I am able to access my playbook using the DM but not able to browse my files
    The DM allows me to backup my playbook data but gives no access to music, pictures,etc .....

Please help!!!
    01-26-12 09:24 AM
    Go to Settings->Storage and Sharing and make sure you have file sharing turned On.
    01-26-12 09:46 AM
    ya file sharing is on, bt unable to access my files
    01-26-12 11:09 AM
    I bought my PB in Dec. and had the same exact problem. It would connect to my laptop but not my desktop. I scoured the forums to find a solution and tried everything that was recommended... and never found a solution. No matter what, my desktop would not see the PB as the Z: drive.

The problem resolved itself when I updated the PB OS from 1.6 something to 1.8 something. I have since updated to 2.0 (to utilize A2DP) and have not re-encountered the issue. I don't believe that the OS was the problem (as most did not encounter the issue), but there was just something between it and my PC that didn't get along so well.

You might want to try a wipe/re-install to see if that helps. I wish I could provide more help, but I did have the same issue and it ultimately was resolved with the upgrade.
    01-26-12 11:20 AM
    @marcho11 :

I was able access my files last week. I hv no idea y the drive is not showing up now
    01-27-12 06:40 AM
    Go to app world. Download the free trial of Files & Folders. You will love it. You will be able to see/access files on your PB and on your BB phone.
    01-27-12 06:59 AM
    @bisboxer:

But how do i transfer files from my laptop??
    01-27-12 07:07 AM
    There are two ways to transfer files, WIFI and USB.
    WIFI
    If you have a home network you can;
    Click on the Gear, Storage & Sharing, and enable WI-FI sharing...you should set a password!
    Then go to About, View network information...your ip address of the playbook will be listed,
    From your PC you can click on run and type in the IP address "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    You will be asked for you IP address and likely the name (default is playbook)

USB
    Click on the Gear, Storage & Sharing and enable FILE Sharing
    Download the Blackberry device manager from RIM and install
    Plug in your playbook, if a password is set enter your password and the playbook will have a drive letter mapped.

Hope this helps
    01-27-12 08:27 AM
    Mine did this the other day when connected via USB. Turning the wi-fi off cured it.
    01-27-12 08:50 AM
    Re-start both Windows and your PB. Doc Neutron
    01-27-12 09:51 AM
    If you enabled developer mode to sideload Android apps ... well ... disable it once you've finished. Appears that the IP used in developer mode may conflict with the IP registered in the Blackberry DEVICE manager (the grey icon in the lower right taskbar if you're running Windows). You may also have to reboot both PB and PC.
    Hope it helps.
    01-27-12 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD