Plex isn't blocking your Netflix access.
    How many devices do you have running Netflix?
    Plex is blocking access. Let's say 3 is the answer to your "how many" question.
    11-21-12 10:07 AM
    Question: I set up Plex Media Server on my MAC... and I can view everything well... but, I can't publish my myplex server (and I don't have access to the Router), can I still use Plex on my PlayBook to stream videos such as NetFlix and Hulu (which are working fine on the Plex Media Manager on my Mac) while I'm at home and on the same wi-fi network as my MAC?
    11-21-12 02:48 PM
    MyPlex is not required for local network streaming, so yes. MyPlex is mainly used to publish your server for remote access on your devices. As long as your on the local network dont worry about it. FYI Guys look out for an update to the app shortly there have been some critical fixes made.
    11-21-12 03:38 PM
    Hey, chipmoon, are you the dev or connected to the dev or is this just promotion from a user? I'm not sure if this is a discussion of streaming options or if we're stepping on an unofficial product announcement.
    11-21-12 04:02 PM
    I like it much better than PlayOn -- pretty good timing inasmuch as my PlayOn subscription runs out in January.

The only problem I have is with Netflix, ironically -- it tells me I have to have Silverlight installed on my Plex Media Server, and to go to silverlight.net to install. Well, silverlight.net is for Silverlight development tools to begin with, but even going to MS's regular Silverlight download site and installing it on my (new) PC, I'm still getting the "you need Silverlight on your PMS etc." message whenever I load up Netflix. Anyone else have this problem?
    11-21-12 04:04 PM
    I like it much better than PlayOn -- pretty good timing inasmuch as my PlayOn subscription runs out in January.

The only problem I have is with Netflix, ironically -- it tells me I have to have Silverlight installed on my Plex Media Server, and to go to silverlight.net to install. Well, silverlight.net is for Silverlight development tools to begin with, but even going to MS's regular Silverlight download site and installing it on my (new) PC, I'm still getting the "you need Silverlight on your PMS etc." message whenever I load up Netflix. Anyone else have this problem?
    What OS is on your PC? I seem to recall a note on the site about some Windows version needing a different version of Silverlight.
    11-21-12 04:32 PM
    anyone will try before buy (just need to convert android .apk on www.apk2bar.unker.net ) works perfect
    Last edited by sdtvteam; 11-22-12 at 12:01 PM.
    11-21-12 05:03 PM
    What OS is on your PC? I seem to recall a note on the site about some Windows version needing a different version of Silverlight.
    New PC with Windows 8. I just installed Silverlight on it (at Plex's prompt), so it being an MS product, you'd think there wouldn't be a problem in terms of Windows compatibility.

Also, I note that some movies -- maybe a lot, I haven't checked them all -- crash Plex. They're all .mp4 files. Almost all are 720p. That is freaking annoying. The server is still updating things, though (currently on Photos), so maybe it needs to settle down.
    11-21-12 05:06 PM
    One thing I would like to know is if the Apple Bonjour service is required to be installed on a Win XP machine streaming to a Samsung TV and PlayBook.
    11-21-12 05:11 PM

Maybe the reason it gives a link to the developer tools is because that's actually what it needs for it to work? (I have no idea if this is the case, it just seems a logical conclusion). Have you tried installing the software from the site Plex directs you to?
    11-21-12 06:12 PM
    MyPlex is not required for local network streaming, so yes. MyPlex is mainly used to publish your server for remote access on your devices. As long as your on the local network dont worry about it. FYI Guys look out for an update to the app shortly there have been some critical fixes made.
    Thank you!

I'm going to go ahead and purchase now.

For me it's perfect solution since I don't have a tv in the bedroom and the playbook is perfect for watching in bed.
    11-21-12 06:51 PM
    U.S. Netflix only, so we Canucks need a VPN. Early testing, all video seems to work. Have not tested audio (FLAC) yet as libraries take a long time load on first run. Make sure to update server before any thing else. Some channels not working but that is to be expected. Netflix channel is working, SWEET! All this should have been on Playbook from the start. Hopefully it is on BB10 at launch/Playbook.
    Best place to get setup info, search the net. There is also a Plex forum. Would be nice if App World would tell # Downloads for apps. I would be curious about this one for the "behind" kissing they should do next April 1st.

Edit, So you can't say B,U,T,T, here? What about Arse? LOL
    11-21-12 08:10 PM
    Screenshot of the "i"

Attachment 126062

Then you click it

Attachment 126061
    How did you get all that description from a regular mkv file? Am I missing something?
    11-21-12 08:13 PM
    [QUOTE= Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Update the server, If I remember the defaults and UI are better. Plex gets info from IMDB or some site (change in settings) when loading or rescaning libraeies.
    11-21-12 08:28 PM
    So we're really going to support piracy on crackberry.com now?
    11-21-12 09:55 PM
    So we're really going to support piracy on crackberry.com now?
    Instead of saying "we", please define you and who else you mean. I'm not aware of any context where we are a "we" on this topic.
    11-21-12 10:04 PM
    I'm referring to the guy who posted the bar up above, sdtvteam
    11-21-12 10:12 PM
    anyone will try before buy http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/ba/66/4...1.0.2228.0.bar works perfect
    TheSonicMan, i think he is refering to the above post.

And to answer an earlier question I am not one of the developers, but we'll just keep it at that stay tuned

FYI for Netflix to work with Windows 8 as your OS Plex Media Server must be run in compatability mode for Windows 7 there is no release yet for server to support Windows 8 yet, but in general majority of it works out of the box that way on Windows 8
    11-21-12 10:42 PM
    U.S. Netflix only, so we Canucks need a VPN. Early testing, all video seems to work. Have not tested audio (FLAC) yet as libraries take a long time load on first run. Make sure to update server before any thing else. Some channels not working but that is to be expected. Netflix channel is working, SWEET! All this should have been on Playbook from the start. Hopefully it is on BB10 at launch/Playbook.
    Best place to get setup info, search the net. There is also a Plex forum. Would be nice if App World would tell # Downloads for apps. I would be curious about this one for the "behind" kissing they should do next April 1st.

Edit, So you can't say B,U,T,T, here? What about Arse? LOL
    Have US Netflix and VPN but icon does not show in Plex as an option...any suggestions or check points?
    11-21-12 11:19 PM
    Here are a few sample screen shots while streaming some of the media I've ripped to my Plex box. I LOVE this app, been using it for ages. It's my HTPC interface and use it on Galaxy tab 10 (don't hate Rogers gave it to me free) I'm even a monthly plexpass subscriber. When I saw it for PB I squealed like a little girl. Just awesome, Netflix is somewhat messed up for me but I will figure it out. I can sign in to Netflix channel, bring up a show/movie start to play then nothing, just spins. OWW BTW Staples has 32GBPB on sale Nov 23 for $119. STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS

Plex for the BlackBerry PlayBook - ITS OUT!-img_00000037.jpgPlex for the BlackBerry PlayBook - ITS OUT!-img_00000038.jpgPlex for the BlackBerry PlayBook - ITS OUT!-img_00000039.jpgPlex for the BlackBerry PlayBook - ITS OUT!-img_00000040.jpg
    11-21-12 11:33 PM
    Have US Netflix and VPN but icon does not show in Plex as an option...any suggestions or check points?
    It would be located in "Foreign Restricted Channels" for you and fyi guys if you have US accounts for Netflix there isnt an option on Playbook but you can Install Plex Media Center on the server, open it go to channel directory, then preferences, and set your geo-location manually to US instead of the default auto and it will save in your server settings
    sdickie likes this.
    11-21-12 11:36 PM
    I'm referring to the guy who posted the bar up above, sdtvteam
    Well, then just refer to him then. Not sure how we were all implicated because we didn't call him out in public. Better yet, if it's a violation, hit the Report button and tell someone who CAN do something.
    11-22-12 01:26 AM
    Well, then just refer to him then. Not sure how we were all implicated because we didn't call him out in public. Better yet, if it's a violation, hit the Report button and tell someone who CAN do something.
    I hit reply and kinda thought it would nest it under his post. But I guess that doesn't work here. Thank you for pointing out the report button. Done. As you can tell I've never really posted on these forums much. I was a bit incensed when I saw it since I know the plex devs have gone to some bother to try out the Playbook market.
    11-22-12 04:04 AM
    U.S. Netflix only, so we Canucks need a VPN.
    You can force the Netflix plugin to work in Canada by editing a couple of files.
    The instructions are here.
    sdickie likes this.
    11-22-12 04:37 AM
    Downloaded this today from app world. Extremely limited in what I, living in Ireland, can get through it (youtube). Hopefully, there's more to come but so far I'm annoyed I spent the money.
    So, I spent the last couple of nights getting to grips with Plex and after my initial disappointment with limited channel access, I must say, I'm very impressed with the capabilities of this app. Watching HighRes Movies and streaming other multimedia from my collections on my PC/Laptop, it;s a fantastic app and if you're into that kind of thing, you should get it. I would like access to more online channels but as i said, the streaming function is great.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-22-12 07:11 AM
93 1234