Pretty simple question. My car has an AUX input which I use with my iTouch to play music when I want to. I tried connecting the Playbook instead, and nothing came out.

Now, I tried playing a song from a browser, not from the actual device. I'm assuming I can play songs through AUX input if they're on the device...but can I play anything on the internet through the speakers?

Example: Going to Youtube and playing a video and having the sound come out of my car speakers.
    01-06-12 03:52 PM
    yup, i'm using the a2dp feature of the PB and my deck to do this, but the aux should also work
    01-06-12 03:54 PM
    Mine works thru my headphone speaker jack to the Aux jack with the right cable.
    01-06-12 04:00 PM
    its just an earphone / audio output so aslong as you plug it into an equally equiped input for example your aux input you should get any ana all audio that the device can play.

I would look elsewhere for the rout of your problem, sometimes the mismatch of levels on different equipment can be extreme so you find you have to drive the device with a high volume level before it can be heard from the equipment its plugged into. an example of this is that when i plug my ipod into a stereo system in work I have to have both the pod and the stereo volumes set very high to get anywhere near being able to hear it.

you might also want to confirm the interconnecting lead you are using is ok, or check the stereos settings you may have to enable the aux input first.

hope that helps?
    01-06-12 04:08 PM
    The 3.5 mm phone jack should work. My car has a 3.5 mm input jack for piping music into the stereo system. I tried it with my iPod before but have not tried it with my Playbook. I do not see why it would not work the same.
    01-06-12 04:25 PM
    Well it works for my iTouch (same setup) so I'm assuming it should work for my Playbook.

But could the problem be because I'm not playing a song that's physically on the device? Going to try loading a song on the playbook and playing it, see what happens.
    01-06-12 04:30 PM
    Next time you plug your PB into your aux or even a set of headphones check your volume level. By default the PB seems to retreat to the previous volume where it was before with the PB speakers or your external source. Open your music app next time before you plug in and you will see the volume change.
    01-06-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD