I hope RIM (Blackberry) make a new Playbook Phone.

I love Playbook. I always carry 7" Playbook whenever I go.
    I don't have the smartphone yet. I really don't need it as long as I have Playbook.
    7" is better than 3-4" smartphones, easy to read books and web surfing.

However if Playbook has the smartphone function, I will pay extra dollars for it.
    I want the separate RECEIVER for the calling and the receiving phone.
    Because I don't want to directly speak into the Playbook when I am moving.

I don't want the tethering, because some phone carriers don't have the tethering service.
    So the Playbook should be the phone itself, receiver is only the extension.

Playbook Phone can add an extra function to the receiver.
    It will be nice if the receiver can be used as the keyboard for the Playbook when it opens.

So I idea is the Playbook Phone has Playbook and the Receiver together as one unit.
    The receiver is slim and long and easy to take out from bag or pocket.
    It also can be converted into a keyboard for the Playbook.

What do you think about this idea?
    01-31-13 10:32 AM
    I hope RIM (Blackberry) make a new Playbook Phone.

I love Playbook. I always carry 7" Playbook whenever I go.
    I don't have the smartphone yet. I really don't need it as long as I have Playbook.
    7" is better than 3-4" smartphones, easy to read books and web surfing.

However if Playbook has the smartphone function, I will pay extra dollars for it.
    I want the separate RECEIVER for the calling and the receiving phone.
    Because I don't want to directly speak into the Playbook when I am moving.

I don't want the tethering, because some phone carriers don't have the tethering service.
    So the Playbook should be the phone itself, receiver is only the extension.

Playbook Phone can add an extra function to the receiver.
    It will be nice if the receiver can be used as the keyboard for the Playbook when it opens.

So I idea is the Playbook Phone has Playbook and the Receiver together as one unit.
    The receiver is slim and long and easy to take out from bag or pocket.
    It also can be converted into a keyboard for the Playbook.

What do you think about this idea?
    WOW that will send RIM over the edge!

However, buy a bb phone, connect through wifi hotspot to your pb not bluetooth. Buy a decent bluetooth headset, connect to your phone and your pb at the same time and violla your in heaven.

When your phone rings you answer it through your headset, whatever your doing on your playbook, listening to music, surfing the net, watching a video or using the satnav on your pb.

How goods that then?
    01-31-13 10:43 AM
    My telephone carrier does not have BB phone listed yet.
    And I still want to stick into my telephone company for next few years for some reasons.
    I hope BB will release Playbook Phone within next few years.
    I just want to write my wishes, hoping BB developers pay attention to my idea.

I sometimes use coffee shop hotspots for free wifi. So I can use internet.
    01-31-13 10:55 AM
    Well, there is this so-called "Comwave ePhone" application available in AppWorld that supposedly will make our PlayBook function like a phone i.e. make and receive calls... it's probably worth a try than whisful thinking... afterall, it is free...
    swanibs likes this.
    01-31-13 11:05 AM
    Isn't there ways to Hack/add-on to a iTouch into an iPhone? I'm sure the same principles can be applied and something can be fashioned.

Sometimes necessity drive innovation and invention. Just that in this case the necessity is yours OP so you may have to start inventing.

(Hint: Kickstarter)
    01-31-13 11:05 AM
    Thanks for your info, I will check "Comwave ePhone" later.
    Free is always nice.
    01-31-13 11:25 AM
    Regarding "Hack/add-on to a iTouch into an iPhone", I have no idea....
    Thanks for your information.
    01-31-13 11:26 AM
    I use comwave ephone awesome app over wifi and can be used over mobile devices if u have a sim and plan, but wifi is best.
    01-31-13 11:28 AM
    I use Comwave also. Probably the most useful free app out there. If they can update this baby to open the app when someone is calling you- that would be golden and alot of people would probably pay a decent price for that app.
    I should get a blue tooth for this as I get complaints of echo when I call from it. I used the headphones when making calls so the noise from the speakers aren't the cause of the echo and that seems to help.
    01-31-13 01:43 PM
    I use Comwave also. Probably the most useful free app out there. If they can update this baby to open the app when someone is calling you- that would be golden and alot of people would probably pay a decent price for that app.
    I should get a blue tooth for this as I get complaints of echo when I call from it. I used the headphones when making calls so the noise from the speakers aren't the cause of the echo and that seems to help.
    Hi, I downloaded comwave app and trying to register now.
    It asks my e-mail address, create my user name, country, and mobile phone. <---???
    Is this mobile phone means my current mobile phone I have now?
    That means I will receive calls to my cell phone once I registered to through Playbook?
    I have no idea how it works. I appreciate if you can explain how it works.
    I checked the comwave wiki but it does not explain much about this app.
    01-31-13 03:57 PM
    Hi, I downloaded comwave app and trying to register now.
    It asks my e-mail address, create my user name, country, and mobile phone. <---???
    Is this mobile phone means my current mobile phone I have now?
    That means I will receive calls to my cell phone once I registered to through Playbook?
    I have no idea how it works. I appreciate if you can explain how it works.
    I checked the comwave wiki but it does not explain much about this app.
    Yes put your mobile you have now and No you won't recieve any calls to u mobile number as u get a free number from ephone, now make sure you pick a number in u area or close to it. They require mobile number just for verification and yeah if u tried over mobile data plan, but like i said before........
    Remember ephone is best over Wifi usage just like any voip service and the better the internet the better voip is.

I had to pick a city number 3hrs from me cause my city not listed so when i have to dial out i have to dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx so dial 1 see its over voip u internet no cost to u except u internet bill, don't go over your data usage if u have a limited internet plan.
    02-01-13 08:05 AM