen. I really do like aspects of this quirky tablet but am sorely disappointed in what I consider some major flaws. I suggested questions kind of like this and he ran with it and posted the poll. The OP sold his pb.
    12-11-11 12:49 AM
    Personally, if I lost my playbook I would look at the Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy 8.9, Kindle Fire, or maybe an Ipad 3. I am Done with RIM.
    Bye.
    12-11-11 05:43 AM
    Well since I have a protection plan which includes verifiable loss or theft. I would get a replacement
    12-11-11 06:09 AM
136 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD