I know the playbook has been out for so long now but I haven't had the chance to play with it. I'm at the airport and had some time to kill so I walked around. Saw this store walked in thinking it was an Apple product store but lo and behold it had playbooks too!

Anyways I started playing around with it, asked the SA some questions. Asked him which cases were for sale and he said that they ran out of that converting one because he bought the last one. So I asked him if he also had an iPad and he said "no. When i started working here I did get an iPad and thought it was so awesome. But when we got the playbooks in, after two days of playing around on it. I was sold. I didn't look at the iPad again" and so I asked him why and he said that sure the iPad has a lot of games and such but the playbook does everything he needs it to do. In my city, there's a lot of distaste for blackberries and RIM stuff, so it's nice to see that he was trying to sell me the playbook and not steer me to an iPad.

Now that I've had a legitimate chance to play with it. It's beautiful. I'm excited for bb10 and I can't wait to get my hands on one of these when I get back from vacation !
    07-21-12 07:21 PM
    Cool pics OP. Which airport was the store at ?
    07-21-12 07:37 PM
    It's in Edmonton AB Canada
    07-21-12 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the post OP. The PlayBook is amazing, you're going to love it!
    pelletizer likes this.
    07-21-12 07:52 PM
    Nice story! I was sitting on my balcony the other day watching about 10 sequential movie previews on imdb.com, from my Playbook. Super picture, sound and performance.

There's no beating the multitasking and integration you get with Bridge.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-21-12 08:37 PM
    Cool, we have an iStore at our airport... Must have missed it in all the endless construction that is perpetually happening there. Furthermore, they have a friendly, enthusiastic sales staff... Cool! Gotta look for that next time I'm flying out. Absolutely love the PB for travel, especially for killing time at the airport... It's the perfect size and bridging in airports that want to charge for WIFI is always a bonus.
    crazeee4u and bungaboy like this.
    07-21-12 09:01 PM
    When I saw the brickwork I knew it was in Canada. LoL

Actually the English and french on the boxes was the sure give away.

Do they still have the 2 airports in Edmonton?
    crazeee4u likes this.
    07-21-12 09:49 PM
    They're closing down the City Centre airport after years of wrangling... Looks like the property developers have finally won and are set to build cheap condos on what was one of Canada's first airports...

However, I've been down at the City Centre Site for the last two days for Indy Race weekend... What a blast. Taking the PB for some shots of Sunday's Indy final race
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-21-12 10:00 PM
    I thought the PB was king in Canada. What city are you from? Maybe in the U.S. ?
    07-22-12 12:10 AM
    Yeah, he definitely raves about the bridging I can do with my 9900.

312lorden, nope definitely not from the USA. And I honestly don't think the PB is king anywhere. Other than my brother (who bought it intentionally) I only know of one other person with it and it's because it was cheap. I never see anybody carrying a playbook around here which is a shame because the UI is really something
    07-22-12 01:17 AM
    I've surprised a few people here in calgary when they saw my PlayBook. Great little tablet.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-22-12 01:35 AM
    Over in Canada. Nice
    07-22-12 07:14 AM
    This weekend I went to Currys, in which I bought my second Playbook 6 months ago. Back then, sales people were very surprised, that I am buying PB, they were trying to convert me to iPad (I think I wrote about it somewhere on this forum). Imagine my surprise yesterday - I told them, that I am buying a projector to connect to my PB via HDMI only to hear: you have a Playbook? Cool, isn't it? Shortly after I had 3 sales people around me, all of them talking about their Playbooks, how good they are. When I was picking up the HDMI cable, one of them even took a Playbook out of his pocket to check, if we have the one that fits

That's a big change in 6 months Also in the UK you can see people with PBs on the buses or the tube often. Perhaps less often than with the iPads, but still.

I am typing it on my BB, bridged to PB and watching it on the wall via the projector I love technology
    bungaboy and crazeee4u like this.
    07-22-12 05:12 PM
    This weekend I went to Currys, in which I bought my second Playbook 6 months ago. Back then, sales people were very surprised, that I am buying PB, they were trying to convert me to iPad (I think I wrote about it somewhere on this forum). Imagine my surprise yesterday - I told them, that I am buying a projector to connect to my PB via HDMI only to hear: you have a Playbook? Cool, isn't it? Shortly after I had 3 sales people around me, all of them talking about their Playbooks, how good they are. When I was picking up the HDMI cable, one of them even took a Playbook out of his pocket to check, if we have the one that fits

That's a big change in 6 months Also in the UK you can see people with PBs on the buses or the tube often. Perhaps less often than with the iPads, but still.

I am typing it on my BB, bridged to PB and watching it on the wall via the projector I love technology
    I purchased mine from there. Walked straight in and asked if they had Playbooks in stock. A salesman said yes whilst the fat one waffled on about "there is no 3G".

I asume he wated to dissuade me plus lunch commision for Greggs.

Don't listen to them.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-22-12 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD