hi guys. ı bought a playbook three days ago. when ı turned it on for the first time, ı made my settings and use it for two days. ı thought that when the charge will be %1; I will pludge it to the power and will see how long does it take to charge from %0 to %100. now I can not open my playbook. I have read something about not having enough power to boot on this forum. what should I do ?

Thanks
    07-29-12 06:34 AM
    07-29-12 07:20 AM
    That thread and others like it should help.

But this is an example of where Rim definitely did something wrong with their charging circuits. The darn pb should not be so hard to recharge if someone accidentally reduces the battery to ZERO. With that said, it does not always create this issue. As part of a test for rim (I had standby issues), I had to deplete the battery till it turned off, fully recharge and do it again and I had no trouble recharging. But, then again, I was around and caught it quickly when it did turn off automatically. Whereas I guess if it hits "zero" and keeps discharging this is where the problems occur.

Good luck.

Report back as there are other links if it does not fix it for you:

And

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    bungaboy and wolchald like this.
    07-29-12 09:55 AM
    If you bought it new send it back if you bought refurbished get your money back and buy new. RIM has good quality control so most new PlayBooks are perfect.
    wolchald and wolchald like this.
    07-29-12 07:26 PM
    Firstly thanks for your help. I can not see any red or green light today. red light means it is charging for 10-15 sec. So what should I do now. Should I still plug and unplug it ?
    07-30-12 02:23 AM
    haha so you completely ignored the battery low warning? You could have charged your PlayBook from 10% to 100% and then did some basic math to calculate time for the rest 10%. Sheeesh
    wolchald likes this.
    07-30-12 02:29 AM
    Firstly thanks for your help. I can not see any red or green light today. red light means it is charging for 10-15 sec. So what should I do now. Should I still plug and unplug it ?
    Since it's a new PlayBook.. Just hook it to a computer via USB and run BlackBerry Desktop Manager.. You will get a brief notice pop-up which says Update, Repair, Third option.. Just hit the Update button quick.. Wait for a few hours for the process to get completed and your PlayBook will be running again.

You will lose all your data and will have to start with the setup again.

Have fun. And take it seriously next time when a device tells you that the batteries are running low.
    wolchald likes this.
    07-30-12 02:31 AM
    Since it's a new PlayBook.. Just hook it to a computer via USB and run BlackBerry Desktop Manager.. You will get a brief notice pop-up which says Update, Repair, Third option.. Just hit the Update button quick.. Wait for a few hours for the process to get completed and your PlayBook will be running again.

You will lose all your data and will have to start with the setup again.

Have fun. And take it seriously next time when a device tells you that the batteries are running low.
    I opened blackberry device manager there are three options in the device manager but ı did not take a pop up ? they are connected devices, options and about
    07-30-12 02:36 AM
    Start Desktop Manager (not device manager) - Again, DESKTOP MANAGER. If you want a solution to your problem. You will have to read the instructions correctly.

Start Desktop Manager on your computer.

Win7 > Start Button > In Search box > Type BlackBerry Desktop Software > Run that.

Once that's running > Connect your PlayBook via the USB cable. The desktop Manager will detect your device and give you the option to Repair or Update. Select Update.
    wolchald likes this.
    07-30-12 02:51 AM
    ok. I realise that I do not have that software. I downloaded it and now setting up. After I try your solution I will back-report to you. thanks alot
    07-30-12 03:01 AM
    Start Desktop Manager (not device manager) - Again, DESKTOP MANAGER. If you want a solution to your problem. You will have to read the instructions correctly.

Start Desktop Manager on your computer.

Win7 > Start Button > In Search box > Type BlackBerry Desktop Software > Run that.

Once that's running > Connect your PlayBook via the USB cable. The desktop Manager will detect your device and give you the option to Repair or Update. Select Update.
    ok. I tried your solution. but there is a little problem for connection between my laptop and PB. And also after I connect via USB port, there is no red or green light on PB. what should I do now ? by the way yesterday when ı connect the PB to usb the red light turn on for 14 sec. I plugged the PB to the wall charger for whole night and now I can not take red light when I pludge. Is it something with a whole night wall charging ?
    07-30-12 03:32 AM
    You do not need to do anything on the PlayBook.

Just connect PlayBook to computer with USB cable. Start Desktop Manager and you will notice UPDATE box on computer screen. Click Update.

Do not worry about PlayBook. Keep your eyes on DESKTOP MANAGER>
    07-30-12 04:18 AM
    I got it. I pludged PB. and waiting for desktop manager to notice the device.
    07-30-12 04:22 AM
    You do not need to do anything on the PlayBook.

Just connect PlayBook to computer with USB cable. Start Desktop Manager and you will notice UPDATE box on computer screen. Click Update.

Do not worry about PlayBook. Keep your eyes on DESKTOP MANAGER>
    Still there is no pop up or something in the screen. desktop manager is open but detected no device
    07-30-12 04:44 AM
    unplug the playbook and plug it again.
    07-30-12 04:48 AM
    unplug the playbook and plug it again.
    Ok. I did this. And I will do it again and again. right ?
    07-30-12 04:53 AM
    I pludge and unpludge but again there is nothing with the process
    07-30-12 05:24 AM
    I'm trying to help you here.. but it's not working out.

The steps are simple.

1. Download Desktop Manager - BlackBerry - Desktop Software - US
    2. Install it.
    3. Start Desktop Manager
    4. After Desktop Manager has started, Attach USB cable to PlayBook.
    5. Wait for Desktop Manager to show a new screen with following option 'Update' & 'Repair'
    6. Select Update option.
    7. Wait for process to get completed.
    8. Your problem should be resolved.

Please follow the process correctly and report your results here.

*IMP - Do not attach PlayBook to computer before Step 4. Do not unplug the PlayBook. Do not press any key on PlayBook.

Do the entire process Slowly. It can take upto 5 minutes for PlayBook to be detected by the computer.

DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS.
    07-30-12 08:41 AM
    Um, his PlayBook is clearly not being detected by Desktop Manager at all and completely ignoring the PlayBook regardless of the power state using your instructions.

I don't see why you keep providing him with the same instructions (and being condescending at the same time) when he clearly has said several times that DM will not detect the PB over USB and its your advice leading him in circles - not the other way around...

At this point, if I were the OP, I would:

Open Device Manager (regardless of what this person helping is saying) as well as Desktop Manager. Place them side-by-side.

Plug in the PB via the PB's USB cable (not your phones) from the Back of your PC or a different USB port.

You should see Device Manager flash and refresh (device change).

And Desktop Manager should give you a message detecting the PB.

If it does not, while connected, try holding the power button down for 10 seconds and see if any change occurs. Let us know if it was detected at all.

Edit* you can also leave it plugged in to the PC for a while, grab a coffee, come back, see if it has popped up. But the info above works for me everytime with a PB in that state.
    Last edited by KermEd; 07-30-12 at 08:52 AM.
    07-30-12 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD