Recently after many years I switched from blackberry to iphone and I was certain that I would lose bridge functionality on my playbook. But today while reading about the bridge I discovered even though the cellular connection is now off on the blackberry; the bridge still works in terms of remote control of the playbook and being able to type on the playbook screen with the qwerty tablet. Ostensibly this is because the bridge communicates over the blue tooth connection; that it still worked was a pleasant surprise. So I can still use the presenter mode from my playbook while using the deactivated cellular phone as the remote.
    06-26-12 09:07 AM
    Glad it still works. But I remember you from yesterday, and I know for a fact this thread is bound to turn mighty ********.
    06-26-12 09:11 AM
    You'll also be pleasantly surprised by how well the iPhone functions as a paper weight
    06-26-12 09:46 AM
    Now you can use wifi hotspot for faster on the go Internet.
    06-26-12 09:49 AM
    From what you wrote on your thread 6/25, I am also pleasant surprise that you had some change of heart after just 1 day. Just think how pleasant surprise you will be when BB10 comes out or how pleasant surprise you will be when your personal opinion (6/25 thread) turns out to be wrong.
    06-27-12 08:18 AM
    Why did you think Remote Control wouldn't work? Did you think those features were linked to a BB with service enabled?
    06-27-12 08:23 AM
    Why did you think Remote Control wouldn't work? Did you think those features were linked to a BB with service enabled?
    That's what I have always thought. Are you saying I do not need a BB phone to enable the remote function? I do not have an iphone either...rather a Nokia.
    06-27-12 09:39 AM
    That's what I have always thought. Are you saying I do not need a BB phone to enable the remote function? I do not have an iphone either...rather a Nokia.
    You can use any recent BB model with the application installed. It does not need to be activated on a carrier.
    06-27-12 09:42 AM
    You'll also be pleasantly surprised by how well the iPhone functions as a paper weight
    This was necessary why? He didn't say anything anti RIM.

(am I the only one wishing they would remove emoticons? Good lord. Every sentence? Really?)

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-27-12 at 09:50 AM.
    litig8or98 and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-27-12 09:48 AM
    Well it is kinda true haha
    06-27-12 09:53 AM
    FYI OP, you can also use blackberry bridge to control your Mac or PC via bluetooth.

I use it on my Mac all the time as a wireless keyboard and mouse, its awesome! I can use PresenterMode (for powerpoint on the mac and photo slideshows). I can also change volume and play/pause and change tracks while listing to music and watching videos using the volume controls on the side of the Bold.

BlackBerry Bridge is awesome!
    06-27-12 10:16 AM
    You don't need a BlackBerry that is hooked up to a carrier, all you need is one of the later versions of a BlackBerry (OS 5 or later I believe) and you can use the remote control features. Now to browse using bridge and receive email using bridge you need your BB to be hooked up to a carrier and have a BIS plan.
    06-27-12 12:17 PM

(am I the only one wishing they would remove emoticons? Good lord. Every sentence? Really?)

I wish Crackberry would give us some hot new emoticons...bold and expressive!

You have some kind of emoticon phobia...emotiphobia LOL
    joski and Mr.Monty like this.
    06-27-12 01:11 PM
    No it's just irritating when they get over used. Emoticons don't need to be at the end if every sentence. They aren't punctuation. Just saying.

06-27-12 02:44 PM
    No it's just irritating when they get over used. Emoticons don't need to be at the end if every sentence. They aren't punctuation. Just saying.

There's more than one way to use an emoticon and they're free

06-27-12 03:21 PM

Awe come on now. You don't like emoticons?

Sorry I couldn't help myself, you asked for it.
    06-27-12 03:24 PM
    Awe come on now. You don't like emoticons?

Sorry I couldn't help myself, you asked for it.

Yeeaah baby, but I don't use a period if I use an emoticon...that's just silly
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-27-12 04:11 PM

I agree. Why does everyone use emoticons?

But seriously, sometimes emoticons are good. The main purpose I can think of is to put a at the end of your post to say "I'm being sarcastic". I've seen many a thread go on for pages wondering whether somebody was being serious or sarcastic, which is actually rather sad when you think about it... (no sad face emoticon is used here because it should be obvious that it's intended)
    06-27-12 04:42 PM
    I agree. Why does everyone use emoticons?

But seriously, sometimes emoticons are good. The main purpose I can think of is to put a at the end of your post to say "I'm being sarcastic". I've seen many a thread go on for pages wondering whether somebody was being serious or sarcastic, which is actually rather sad when you think about it... (no sad face emoticon is used here because it should be obvious that it's intended)
    Because some people talk to girls lots which eventually makes you do it subconsciously
    06-27-12 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD