So today i got a playbook for christmas.
    Basically I just want to ask some basic questions I hope you guys can help me with with.
    First of all, I tried connecting it to my PC, and I only had 3 options in the blackberry (f):
    file or whatever it is. So i ran the setup, and restarted my computor, now the computor won't acknowledge the device at all.
    I just want to drag and drop some movies onto the devices that are currently on my computor.
    Secondly I was just wondering if there are any sharing sites for blackberry apps such as 4shared.com where u can just search and download straight from your device?

Thanks in advance!
    12-25-11 05:51 PM
    So today i got a playbook for christmas.
    Basically I just want to ask some basic questions I hope you guys can help me with with.
    First of all, I tried connecting it to my PC, and I only had 3 options in the blackberry (f):
    file or whatever it is. So i ran the setup, and restarted my computor, now the computor won't acknowledge the device at all.
    I just want to drag and drop some movies onto the devices that are currently on my computor.
    Secondly I was just wondering if there are any sharing sites for blackberry apps such as 4shared.com where u can just search and download straight from your device?

Thanks in advance!
    First thing I would suggest is that you call BB technical support at 1-877-644-8410 and register your device. Be ready to give them your serial number which you will find by pulling up the settings screen (by touching the gear icon in the upper right hand of the screen) and going to About. Now you have 90 days of free technical support and you can ask them to help you with this problem.
    12-25-11 06:06 PM
    Sorry you're having problems. First we need some specifics. Do you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on your PC?
    12-25-11 06:11 PM
    You need the blackberry desktop software installed and then the Playbook will show up as a network drive Z. The Playbook doesn't work like a usb drive. The F you saw is a small partition used to load drivers for the pc.
    barskin likes this.
    I've had a problem with connecting to the computer before, but after I put developer mode on in Settings>Security>Developer Mode it worked like a charm
    You need the blackberry desktop software installed and then the Playbook will show up as a network drive Z. The Playbook doesn't work like a usb drive. The F you saw is a small partition used to load drivers for the pc.
    Aha! I do have Desktop Software on my desktop and laptop, and of course they both show my PB on drive Z when I connect them. Now I know why.
    12-25-11 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD