Hi All,

Last night I tried to figure out how to access and dowload Podcasts - according to the online Playbook guide I should access the Podcast App....can't find that anywhere, had a quick ( admittedly very quick ) look in the Appstore and found a free Podcast Manager, downloaded that but could not figure it out at all. Does anybody know what I am missing or doing wrong please? BTW - I'm a Podcast newbie, other than BBC IPlayer I have never bothered with Podcasts on my Desktop but can really see myself wathing via the Playbook, already discovered that BBC Iplayer is a non-starter.

thanks,

Andy
    06-24-11 06:39 AM
    There's an app called Podcast with a little grey guy with 2 blue concentric circles over his head. It's an app that comes with the OS so it should be visible in the first few rows in the all apps area. It should also appear in the Media Apps tab.
    06-24-11 11:32 AM
    I have been using iTunes previously for Podcasts then d/l to an iPod. Is it possible to use the .xml files on the Playbook ?
    06-24-11 12:51 PM
    Also in the Categories Menu, the only option I have is 11 Blackberry Channels. Any ideas or are Podcasts region specific as I live in Dubai ?
    06-24-11 01:00 PM
    Thanks louzer, I checked but it is not there - BTW I am in the UK but bought my PB in the USA ( if that makes any difference ).
    06-25-11 11:26 AM
    If you chose UK as your region when you first set up your playbook then you won't see the podcast app - it has been disabled for all users outside the US & Canada. It's very annoying but there's nothing you can do about it.
    06-25-11 11:43 AM
    Is this temporary? With browser freezing problems and no Podcasts I will soon have no use for the Playbook, I was sooooooo looking forward to using it but am sooooooo disapointed
    06-26-11 10:06 AM
    Is this still the case? If so how do i re-register my Playbook for US?
    10-29-12 12:14 PM
    You can download Podcast from the source site (TV Ontario for example) from YouTube. It takes about 10 minutes to download a 1 hour program and view it at your leisure such as when your wife is shopping, you sit in the car and watch the programs.
    10-29-12 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD