Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • buy a replacement Playbook

184 58.23%
  • buy a deifferent tablet

75 23.73%
  • not buy any tablet | save the money for something else

57 18.04%
    Hmm so the fair poll is showing the same results as the unfair poll? Interesting..
    no, it's showing that 2/3 of crackberry users who participated in the poll would replace a lost or stolen playbook with a new playbook. that's with 60 votes.

nothing less, nothing more.

the way one interprets the results is up to the reader.
    Last edited by adamman; 11-03-11 at 12:01 PM.
    ferganer likes this.
    11-03-11 11:55 AM
    I would buy a different tablet depending on the price. Now if I could get a 32GB or even a 64GB for less that what I paid for my PlayBook originally, I would be likely to buy another PlayBook over a competing tablet. If I'm going to drop $600 on another tablet, it wouldn't be the PlayBook. As much as I like my PlayBook, I wouldn't buy another one if it was the same price as it was when I bought mine in late June knowing what I now know.
    11-03-11 01:31 PM
    Hard for me to have voted as my answer was really none of the above... I would get a replacement playbook, but not immediately, I would wait until I read that 2.0 had come out and perhaps later if I read 2.0 was ate up with bugs or had some issues.
    11-03-11 01:41 PM
    Hard for me to have voted as my answer was really none of the above... I would get a replacement playbook, but not immediately, I would wait until I read that 2.0 had come out and perhaps later if I read 2.0 was ate up with bugs or had some issues.
    Yes. That would be my choice as well. (Option 3 was the closest answer)

I'd take the cash from the insurance payout on the loss, hide it under my mattress, and wait to see what happens with OS2 general release.

If OS2 really did come February'ish... and contained most of what I wanted to see... I'd buy a 64Gb Playbook at that time.
    11-03-11 02:07 PM
    If my PB were stolen...

I would probably try something new, since I knew already the PlayBook capabilities... something that is close to 7" screen of PB for it's portability... like a 7.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus panel screen... and something better than PB processor like a dual-core 1.4GHz processor and with microSD card slot (would be great)... even it runs with different OS than QNX... like Android 3.2... at least for a change... afterall, life is short... I believe, we don't need to set boundaries to what we can experience...
    11-03-11 02:40 PM
    With PlayBook constantly at my side, I believe its disappearance is unlikely. However, were the unthinkable to happen, and considering how much daily use I get out of PB, I wouldn't fuss too much about the replacement cost.
    11-03-11 02:45 PM
    I would certainly replace the lost or stolen BlackBerry PlayBook but if I lost it I might be tempted to say "Doh!" And if the prices were at the same level as the recent sales I would likely buy two replacements - just in case.
    ferganer likes this.
    11-03-11 03:01 PM
    Much thanks to everybody who responded and left comments. I have updated the OP to address some of your concerns. Thanks again and continue voting.
    11-03-11 03:58 PM
    agree. completely unrelated. i never recommend anything that i like to my friends. and usually recommend them stuff that i think stinks. cuz i am a mean mf

btw, have you completed any surveys in your life? most of them would have something like 'would you recommend this and that to your friends?' or do you spend all your time here on this forum singing odes to the almighty playbook?
    The latter, smarty pants.
    Personally not even I would recommend a purchase until 2.0 develops UNLESS they can identify reasons that it could pay for itself in the meantime, which is very probable if you are a professional, or could give them utility if they are traveling or such.

That has no bearing on whether or not I am happy with my purchase. Use your gourd - how else do YOU explain the different results?

no, it's showing that 2/3 of crackberry users who participated in the poll would replace a lost or stolen playbook with a new playbook. that's with 60 votes.

nothing less, nothing more.

the way one interprets the results is up to the reader.
    You're REALLY grasping at straws. Are we going to dispute the fairness of the "fair poll" as well?

Clearly you just don't like the result.
    OK let's let the poll cook awhile. It's up to 93 now, and no significant change.

When we don't like the message, we resort to belittling the messenger, and name calling don't we?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-03-11 at 04:06 PM.
    11-03-11 04:01 PM
    The latter, smarty pants.
    Personally not even I would recommend a purchase until 2.0 develops UNLESS they can identify reasons that it could pay for itself in the meantime, which is very probable if you are a professional, or could give them utility if they are traveling or such.

That has no bearing on whether or not I am happy with my purchase. Use your gourd - how else do YOU explain the different results?

You're REALLy grasping at straws. Are we going to dispute the farness of the "faripoll" as well?

Clearly you just don't like the result.
    OK let's let the poll cook awhile. It's up to 93 now, and no significant change.

When we have no valid argument we resort to belittling the messenger, and name calling don't we?
    are you pissed off? i am very much liking the result. it shows that two thirds (not 90%) of CRACKBERRY USERS (emphasis added) are ready to purchase a replacement PLaybook

now, think about unbiased non-fanatic consumers out there in the real life who are not living on this forum and who haven't posted 2,494 posts over the last 4 months (17 posts a day, you must be kidding, what job do you exactly do?) trying to get on the nerves of other posters. I hope you are really aware of the reputation you earned on this forum. Nobody takes you seriously. as even RIM decides to shut down all the playbook thing, you will scream "WONDERFUL, the playbook and RIM are still the best that has happened to mother earth"

we know the sales statistics, don't we already?
    11-03-11 04:10 PM
    This poll needs an option to Wait to purchase until I see what happens with PB updates
    I was the one who originally suggested this poll and that was one of my suggestions. Because of the back and forth, positive and negative and manic and depressive episodes in so many threads, I had gotten to wonder what I would do if my pb was gone. I really like any number of features and I am driven to distraction by a similar number of missing or poorly done features. What would I do????

But it was simplified to effectively say "if you lost it now, what would you do NOW?"

And in my original suggestion, I "suggested" that this poll would be as reliable as any of the others. It is more like curiosity about folks would do. Statistically the market has and continues to judge the pb and possibly inferentially how reliable Rim is as a corporation at following through on its, ahem promises (okay, back to intimations)

edited to add: I just looked at the poll numbers. 1/3 would not get a replacement pb. That seems higher than the 10% we keep being told are the malcontents.
    Last edited by F2; 11-03-11 at 04:38 PM.
    11-03-11 04:25 PM
    actually BJ is not in the top 5 posters today so it must be an off day for him....someone make sure he is feeling ok
    11-03-11 04:35 PM
    are you pissed off? i am very much liking the result. it shows that two thirds (not 90%) of CRACKBERRY USERS (emphasis added) are ready to purchase a replacement PLaybook

now, think about unbiased non-fanatic consumers out there in the real life who are not living on this forum and who haven't posted 2,494 posts over the last 4 months (17 posts a day, you must be kidding, what job do you exactly do?) trying to get on the nerves of other posters. I hope you are really aware of the reputation you earned on this forum. Nobody takes you seriously. as even RIM decides to shut down all the playbook thing, you will scream "WONDERFUL, the playbook and RIM are still the best that has happened to mother earth"

Pissed off that you quoted me before I could correct my spelling lol
    and no, I was not on the playbook.

Never pissed off, just annoyed at the sarcastic attitude and personal belittling..

I'm very happy with the results as well.
    As for what I do - don't worry about it. It is very easy to multitask as I compile code, reboot computers etc...don't start with the get a life attacks. I don't try to get on people's nerves, you just seem to have a jittery nervous system. But you sure are trying to get on mine.

It's fun playing with you, but not worth the time or risk...backing away from the thread.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-03-11 at 04:38 PM.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    11-03-11 04:36 PM
    I was the one who originally suggested this poll and that was one of my suggestions. Because of the back and forth, positive and negative and manic and depressive episodes in so many threads, I had gotten to wonder what I would do if my pb was gone. I really like any number of features and I am driven to distraction by a similar number of missing or poorly done features. What would I do????

But it was simplified to effectively say "if you lost it now, what would you do NOW?"
    I guess that leaves me with not buying anything immediately. Tough question, though. After having a tablet since launch I'm kind of spoiled. My opinion may very well change if I no longer had one. Oh, what to do???
    11-03-11 04:37 PM
    I guess that leaves me with not buying anything immediately. Tough question, though. After having a tablet since launch I'm kind of spoiled. My opinion may very well change if I no longer had one. Oh, what to do???
    It was meant more or less to "draw the line in the sand." More so than "would you recommend it." There is NO way I would recommend it. I might or might not replace it.

But leaving OS2 out is really necessary since I think the advice has generally been "if it does what you want NOW, get it. If there are things you want but are not there now, hold off until you see what OS2 really offers, if it ever offers anything."

Let's hope you don't have to make the decision.
    11-03-11 06:09 PM

Dang I just looked and I'm in the top posters. Fingers be still awhile.

Actually I could care less about my or anyone's post count it means nothing other then some of us have a lot to type whether it's useful or not.
    adamman likes this.
    11-03-11 06:15 PM
    Actually I could care less about my or anyone's post count it means nothing other then some of us have a lot to type whether it's useful or not.
    my point exactly. thanks.
    11-03-11 06:21 PM
    Pissed off that you quoted me before I could correct my spelling lol
    and no, I was not on the playbook.

Never pissed off, just annoyed at the sarcastic attitude and personal belittling..
    you are so entertaining. thanks.
    11-03-11 06:36 PM
    I would buy a tablet with a spell checker that works so I could create a poll and not have misspelled words in it. "deifferent tablet"
    FF22 and erhan8 like this.
    11-03-11 06:42 PM
    I would buy a tablet with a spell checker that works so I could create a poll and not have misspelled words in it. "deifferent tablet"
    Or I'd open another tab and type the misspelled word in google and correct it. Not ideal but if spelling really counts.

Now where did I put that dictionary..........humm.
    11-03-11 06:45 PM
    Heres one to stew over, "100% of satisfied PlayBook owners would replace their tablet if lost or stolen". lol

Come February the 90% will become 100% as well. Carry on pawns. lmao
    11-03-11 06:50 PM
    Would get out of the tablet market.
    Only way they would steal it is if some 1 broke into my house because I don't take it anywhere.lol
    Would hurt more if they stole my otterbox case on it than the PB itself.
    The way RIM is going would have to think long and hard before buying another one of their products.
    11-03-11 07:07 PM

I dont always agree with bj but I would much rather read his posts than yours. Not anyones business what he does for a living. At least there is one person that has time to balance out at least some of the trash talk by the same folks. All the SAME old negativity by the SAME old people. Give it a rest.
    11-03-11 07:08 PM
    had mine stolen from my truck and went out and bought another.
    11-03-11 07:24 PM
    had mine stolen from my truck and went out and bought another.
    Ah, a real world example. Sorry for your loss and your loss!
    Last edited by F2; 11-03-11 at 07:31 PM.
    11-03-11 07:27 PM
136 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD