I have Yahoo Plus (paid) and no matter what I specify in the servers for accounts I cannot see my Yahoo contacts on the PB. I am trying to find out if others with Yahoo Plus are able to see their Yahoo contacts on their PB. I can see (sync) my e-mail and calendar.

IF you CAN or CANNOT please so indicate. Also if you had any special problem that you solved I would appreciate learning about it.

Many thanks.

(Chrysalis1156 was kind enough to indicate to me that his/her yahoo contacts work, but that some may be having a problem. I need to find out how general is that problem and its cause.)
    04-13-12 10:30 AM
    I dont have yahoo plus, just a standard yahoo mail account but I can see my contacts fine. Not sure if this helps.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    04-13-12 11:07 AM
    I dont have yahoo plus, just a standard yahoo mail account but I can see my contacts fine. Not sure if this helps.
    It helps for I want to gather as much info as possible. I know at least one with Plus can see contacts.
    04-13-12 11:13 AM
    Just wanted to chime in and bump this back up. I don't know how much searching you've done but I know there were a couple of threads about this right after OS2 came out and different settings were listed therein. Sure hope you get this figured out as I can imagine how frustrating it must be.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    04-13-12 12:12 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and bump this back up. I don't know how much searching you've done but I know there were a couple of threads about this right after OS2 came out and different settings were listed therein. Sure hope you get this figured out as I can imagine how frustrating it must be.
    I think I searched all the threads and tried ever suggested combo of server address (imap; plus.pop; pop; carddav.address, etc etc). I can always get my email and calendar, but never my contacts. Thanks for the bump and for your concern.

May speak again with RIM, the CS are very nice but often clueless.

Why is EVERY YAHOO picking on me! (old song) :-)
    04-13-12 12:50 PM
    Are you using the CardDav settings?

To add a Yahoo Address book account:

On the Home Screen, click on the Options at the top right of the System Tray
    Click on Accounts
    Click on Add New Account
    Click on Email, Calendar and Contacts
    Click on Advanced Setup
    Scroll down and click on CardDAV
    On the Account Integration screen, the Description field is optional, but can be filled in for clarity.
    Enter the full Yahoo email address in the Username and Email Address fields.
    Enter the password in the Password field. Use the Show Password checkbox to ensure it is correct.
    In the Server Address field, enter carddav.address.yahoo.com
    Sync Interval can be changed with these values : 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, 1 Hour, 2 Hours, 4 Hours, 24 Hours, or Manual. The default is 15 Minutes.
    Click Save to finish.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    04-13-12 01:06 PM
    Yes I am doing just that, but I am in the states and use TMo, but my e-mail is directly to yahoo. I wonder whether this works in Canada but not in the USA??

Thanks for your help. I will try it yet again, but do not hold out much hope.
    04-13-12 01:12 PM
    I've had endless troubles with yahoo and os2. I can tell you that I have used the settings someone posted above and they work some days. Some days I get an error.

I also am asked constantly to verify my password for email. Does anyone else have this issue? It syncs just fine, even if I hit cancel. Or enter the wrong password. But about once an hour that stupid window pops up. I have 5 other email accounts and none do this. Just yahoo.
    04-13-12 01:35 PM
    RIM is now working on this problem together with a few reports of the same, it is being taken "upstairs."
    04-13-12 03:10 PM
    same problem with me. I was never on os1, but on os2, i have never gotten yahoo contacts to work. previously, after setting up the yahoo account, i would get the error "failed testing with current settings". but now the account gets added, but i just don't see any contacts listed in my pb. i tried using the standard method & the above mentioned carddav method. I even read a thread about the password needing to not have any special characters. i tried that...still nothing. luckily for me, i use my exchange address book, so it isn't as big of a deal, but it would be nice to have my yahoo contacts working.

i hope rim is working on it. i was holding out hope that today's update would fix, but it didn't for me.
    04-17-12 02:24 PM
    same problem with me. I was never on os1, but on os2, i have never gotten yahoo contacts to work. previously, after setting up the yahoo account, i would get the error "failed testing with current settings". but now the account gets added, but i just don't see any contacts listed in my pb. i tried using the standard method & the above mentioned carddav method. I even read a thread about the password needing to not have any special characters. i tried that...still nothing. luckily for me, i use my exchange address book, so it isn't as big of a deal, but it would be nice to have my yahoo contacts working.

i hope rim is working on it. i was holding out hope that today's update would fix, but it didn't for me.
    Just received from RIM:

"Thank you for the update on your case. I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing difficulties with your contact sync.

To start, I'd like to advise that we have launched PlayBook OS 2.0.1 today, which includes many updates to the existing software. If you have not yet performed this update (or it is not visible on your tablet), in the next 24 hours you should see it come available. I would suggest performing the update and see if the issue with the Yahoo Contact sync changes.

If it does not, we will need an additional set of logs from your tablet (as you have provided during your last contact with support). To review the steps to gather the logs, please visit the following link:

Title: How to obtain logs from the BlackBerry PlayBook
    Link: KB26038-How to obtain logs from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

From there we can provide the best course of action. At this time, we are currently investigating issues syncing contacts from Yahoo accounts."
    04-17-12 02:29 PM
    k...if you want i can get my logs for your BB support incident. i have two pb's and they both behave the same.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    04-17-12 02:55 PM
    k...if you want i can get my logs for your BB support incident. i have two pb's and they both behave the same.
    No need to send your logs (yet). Have you upgraded to 2.0.1? They *think* it might help. I doubt it for they did not seem aware of the issue when working on this, but who knows, maybe it will help. Let me know re the upgrade and the contacts. I have not been able to upgrade and cannot for a while yet.
    04-17-12 03:21 PM
    i have upgraded one pb...and am in the process of upgrading the other. the first one, i had no luck with yahoo contacts. i am not holding out much hope in this update, at least not to fix this problem. I'll let u know tho.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    04-17-12 03:40 PM
    i have upgraded one pb...and am in the process of upgrading the other. the first one, i had no luck with yahoo contacts. i am not holding out much hope in this update, at least not to fix this problem. I'll let u know tho.
    Thanks. I will let you know as well, but it will be a while.
    04-17-12 03:41 PM
    fyi...no luck on either of my pb's. i deleted my yahoo accounts and added them back on both pb's...same as before...calendar and email work, but not contacts. i did notice tho that i did not have to use the "special" or advanced method when adding. i just input the email address, and it populated the settings just as it did when having to input them manually.

a while back, i opened up an incident with yahoo, but they kinda blew me off i guess. i had noticed that when i entered carddav.address.yahoo.com in a browser it would take you to the yahoo calendar. now when i input the same url in the browser i get a http browser error. i will check back with yahoo and see if they respond to me.
    04-17-12 04:27 PM
    fyi...no luck on either of my pb's. i deleted my yahoo accounts and added them back on both pb's...same as before...calendar and email work, but not contacts. i did notice tho that i did not have to use the "special" or advanced method when adding. i just input the email address, and it populated the settings just as it did when having to input them manually.

a while back, i opened up an incident with yahoo, but they kinda blew me off i guess. i had noticed that when i entered carddav.address.yahoo.com in a browser it would take you to the yahoo calendar. now when i input the same url in the browser i get a http browser error. i will check back with yahoo and see if they respond to me.
    Thanks for the update. I sent your post on to my "contact" at RIM, but not sure they will really work on it. I will keep you posted. If you open a ticket with them, they should ask for your logs if they are doing anything.
    04-17-12 04:32 PM
    Latest message from RIM, don't hold your breath for Yahoo to act:

"...in regards to the reported issue with Yahoo contact sync on your PlayBook tablet.

At this time, we have discovered the root cause of this issue. After performing investigation with Yahoo, it was determined that the issue lies within their server environment. Yahoo has reported that they are currently working on resolving this behavior, and we are awaiting an update from them on this issue. There is currently no estimated time to resolution.

BlackBerry Technical Support has logged this issue with our development team to be monitored. As this issue lies within Yahoo's server, we will be ending troubleshooting on this issue."
    04-29-12 09:35 AM
    If you insist I will reply. I cannot see any Yahoo contacts, of course I don't have a Yahoo account so that could be the reason.
    04-29-12 02:31 PM
    If you insist I will reply. I cannot see any Yahoo contacts, of course I don't have a Yahoo account so that could be the reason.
    Yet yahoo seems to fit you so well. ;-)
    04-30-12 02:19 AM
    I have been having problems with Yahoo mail and contacts on both my PlayBook (OS 2.01) and iMac. Seems it is more a Yahoo issue than hardware but it is good that RIM is working on it.
    04-30-12 07:10 AM
    All these posts seem long ago - is this resolved? What is the answer? My yahoo contacts were fine on my Playbook UNTIL I updated my OS to 2.0.1 - now they are gone & I can't get them back! Are there any suggestions around what can be done to fix this issue? I have tried the carddav thing ..... I am in Australia - this does not work. HELP!!!!! pretty please
    10-19-12 07:54 PM
    yahoo I think has a block or something... I know recently hotmail banned anyone from cc: to a hot mail addess... which cause big issed with some of us whonuse godaddy for domain and emaill names... but yes... you are not crazy, as I have 2 yahoos accounts, one ymail one yahoo.. both dling the same
    10-19-12 08:11 PM
    All these posts seem long ago - is this resolved? What is the answer? My yahoo contacts were fine on my Playbook UNTIL I updated my OS to 2.0.1 - now they are gone & I can't get them back! Are there any suggestions around what can be done to fix this issue? I have tried the carddav thing ..... I am in Australia - this does not work. HELP!!!!! pretty please
    I feel your pain all the way from down under! My Y contacts stopped syncing when I upgraded to 2.1. Same for many from these posts. I finally gave up and deleted the Y contact account. Then I rxported my 4K (yes 4,000) contacts from Lotus Notes into a vCard file. I then imported that file into an unused gmail account and installed that account on the PB just for contacts not email. All the contacts syned and stay in sync.

I have not heard that the Y contact problem has been fixed but hope some good block will so post when it is.
    10-19-12 08:48 PM
    well if u haven't heard... yahoo will NOT be using blackberrys for there company's phone. I dunno I heard that from the girls gone gadgets podcast I believe. lol just ironic..
    10-19-12 10:42 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD