Another android port. Not interested. Where are all the freaking native apps?
    So it's automatically no good because it's an Android port? Suit yourself. But you don't get to complain about there not be native apps when there are perfectly functional Android ports in the App World. Many of the apps I use on a daily basis are Android ports. They are functional, and far better than any native alternative. In future, please keep posts like this to yourself instead of cluttering threads about specific apps with your nonsense.
    11-20-12 11:09 AM
    So it's automatically no good because it's an Android port? Suit yourself. But you don't get to complain about there not be native apps when there are perfectly functional Android ports in the App World. Many of the apps I use on a daily basis are Android ports. They are functional, and far better than any native alternative. In future, please keep posts like this to yourself instead of cluttering threads about specific apps with your nonsense.
    That's just his/her opinion. Don't take it personal! We are many people around here with all the characteristics of different human beings. If we reacted to everything we don't like to hear, we'd be busy with a full time job every day!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-12 11:19 AM
    Need a trial version to try this out....
    Yeah even a 3 day trial would be nice. But all in all its still a cheap solution so I might just go for it.
    11-20-12 11:35 AM
    No its a perfectly valid opinion. We need to get proper specific Playbook apps if the Playbook is to make any headway in this market.

Its not going to win through as a valid alternative if all we get is android hand-me-downs.
    11-20-12 01:40 PM
    Uh, yeah, you will. There is a screenshot in the first post, showing the app in the App World.
    In App World, yes. In App Store, no.
    11-20-12 01:44 PM
    Paid for an installed.

I picked some channels including NetFlix.

The icon appeared and I watched a clip on my PB.

I shut it down on the PB. When I restarted it NetFlix was gone.
    Rebooted both the laptop and the PB, re-added Netflix and still not showing
    the icon.

Any thoughts?

Also when you go to shut it down on the PB the Droid window gets small but the App does not shut down.
    Seems to try connecting to the media server instead of shutting down.

Any thoughts why NetFlix is doing this? (in the USA)

Thanks,

Tim

Update. I attempted to delete all channels, all deleted fine but ITunes. When I do to delete is it says:

"there was a problem uninstalling Itunes"

I can see NetFlix on the laptop via the media server, but when I use the "remote" function on the
    PB it does not show it.

Write now I think this thing is waste of money and time.
    Last edited by trsbbs; 11-20-12 at 02:18 PM.
    11-20-12 01:54 PM
    If you want to get a feel for the app, install the server and client on your PC. If you have a Roku, you can install the channel on there as well. You don't really need to test drive the app on the PB to get a good feel for what its all about. BTW.... I suspect the Netflix channel will only work with a U.S. account so Canada and U.K. will be out of luck. If anyone proves that wrong, please let us know. If I get a chance I will try it tonight.
    11-20-12 01:57 PM
    Downloaded this today from app world. Extremely limited in what I, living in Ireland, can get through it (youtube). Hopefully, there's more to come but so far I'm annoyed I spent the money.
    axllebeer likes this.
    11-20-12 02:51 PM
    Ok, uninstalled on both the laptop and the PB. Reinstalled. NetFlix came back.

After running it on both high bandwidth (1.5) and a lower bandwidth (340) it still displays
    a slightly jerky video and sometimes pops and clicks in the sound.

Good start, but not fully ready for prime time or usage as a main entertainment feed.

Will see if they improve on it. But being a Droid app on a PB I do not hold out much hope
    for it.

Native is still the way to go.

Tim
    11-20-12 02:54 PM
    I have downloaded both the PC software as well as the playbook application and Netflix works on neither. What gives?
    11-20-12 03:49 PM
    Yes it can play local media on the network.

You can also create a MyPlex account and use BlackBerry Bridge and access your content over 3G or Wifi Remotely on your PlayBook now tell me of another app out there for the PlayBook that can do that

Check it out I promise you wont be disappointed.
    doesn't orb does this through the browser and trough the app I believe its free, haven tried this but I heard playon works too not sure though, so yeah there are other apps as far as this one goes if you need your pc on its pretty much the same thing
    11-20-12 03:59 PM
    I got both installed as well, the only thing that doesn't work is the Apple Trailers plug in. It installs but won't stream any trailers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-20-12 04:34 PM
    I'm watching all these comments, and I feel like everyone's getting this all wrong. I saw one commenter even say that Plex is PlayOn spelled funny...

The fact is Plex is a whole different animal, and for everyone to just focus on "Can I play Netflix??" is missing the point.

Plex is a whole system of organizing and centralizing your media... Movies, TV Shows, Music, etc.... and having those files

1) Organized neatly in an attractive package with Posters, art, plot summaries, actors, etc etc all auto downloaded for you
    2) Accessible from Multiple platforms, either iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablets, and now Playbook, PC (as in your computer at work through a web browser), or PC as in your HTPC hooked up to your big screen tv, also through multiple set top boxes, like the Roku and GoogleTV, and it also does DLNA so it brings the media to PS3, xbox360, and various other devices as well... oh and it Transcodes media on the fly to allow it to play on Said device if that device doesn't natively support your device
    3) Resume playing from where you left off, across platforms, so youre watching on the iPhone on the way home from work (on the bus, not driving) and then you resume it on the big screen when you get home.
    4) the PlexIT feature so you can queue up videos on youtube or vimeo and have them available and queued up any of your devices
    5) the ability to share your Server with other Plex users so you can share eachothers content
    6) and... oh... also... Channels... on top of it.. many of these channels are user developed and maintained. So, some of them may not be working right.. if you dont see something you want... make it.
    afaik netflix and hulu as channels work on Plex... but Plex isn't JUST a way of getting netflix on your playbook
    11-20-12 05:13 PM
    ^ This!

I downloaded the app yesterday and I am not as bothered as some of the posters here that it is an Android port. Sure, I prefer to have a Native version as it would provide the best user experience but having an Android port is better than nothing. For an Android port, it works well. I don't care too much about the Netflix functionality because I just needed something that handled MKV and AVI file formats and I can conclude that this does it well. The fact that it has a built-in scraper that organizes your media files and generates metadata for them is a huge bonus. Now all of my content is nicely organized. I've thrown large files onto the Plex Server and it is able to stream them on my home network without any issues. I hope enough users download this version of the app such that it convinces the folks over at Plex to do a native version. For those wondering if this is better than Subsonic...it is miles ahead of Subsonic!
    11-20-12 06:46 PM
    i am fully aware that this is more than a " JUST a way of getting netflix on your playbook". My local media streams just fine...as does Hulu and the other channels that I looked at. NETFLIX will not FUNCTION on neither the PC or Playbook...Again, what gives.
    11-20-12 07:03 PM
    Supported the developers as suggested with app purchase and server access purchase only to find that Plex is blocking access to my Netflix (US) account and so the saga of Netflix not working on PB continues. Nice recommendation you made there.
    11-20-12 07:57 PM
    How do you load subtitles on this app?

Looks like subtitle support for this version is... poor. Can anybody check?
    11-20-12 08:35 PM
    How do you load subtitles on this app?
    I found that before loading the video file, press the i symbol near the video name/description and it takes you to a page where you can change your audio and subtitles.
    11-20-12 08:38 PM
    Supported the developers as suggested with app purchase and server access purchase only to find that Plex is blocking access to my Netflix (US) account and so the saga of Netflix not working on PB continues. Nice recommendation you made there.
    Server Access purchase? Server's free... Plex is blocking Netflix?
    11-20-12 08:45 PM
    I found that before loading the video file, press the i symbol near the video name/description and it takes you to a page where you can change your audio and subtitles.
    Could you screenshot this?

I don't see any 'i' symbol next to my movies. All I see is a grey circle next to the title.
    11-20-12 09:38 PM
    I myself would love to be able to purchase the app, but I'm still waiting for a fix for error 10000. I realize that this isn't the forum for it, but it sure seems that you guys aren't having any problems getting apps. I think the problem started after the 1088 update. Sorry for posting it here, but its horrible not being able to purchase apps
    11-20-12 10:59 PM
    Screenshot of the "i"

Plex for the BlackBerry PlayBook - ITS OUT!-nz0gi8.jpg

Then you click it

Plex for the BlackBerry PlayBook - ITS OUT!-dv0ra.jpg
    11-21-12 01:04 AM
    Plex isn't blocking your Netflix access.
    How many devices do you have running Netflix?
    11-21-12 04:43 AM
    I can't get Apple Trailers and HD Trailers to stream anything. Anybody else?
    11-21-12 06:48 AM
    Same here. Spinner just spins in the center of the player.
    11-21-12 10:05 AM
93 1234