Hi guys, I am new to the playbook. I would like to load it with music and then play it through my car stereo. I am reading about the BLACKBERRY MUSIC GATEWAY and the RIM Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway. Do I need both? Do I need 1 of them? If so, which one? Also is there any other options? And what do you guys use? Thanks in advance.
    12-03-13 12:56 AM
    A quick Google got this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Conn...eo&btnG=Search

Maybe you can sort through this. It maybe as simple as plugging in with a wire to an auxiliary or may require a $50+ device . Depends on your car stereo.
    Dave Solomon likes this.
    12-03-13 01:23 AM
    I just pair the PlayBook to my stereo via Bluetooth. No extra devices needed, no hassles. If you don't have a Bluetooth enabled stereo, you could just use an auxiliary cable from the headphone jack to the input port.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Solomon likes this.
    12-03-13 04:46 AM
    Hi guys, I am new to the playbook. I would like to load it with music and then play it through my car stereo. I am reading about the BLACKBERRY MUSIC GATEWAY and the RIM Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway. Do I need both? Do I need 1 of them? If so, which one? Also is there any other options? And what do you guys use? Thanks in advance.
    If you can plug in the 2 RCA jacks into your auto stereo, then you could go with the Music Gateway. If you have to go with using the vehicles wiring harness, then just do a google search and you will find a number of options:

iCarKits - 2007 HONDA RIDGELINE - Bluetooth Car Kits.

BT35-HON Bluetooth Honda Kit iPodCarPros.com This is what I have in my Ridgeline for my PB.....

c
    Dave Solomon likes this.
    12-03-13 09:59 AM
    I just pair the PlayBook to my stereo via Bluetooth. No extra devices needed, no hassles. If you don't have a Bluetooth enabled stereo, you could just use an auxiliary cable from the headphone jack to the input port.

Posted via CB10
    Really?
    I tried before and the car(2012 Civic) wouldn't see my Playbook. It saw my BB phone and connected to it, but it wouldn't see the PB.
    I'll have to try again.
    Dave Solomon likes this.
    12-03-13 11:11 AM
    Thanks guys . With my bold 9900 I bought an FM Transmitter to play my blackberry music through my car stereo. Will a FM Transmitter work for the Playbook as well?
    12-03-13 11:42 AM
    Thanks guys . With my bold 9900 I bought an FM Transmitter to play my blackberry music through my car stereo. Will a FM Transmitter work for the Playbook as well?
    It sure does set mine up at the weekend with a radio transmitter 10 ebay it works great, no fallout whatsoever just need a car mount now.
    Dave Solomon likes this.
    12-03-13 12:02 PM
    Really?
    I tried before and the car(2012 Civic) wouldn't see my Playbook. It saw my BB phone and connected to it, but it wouldn't see the PB.
    I'll have to try again.
    So I tried again and got it to work.
    In a 2012 Civic with BT stereo...
    Add a new "phone" to your Car' system.
    Pick the manual pairing option, which will give you a code
    Take your PB and get it to look for available devices
    Pick HandsFreeLink or something like that and enter the code you were given
    Switch your car audio to BT aux, push the sound dial to switch between connected BT devices and pick your playbook
    Open the music app on your PB, and enjoy.

The music App must be running if you want to play PB music in your Car stereo. I only tried the using the factory music app.
    12-04-13 08:53 AM
    my car has a cassette player,,, instead of playbook, i just plug in an adapter from my phone to the cassette player...
    here's an example, there are others...
    INSTEN Car Cassette Adapter Converter+Charger For iPodMP3 New: Other Auto & Tires : Walmart.com
    12-05-13 08:47 AM