Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • buy a replacement Playbook

184 58.23%
  • buy a deifferent tablet

75 23.73%
  • not buy any tablet | save the money for something else

57 18.04%
    I've been using the Playbook every day since it was released. I would be as lost without it as losing my phone. I follow a lot of tech and there isn't a better tablet for my needs. The only thing the Playbook is missing for me is a couple of specific apps. I'm just hoping there will be a Playbook II. I would have liked a swappable battery and an sd card slot.
    11-03-11 07:34 PM
    i really like the bridge system. Gives me option of browsing without a separate data plan, as in iPad etc.

Native email would be nice, but the bridge solves the problem for me. If RIM would arrange for Google to add a Google Map app, the PB would have most of the things I need. I really like the screen, the ability to hook into my TV with a HDMI, the tabs feature of the browser and now that I've got used to the 'swipe' functions, I would miss that.

So I would buy another.
    11-03-11 07:39 PM
    I would not hesitate to buy another tablet from another Company. I am pretty wound up about the sorry state of the Playbook. But it's only because I see what it COULD be.
    The Playbook is some serious hardware and awesome base software held back by what is becoming increasingly clear to be a totally inept company. I love my Playbook, but the reality is it is a $700 web browser.
    Every day RIM delays BBX or PB OS2, they are just making it harder to win in the marketplace.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-03-11 07:44 PM
    1) Cost may be a factor but in no way does it bias the first two options.
    Actually it does.
    Extreme example, but if someone loses their playbook, the price remains at $500-$700 and some android tab can be had for $200, they may just opt for the android tab (nook, kindle?) for the time being. That doesn't mean they would not have preferred the playbook at the same price. Not everyone is made of money.

Price is always a factor in deciding between tablets, how can you even say that with such certainty?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-03-11 at 10:41 PM.
    11-03-11 10:37 PM
    This will be fun

My turn to discredit the poll - this one is flawed because you are not considering price as a factor, but I'm betting this poll will show the same result as the others anyway.

Maybe some would replace it for $99 and not $400? Maybe some can't afford to replace it?
    Maybe some would wait for 2.0 to decide? (highly likely)

There are a lot of factors you're not considering. However I predict you will lose anyway,
    and the excuse will be because of the bias of the fact that this is in a playbook forum ...

Personally, I have become highly dependent on it, and would have to eat whatever cost to replace it immediately, so it could start paying for the loss in time and money saved!

What I have to wonder is why it is so important to you that everyone hate their playbooks as much as you?
    Feeling lonely?

People are capable of considering price in the basis of their decision. What is wrong with you and your hate on anyone who doesn't think of the playbook as highly as you do? Please learn to hate a little less.
    11-04-11 12:11 AM
    People are capable of considering price in the basis of their decision. What is wrong with you and your hate on anyone who doesn't think of the playbook as highly as you do? Please learn to hate a little less.
    I don't think Blackjack is hating. Like many others he is happy with his PB and very enthusiastic in his expression. If he is hating, he may simply be hating the haters and sometimes two negatives make a positive.
    11-04-11 12:26 AM
    I don't think Blackjack is hating. Like many others he is happy with his PB and very enthusiastic in his expression. If he is hating, he may simply be hating the haters and sometimes two negatives make a positive.
    A negative and another negative makes two negatives...

I think he is hating because he is trying to discredit a forum poll... Because the poll wasn't done exactly in the manner he saw fit. Anyway, I ignore the haters or the fact they are hating and would prefer to see people treated equally rather than on the basis of their opinion.
    11-04-11 12:29 AM
    What are you talking about? How is it hate to point out a flaw in a poll, my polls were flooded with people pointing out flaws, attempting to discredit. some valid, some not...I'm not allowed to do the same without being accused of being a hater?

My point is that the prices are an unknown, yet a major factor in making this decision, between playbook or another tablet. This is a valid point. Take off the blinders.

What is wrong with you and your hate of a playbook enthusiast in a playbook enthusiast forum?

Why is it so important to a small group (of yes, haters) to attempt to dim my bulb?
    Unfortunately it only makes it glow brighter, so give it up.

If playbook enthusiasm bothers you - find another forum.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-04-11 at 01:32 AM.
    11-04-11 01:23 AM
    I don't have to imagine. My First playbook was stolen my first night in the big city along with as many other small electronics they could get their hands on! Anyway, a few months later I found a used playbook on craigslist and now I have more chargers than I have outlets, just about anyway. I called RIM but there was no way to track the playbook without blackberry protect, which still doesn't exist for playbook. Insurance was no help, felt like I was robed twice lol. Changed all passwords but now I have my playbook password protected so they can't even access it. I was sad but its only stuff.

Life lives on,

Pat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 01:26 AM
    What are you talking about? How is it hate to point out a flaw in a poll, my polls were flooded with people pointing out flaws, attempting to discredit. some valid, some not...I'm not allowed to do the same without being accused of being a hater?

My point is that the prices are an unknown, yet a major factor in making this decision, between playbook or another tablet. This is a valid point. Take off the blinders.

What is wrong with you and your hate of a playbook enthusiast in a playbook enthusiast forum?

Why is it so important to a small group (of yes, haters) to attempt to dim my bulb?

bj, can this statement in the op apply to you?:

"Just go to the main forum and find a thread you like."

the fact is that you are trying to discredit the poll on the basis of some minor things like a $50 dollar difference between the playbook and a competitor.

so what you are saying is that a person who is in love with his playbook would be ready to pay $200 for the kindle (that isn't even out yet) or $250 for the nook, but would hesitate to buy a playbook that is $300 especially considering the hardware differences (fyi, the ipad and most android tablets with similar or better hardware are more expensive than the playbook currently is)?

well, in that case any rational person would say that the cost isn't a SIGNIFICANT factor.

can't that same person who loves the playbook but is $50 short think as you do: $50-$100 difference is nothing as my playbook saves me $3,276 on average daily like no other tablet can do.

or will you still say that same person doesn't know how to use the playbook and that's why can't make it save him money? it's only me, erh...8, shoot...s, and a bunch of others who are so freaking smart to be able to crack the playbook to extort value from it?

live with it. playbook is not the only thing in this world. i came here to this forum maybe a week ago as i am still deciding whether to keep one of the playbooks i have as a present (after all, got them for $130) and i am speechless by some people's denial that playbook has some flaws and their willingness to selflessly defend it at all costs.

i think i mentioned that this thread doesn't need to become another battlefield. you air your affection, somebody else airs his dissatisfaction as in any open forum, and life goes on.

is this possible, or do you really have to attack each and everyone who says he doesn't like the playbook?

if you can't stand the negativity in anyone's thread, you can always go back to the main forum and find another thread you like, just as suggested by op.

trust me, the fact that there are people out there who dislike the playbook shouldn't make you agonize. live a little. after all, all the playbook thing will be over sooner or later.
    Last edited by adamman; 11-04-11 at 02:31 AM.
    11-04-11 01:53 AM
    bj, can this statement in the op apply to you?:

"Just go to the main forum and find a thread you like."

the fact is that you are trying to discredit the poll on the basis of some minor things like a $50 dollar difference between the playbook and a competitor.

so what you are saying is that a person who is in love with his playbook would be ready to pay $200 for the kindle (that isn't even out yet) or $250 for the nook, but would hesitate to buy a playbook that is $300 especially considering the hardware differences (fyi, the ipad and most android tablets with similar or better hardware are more expensive than the playbook currently is)?

well, in that case any rational person would say that the cost isn't a SIGNIFICANT factor.

can't that same person who loves the playbook but is $50 short think as you do: $50-$100 difference is nothing as my playbook saves me $3,276 on average daily like no other tablet can do.

or will you still say that same person doesn't know how to use the playbook and that's why can't make it save him money? it's only me, erh...8, shoot...s, and a bunch of others who are so freaking smart to be able to crack the playbook to extort value from it?

live with it. playbook is not the only thing in this world. i came here to this forum maybe a week ago as i am still deciding whether to keep one of the playbooks i have as a present (after all, got them for $130) and i am speechless by some people's denial that playbook has some flaws and their willingness to selflessly defend it at all costs.

i think i mentioned that this thread doesn't need to become another battlefield. you air your affection, somebody else airs his dissatisfaction as in any open forum, and life goes on.

is this possible, or do you really have to attack each and everyone who says he doesn't like the playbook?

if you can't stand the negativity in anyone's thread, you can always go back to the main forum and find another thread you like, just as suggested by op.

trust me, the fact that there are people out there who dislike the playbook shouldn't make you agonize. live a little. after all, all the playbook thing will be over sooner or later.
    I did not attack. I have no problem with the thread.

That was not an attack it was a defense of an attack - learn the difference.
    My point was valid - the price of playbooks can be up to $700 for a 64g - if faced with a lost playbook for which they might have paid that price, many might consider a $200 nook or fire after that loss, and wait to see what new models come out etc...even though they would prefer a playbook. A 500 dollar difference is SIGNIFICANT the poll asked a question - that would be my answer, I might limp along with a cheap web browser until there was a good sale on playbooks, or the timing was right. and it was not a poll choice. Why is that a problem for you?

The same was done when I initiated polls - attempts were made to discredit it, many people said that their option was not there. Maybe you haven't been around long enough. The mods even modified the poll to add a third choice because of the complaints. I had no t issue with that. Now we want to be hypocritical, change the rules, and its now "not ok" to point out flaws in the poll??

I like the thread. I like the results of the poll. It shows that most would replace the playbook. Mind if I hang out here and voice my opinion like everyone else? Gee thanks.

Don't come in here after a week and start telling other posters what to and what not to post. If you had been around long enough you would know that I do not deny it has flaws. Please sell your playbook.

If you dont want this to become a battlefield, why are you initiating battles?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-04-11 at 03:17 AM.
    kbz1960 and erhan8 like this.
    11-04-11 03:08 AM

My point was valid - the price of playbooks can be up to $700 for a 64g - if faced with a lost playbook for which they might have paid that price, many might consider a $200 nook or fire after that loss, and wait to see what new models come out etc...even though they would prefer a playbook. A 500 dollar difference is SIGNIFICANT the poll asked a question - that would be my answer, I might limp along with a cheap web browser until there was a good sale on playbooks, or the timing was right. and it was not a poll choice. Why is that a problem for you?

The same was done when I initiated polls - attempts were made to discredit it, many people said that their option was not there. Maybe you haven't been around long enough. The mods even modified the poll to add a third choice because of the complaints. I had no t issue with that. Now we want to be hypocritical, change the rules, and its now "not ok" to point out flaws in the poll??

I like the thread. I like the results of the poll. It shows that most would replace the playbook. Mind if I hang out here and voice my opinion like everyone else? Gee thanks.

Don't come in here after a week and start telling other posters what to and what not to post. If you had been around long enough you would know that I do not deny it has flaws. Please sell your playbook.
    where have you seen a $700 playbook lately? the 16gb version has been around $250-300 for about 2 months now (go to slickdeals.net and search for playbook). i got mine for $130 each. this makes the playbook way more affordable than other comparable tablets.

oh by the way, you can get cheap Chinese no-brand tablets for about $100, so you suggest that a person would simply buy whatever is less expensive. here, you are contradicting yourself as you have done probably numerous times.

as for the poll, is this just revenge for you? somebody trashed your polls, now, you need to ruin this one?

"If you had been around long enough you would know that I do not deny it has flaws."- do you want me to cite a few of your posts where you say that those who find flaws in the playbook simply don't know how to use it?

"Don't come in here after a week and start telling other posters" - i am not telling other posters, I was addressing you. and i have the right to voice my concerns regardless of how long i've been a member of this forum, don't i?

"I might limp along with a cheap web browser until there was a good sale on playbooks" - you'd shoot yourself in the head if you had to part with your playbook. you'd rather sell your kidney to get the playbook. don't tell us otherwise. we all know this.

"That was not an attack it was a defense of an attack - learn the difference." whiskey tango foxtrot did you just say?
    Last edited by adamman; 11-04-11 at 03:43 AM.
    11-04-11 03:27 AM

Thank you for proving my point.
    11-04-11 03:54 AM
    this is your post on the first page:

My turn to discredit the poll - this one is flawed

There are a lot of factors you're not considering. However I predict you will lose anyway,

What I have to wonder is why it is so important to you that everyone hate their playbooks as much as you?
    Feeling lonely?
    so who is initiating battles?

i'll tell you something. you can't even keep track of what you've written. you can't control your outrage. you have a very rare disorder which is called rimplaybookphilia and which is a form of fetishism. you should see a doctor. the sooner the better. please, don't think i am making fun of you. i am genuinely concerned.

tell the doctor this
    "Why is it so important to a small group (of yes, haters) to attempt to dim my bulb? Unfortunately it only makes it glow brighter..."
    and he'll give you the right pills.
    Last edited by adamman; 11-04-11 at 04:27 AM.
    11-04-11 03:56 AM

Its a poll, not a comprehensive survey or study.

It wasn't an "attack".

There is a lot of "significant" factors that each person would consider if they had in fact lost their playbook. Yes, price is one of them. Also the amount of apps a person has spent. Also the news at the time concerning the next update. Also what the person does with it.

I decided that I would buy another tablet. Would I buy it immediately? Not likely. Was price a factor? Yes. Sales? I thought of that. At the end of the day, I decided that there are lots of other tablets out there and many are of good quality. Therefore, I think if I lost my playbook I would try something new out. Also, its gotten quite annoying that many mainstream apps aren't available for the playbook and whenever a new app is announced, its often missing that blackberry announcement.

BJ, view this as an attack and I'll merely report you for trolling. Its sad when an enthusiast has to "attack" another enthusiast (me). You claimed I wasn't an enthusiast, what do you know of me?
    11-04-11 04:09 AM
    Kids, please, can we kindly knock off the he-said-she-said-you-said stuff for just one thread? Thank you.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic ...

I have no desire to get another brand tablet if I somehow lost my PlayBook, and there's about a 90% chance I'd replace this one with another one. However, I may possibly wait until May to see what RIM actually delivers for OS 2 first. It would probably be the PlayBook or nothing.
    JeepBB, ferganer, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    11-04-11 05:10 AM
    I would get a Windows 7 tablet that would do "everything" I need and replace my notebook.
    ferganer likes this.
    11-04-11 06:38 AM
    I would replace by Playbook asap! I use it to often for work, and love the size of it. I also have several back ups of my playbook for work related files and being without my Playbook would be like going about without a heart!

Now for the rest of you, can't people just answer one POLL without without having it blow up!

Happy postings!
    JeepBB and ferganer like this.
    11-04-11 08:03 AM
    Personally, if I lost my playbook I would look at the Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy 8.9, Kindle Fire, or maybe an Ipad 3. I am Done with RIM.
    ferganer likes this.
    11-04-11 08:59 AM
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, guys. Nobody ever claimed that the poll is perfect. No poll is.

Sure, thanks for the comments, but can we keep them to the point.

Please, vote. Write a comment, if you have something to say about why you voted the way you did, and leave interpretation of the results and evaluation of their validity to others.

If need be, I'll bump the thread myself. Thanks again.
    Last edited by ferganer; 11-04-11 at 09:45 AM.
    FF22 and Hgouck like this.
    11-04-11 09:30 AM
    I would get a Windows 7 tablet that would do "everything" I need and replace my notebook.
    Thanks. Did you mean Windows 8?
    11-04-11 09:36 AM
    I already own all the other Tablets. So if I lost my PlayBook I would want to replace my PlayBook.

Just as, if I lost my iPad 2 I would want to replace my iPad 2. Its part of being an electro-junky
    ferganer and UnknownError507 like this.
    11-04-11 09:40 AM
    this is your post on the first page:

so who is initiating battles?

i'll tell you something. you can't even keep track of what you've written. you can't control your outrage. you have a very rare disorder which is called rimplaybookphilia and which is a form of fetishism. you should see a doctor. the sooner the better. please, don't think i am making fun of you. i am genuinely concerned.

tell the doctor this and he'll give you the right pills.
    lol, now I know why i keep coming back to these forums. The entertainment value is through the roof.
    11-04-11 09:51 AM
    Thanks. Did you mean Windows 8?
    If I could wait until they are released, yes, definitely Windows 8, but with Win 7 options just hitting market like the Acer Iconia, HP Slate 2, Dell ST, Fujitsu Stylistic Q550, etc, that would do quite well for now.

For me, I need to do stuff with a portable computer beyond watching movies, games, browsing web, and making picture slideshows. From my perspective, iPad, Playbook, and Android are good at this, but not much else. Depends on your needs I guess.
    Last edited by lase532; 11-04-11 at 11:44 AM.
    ferganer likes this.
    11-04-11 10:53 AM
    I don't think I could afford another PB, unless I was able to find one for as awesome a price as I got my first one for.
    ferganer likes this.
    11-04-11 11:51 AM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD