Anybody notice that the podcast app on the playbook keeps saying pending for downloads for a long time? How do you get it to start downloading?
    05-01-11 09:34 AM
    i noticed it will only DL one at a time. Do you have more than one podcast qued up?
    05-01-11 11:03 AM
    I noticed the same thing. It usually starts back up when I close the application and re-open it but then stops again. Anyone got a fix? very annoying.
    05-09-11 04:56 PM
    it will most likely require an update... unless its available as a separate app...
    05-09-11 05:03 PM
    i'm experiencing the same issue. i've unsubcribed to all bug one podcast. 2 episodes downloaded and the rest say 'pending' but won't download.
    09-10-11 02:23 PM
    I had that happen the other night. Up until then I had no problem selecting more than 1 podcast, having the first download while the others are pending. When the first completed, the second changed from pending to downloading, etc, until complete.

The other night, I selected 4 to download and all 4 stayed at pending. I tried removing the last 3 and the first remained pending. In cancelled it, tried it again, and still pending. I restarted and then tried a hard reset (volume buttons +power) with same results. I gave up for the night.

The next morning, I tried again and it worked. My thoughts were that the device might be smart enough to not start a download if the power is below a certain level. I don't know because, frankly, I rarely pay attention to my power level because I've never ran it dry. The only other thing I can think of is if there was some wifi issue. I doubt this one since it refreshed the podcast list. But maybe this was cached.
    09-10-11 04:12 PM
    I had that happen the other night. Up until then I had no problem selecting more than 1 podcast, having the first download while the others are pending. When the first completed, the second changed from pending to downloading, etc, until complete.

The other night, I selected 4 to download and all 4 stayed at pending. I tried removing the last 3 and the first remained pending. In cancelled it, tried it again, and still pending. I restarted and then tried a hard reset (volume buttons +power) with same results. I gave up for the night.

The next morning, I tried again and it worked. My thoughts were that the device might be smart enough to not start a download if the power is below a certain level. I don't know because, frankly, I rarely pay attention to my power level because I've never ran it dry. The only other thing I can think of is if there was some wifi issue. I doubt this one since it refreshed the podcast list. But maybe this 'was cached.
    Will try the reset. Shouldn't be a power issue because it's plugged in and the battery is at full charge
    09-10-11 07:03 PM
    I had this problem too. The app can only download one podcast at a time and won't move on to the next until it finishes the first. It turned out that I had a partly down-loaded podcast, which I didn't know about. When I went back to that subscription it finished downloading and was then able to download the other podcasts. It seems crazy that you have go to go subscription by subscription to update each podcast - hopefully something that will be fixed soon.
    09-20-11 04:43 PM
    It seems like its a WIFI issue since when i am not in a WIFI area and it goes through my phone it does download. The application is definitely a bit buggy.

I have notice that if you set the playbook "Application Behavior" to "Showcase" it seems to work way better.
    for rookie user this is under "General" in the setting menu (gear icon in upper right corner)
    Last edited by LizardKingDOTca; 12-07-11 at 08:44 PM. Reason: found potential fix to the problem
    12-05-11 09:04 AM
    I'm sure it is an issue with the playbook and Phone, only podcast that I get on both devices have the problem, all the rest have downloaded, but any that have finished on my phone are pending on my playbook. When I go into "Downloads" all the pending ones are paused, I can restart them and they load fine. Is there a chance that the 2 accounts are shared and that they will only download to one devise at a time?
    01-14-12 03:10 PM
    I'm sure it is an issue with the playbook and Phone, only podcast that I get on both devices have the problem, all the rest have downloaded, but any that have finished on my phone are pending on my playbook. When I go into "Downloads" all the pending ones are paused, I can restart them and they load fine. Is there a chance that the 2 accounts are shared and that they will only download to one devise at a time?
    I've found the solution to my issue: changing the setting on how many episodes to keep when s new episode is found. I used to have it set to "keep all". Now I've set it to keep 3 and all episodes are now downloading

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-12 03:52 PM
    I just gave up on this part of fecal material app. OS2 should bring a much better version anyway, so our problems won't be for long.
    01-14-12 05:48 PM
    I agree ... can't wait for the BB video app with the update.
    01-14-12 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD