https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...-of-our-liking
    This is the link for the petition...please head to the link and sign the petition.It wont take much time.1 sign can make a difference...
    dmlis, haricharan, Enyigma and 1 others like this.
    06-29-13 06:22 AM
    please share it with more and more people so that this petition could get approved.......
    06-29-13 06:36 AM
    117 views but only 6 signs? please people sign this petition .,, it wont take much time......
    06-29-13 07:01 AM
    ..............ask a mod to get it stick op.............
    06-29-13 09:15 AM
    useless! i am not a pessimist. but a company which shot itself in the foot, they would never do anything. plus they been teling us lies since dawn till dusk. whats the use? i would sign but again i dont think it will help you get anything.
    having said that? i will sign.
    thanks
    -paul
    kbz1960 and Zodbuster like this.
    06-29-13 09:20 AM
    ^ I Agree with u but we should never run out of options.
    06-29-13 09:24 AM
    Rimberry doesn't give two chits what any playbook owner thinks or wants. I think that is soon to be true about their Z class customers.

Vote with your cash and spend it eleswhere.
    06-29-13 09:28 AM
    I don't think it will make any difference. Thorsten has made it pretty clear that he is not who he presented himself to be and has pretty much given us the finger....
    06-29-13 11:00 AM
    117 views but only 6 signs? please people sign this petition .,, it wont take much time......
    I'm with Thorsten on this. We already know that BB10 needs more resources than PlayBook's 2.1 OS, and even if BB10 was available, my plan was to take a full backup of what's on my PB, so I could easy revert to 2.1 if I found BB10 to be slow, or worse. Apparently, given Heins' comments, my caution would have been warranted, and further, it was enough of a showstopper that BlackBerry scuttled the project. My PlayBook runs just fine, although I wouldn't mind an incremental upgrade, or maybe even a major one to 3.0, where (as someone else suggested) it would be more like "BB10-Lite"...and fully compatible with BB10 phones, including full functionality for BlackBerry Bridge.

I'm still optimistic that BlackBerry has some other ideas that will, as suggested by Heins, make tablets obsolete. And in the meantime, while I wait, I have a spare PlayBook waiting in the wings in case my primary device fails.
    06-29-13 11:16 AM
    This is the link for the petition...please head to the link and sign the petition.It wont take much time.1 sign can make a difference...
    If Blackberry ever unlocks the Playbook, it would be violating DoD requirements for secured platforms and leave Blackberry with a black eye for military comms equipment in the future. Just imagine all those secured devices used by spooks and all getting a free update to wipe out the Playbook and put whatever you want on it including a clone look-alike that is virtually 100% to the PBOS. Hide all the backdoors in there and leak at will to the neighbors wanting to know how much is really going on. Nope, not even a dumb-a$$ executive would say sure what the hell. If you want it to do what you want, it will need to be broken by anybody other than Blackberry.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    06-29-13 01:22 PM
    How do I sign?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-29-13 05:58 PM
    meow I'm a kitty cat
    06-29-13 06:00 PM
    BlackBerry will never do it so this is a waste of effort

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:12 PM
    Signed!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 02:56 AM
    Signed!!!!!!!!!
    07-02-13 01:39 PM
    Just signed the petition but only 91 supporters as of 3:44 pm EST.
    07-02-13 03:45 PM
    If you would kindly tell me if you've done any such drive or humanitarian effort to bring relief to the poor homeless needy underprivileged.
    Took part in any school drives to get books backpacks pencils wintercoats for kids.
    Serve food and give time to a homeless shelter. Or better yet this being a cellphone site ever donate a old used phone BlackBerry or any other brand to a womens domestic abuse cause.
    What about donate old running shoes to Africa.
    Sign up for the many breast cancer/ leukemia or any of the cancers or other deceases petitions to congress that come by email.
    If not you should because it'll be a he'll of a lot more fulfilling and gratifying, and it will actuall help and make a difference in someone's life.
    Asking for this bootloader to be open sourced is a complete waste, there are far too many things you haven't considered that will be affected.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:21 PM
    I have been using my Playbook for more than 2 Years and its a great device.
    Watching movies using kalemsoft, checking mail, browsing the web, recording HD Video, Tweeting with Blaq, Playing games, etc...

No BB10....So What..!
    07-02-13 04:55 PM
    If you would kindly tell me if you've done any such drive or humanitarian effort to bring relief to the poor homeless needy underprivileged.
    (etc.)
    Posted via CB10
    Usual answer when someone tries to get something done. One can do good charitable works and still get involved in influencing technical decisions.

If one followed 93Aero's directives, then we all wasted out money on buying technology when we should have donated the money to a more worthy cause. In the end, it is a silly and specious argument for not getting involved in anything not of interest to the person making the statement.

Petitions start up all the time. Some garner interest and some do not. Some result in influencing a change in direction where nothing else will work and some do not. It is up to those individuals getting involved to decide whether the effort is worth it or not and it is not up to the uninterested or disinterested to dictate to those same individuals what to do.
    07-02-13 05:34 PM
    Usual answer when someone tries to get something done. One can do good charitable works and still get involved in influencing technical decisions.

If one followed 93Aero's directives, then we all wasted out money on buying technology when we should have donated the money to a more worthy cause. In the end, it is a silly and specious argument for not getting involved in anything not of interest to the person making the statement.

Petitions start up all the time. Some garner interest and some do not. Some result in influencing a change in direction where nothing else will work and some do not. It is up to those individuals getting involved to decide whether the effort is worth it or not and it is not up to the uninterested or disinterested to dictate to those same individuals what to do.
    So I take that as a no.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:36 PM
    You have 97 sigs' and need 1400. Imagine if that effort was directed at enriching the lives of others.
    I'm not knocking your petition I just feel it's misdirected when you put yourself in BlackBerry shoes.
    Have you considered what this entails, the trade off being for us to to able to play a few more games have a few more apps and watch more movies in different formats.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:46 PM
    So I take that as a no.

Posted via CB10
    No what? Its none of your business what worthy causes I am involved with.

Participants in this forum don't need a lecture on what should be important to them. If they want to try to influence decision making at BlackBerry, it is their prerogative to do so as it is the prerogative, nay, even duty of any dissatified customer to do. That is the nature of freedom to choose and to act in an open society.
    Last edited by Enyigma; 07-03-13 at 10:26 PM.
    07-02-13 09:09 PM