My PlayBook doesn't seem to want to talk to my dell laptop. It sees and shows the PlayBook on desktop manager but when I hit any of the media keys it tell me that there is a communication problem I can't upload or download anything from my BlackBerry or my computer. Any suggestions. I have never had any problems before. Seems to have decided all of a sudden they are not on speaking terms.
    Regards Skiwet
    03-31-13 02:53 AM
    You can use BDM 7.0 or 6.0 - I think ok
    03-31-13 02:57 AM
    Have you rebooted or restarted both systems?

You can try UNinstalling and reinstalling the Desktop software. Did you install any other software recently that might have affected it?
    03-31-13 08:40 AM
    I have tried the uninstall and reinstall to no avail. I have also tried my wife's PB and it does the same thing so it must be in my computer somewhere. Have also tried a different cable. Can't think of any new programs except the usual updates
    03-31-13 02:34 PM
    why do you need a cable,
    03-31-13 03:04 PM
    You can try turning firewall off, sometimes this can stop it
    03-31-13 05:18 PM
    I have tried the uninstall and reinstall to no avail. I have also tried my wife's PB and it does the same thing so it must be in my computer somewhere. Have also tried a different cable. Can't think of any new programs except the usual updates
    I too am having this same problem with my playbook conmmunicating with my dell laptop. I can't add music or pictures or anything. I can do a backup but that's all. My security system is Kaspersky and I am using Windows XP (I know it well and refuse to change to any other platform until I hear that it is working smoothly). Is it possibly a microsoft issue and is there a fix? Any one please help!
    04-01-13 10:19 AM
    I too am having this same problem with my playbook conmmunicating with my dell laptop. I can't add music or pictures or anything. I can do a backup but that's all. My security system is Kaspersky and I am using Windows XP (I know it well and refuse to change to any other platform until I hear that it is working smoothly). Is it possibly a microsoft issue and is there a fix? Any one please help!
    Can't you just drag and drop? Don't know about your xp comments. 7 is better than xp.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-01-13 10:38 AM
    You can backup, so that the cable and "link" between computer and pb works to some extent. What happens when you try copying/moving stuff?

Have you tried Wifi sharing?
    04-01-13 11:27 AM
    Thanks for your response. I can't remember if the playbook even registers when I open my computer. I'll have to check it out. As to wifi sharing I set it up but I may have screwed it up somehow. I think what I may have to do is uninstall everything and start all over. It is so frustrating when you do something wrong and you can't figure out how to fix it.
    04-01-13 05:54 PM
    Thanks for your response. I can't remember if the playbook even registers when I open my computer. I'll have to check it out. As to wifi sharing I set it up but I may have screwed it up somehow. I think what I may have to do is uninstall everything and start all over. It is so frustrating when you do something wrong and you can't figure out how to fix it.
    hey this happened to me a couple times open device manager and uninstall tje playbook drivers and reinstall them works like a charm
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-01-13 06:25 PM
    I am having the same problem right now. Any solution yet?
    01-16-14 06:58 AM
    hey this happened to me a couple times open device manager and uninstall tje playbook drivers and reinstall them works like a charm

That , and also, you might try to plug into a different usb port, that way the pc will reload the drivers as this has a different buss address.

Also, make sure you are using the Data Cable that came with the PB, not all micro usb cables are the same, some are just charging cables and you can/may have issues.

Should be finer and happy with XP (got service pack 3?) Win 7 Home/Pro.
    c
    01-16-14 09:12 AM