I have a BB Playbook, just bought it yesterday. went to set it up with my computer which is running Vista Home Premium. The pc recognizes that the BB is connected via USB but i can't see the mass storage device in my Computer as a drive and the BB Desktop Software program also says there is a problem ocnnecting to the playbook even though if i click on the device summary of the playbook it knows my pin and everything including it's software version. The Blackberry Device manager also sees that my device is plugged into my USB port. The Playbook's screen still says it is Connected to Computer. Yet when it comes down to transferring any files i cannot because it won't completely become aware of the playbook's connection. i've tried a bunch of things to correct it in my limited knowlege of computers. i was even on the phone with blackberry for 2 hours and they couldn't figure out why it was partially recognized, so after trying it with a new macbook pro and it still not work they figured to get a replacement playbook, which i did, and the new one is doing the same thing.

HAHA, any ideas? i've gotten all the updates to where they say it's all up to date. All i wanted to do was watch movies on it. Simple

Super Confused and Frustrated!

Please Help!
    12-30-11 05:33 PM
    turn wifi on playbook off
    reboot playbook
    connect and run Desktop Manager
    12-30-11 05:49 PM
    The Device Manager and the Blackberry Desk Top Software are two different things.
    12-30-11 05:51 PM
    Works with my Windows 7 pc. Have you tried different USB ports on the PC, or maybe a different PC? On the Playbook, have you gone to Settings/Storage and Sharing and selected a Windows USB connection? Have you turned File Sharing on?
    12-30-11 05:58 PM
    turn wifi on playbook off
    reboot playbook
    connect and run Desktop Manager
    i'm gonna try this, might sound dumb but i'm not sure what desktop manager is....
    12-30-11 05:59 PM
    Works with my Windows 7 pc. Have you tried different USB ports on the PC, or maybe a different PC? On the Playbook, have you gone to Settings/Storage and Sharing and selected a Windows USB connection? Have you turned File Sharing on?
    yeah my laptop has two non working usb ports it's a couple years old... i've only tried it on my gf's macbook pro which is pretty new. i think the bb guys on the phone got me to set the storage and sharing options a couple times but it didn't seem to fix the problem... and file sharing, but im checking those again and again...
    12-30-11 06:05 PM
    In my bb device manager properties, under volumes it says "Internal - volume not mounted"
    12-30-11 06:11 PM
    i'm gonna try this, might sound dumb but i'm not sure what desktop manager is....
    Desktop Manager is an application you install onto your desktop/laptop computer. It facilitates syncing files and Calendar/Contact/Notes/Tasks in Outlook via USB between your device and your desktop machine. It can also be used to install device applications and update the OS on your device.

It's a free download through Blackberry.
    Last edited by blackburberry; 12-30-11 at 06:15 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-30-11 06:13 PM
    is it not the same thing as blackberry desktop software?
    12-30-11 06:16 PM
    Yes it is.
    12-30-11 06:18 PM
    No not the same. The Devise Manager shows as an icon in your system tray....

download this to your PC...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-des...ated-v6-1-0-35

Once install and started you can check for more current updates before you hook your PB to it.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-30-11 at 06:21 PM.
    12-30-11 06:19 PM
    the only thing that sounds like that that i can see there is Web Desktop Manager
    12-30-11 06:20 PM
    that download link brings me straight to the "Desktop Software" page
    12-30-11 06:22 PM
    Sorry I thought you were asking about desktop manager
    12-30-11 06:23 PM
    that download link brings me straight to the "Desktop Software" page
    Did you read through it and see you can download it? It will take you to the acutal Blackberry site to download.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-30-11 at 06:26 PM.
    copperoak likes this.
    12-30-11 06:24 PM
    yeah it takes me to desktop software and i redownloaded and installed it and it says it's currently up to date, lol i can't find desktop "manager"
    12-30-11 06:32 PM
    umm I also had this problem the first day I got my PB, it took me an hour to find out how to get desktop manager and my computer to connect, and what I found out is you have to turn off wifi AND bluetooth and then DM will connect to your PB...but this llittle tidbit of information is not written ANYWHERE on the BB website or the DM website! hope this helps you out!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-30-11 06:42 PM
    now my device manager is saying an error occurred mounting bb playbook volumes. this happened with the other playbook i vought yesterday as well
    12-30-11 06:43 PM
    umm I also had this problem the first day I got my PB, it took me an hour to find out how to get desktop manager and my computer to connect, and what I found out is you have to turn off wifi AND bluetooth and then DM will connect to your PB...but this llittle tidbit of information is not written ANYWHERE on the BB website or the DM website! hope this helps you out!
    yeah they've all been turned on ans off again and both playbooks have not connected
    12-30-11 06:44 PM
    http://crackberry.com/leaked-blackbe...ycode-required.

Install this.

If nothing else works, you will have to power off the playbook and connect to desktop software and wait for the pop up. Hit update. Pretty much setting it up from scratch. It should work then. Had a similar issue with a playbook and had to update it for it to be detected by desktop software though the playbook was brand new.
    12-30-11 06:47 PM
    http://crackberry.com/leaked-blackbe...ycode-required.

Install this.

If nothing else works, you will have to power off the playbook and connect to desktop software and wait for the pop up. Hit update. Pretty much setting it up from scratch. It should work then. Had a similar issue with a playbook and had to update it for it to be detected by desktop software though the playbook was brand new.
    Ope! terms and services got rid of that link!!!
    12-30-11 06:50 PM
    Lol, Google for desktop software 7 beta no keycode required. You can use whichever latest one is available too. Thats just the one I'm using.
    12-30-11 06:53 PM
    oh i found it somewhere else!
    12-30-11 06:53 PM
    Let us know if that works out for you. Good luck !!
    12-30-11 06:54 PM
    thanks just finishing installation
    12-30-11 06:59 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD