Has anyone been able to use Pandora or any other kind of music service and keep the music playing when switching to a different tab in the browser? If I open Pandora and get the music going then I make a new tab or switch to an open tab the music stops. I've gotten it to work once or twice but I think it was more of a glitch or bug than an actual feature because I've only been able to repeat it twice completely on accident.
    06-23-11 03:54 PM
    If you are not hooked on Pandora use the Slacker app on the PB. You can listen with that app and do what you'd like in the browser.
    06-23-11 04:02 PM
    Check your setting in general and make sure the option is on default and it should work... I always stream podcast from the browser and browse another page at the same time...

Sent from my iPad 3G using Tapatalk
    06-23-11 04:15 PM
    Tried that setting with both Pandora and steaming a podcast from CLR.net. Still doesn't work. The music stops as soon as I switch to a new tab. It will play in the background if I minimize the browser but if I swap tabs within the browser it will stop. Not that big of a deal but it'd be nice if it worked.
    06-23-11 04:57 PM
    I wish they would allow multiple instances of the browser instead of just tabs. Or at least make the tabs separate processes.
    06-23-11 05:28 PM
    Has anyone been able to use Pandora or any other kind of music service and keep the music playing when switching to a different tab in the browser? If I open Pandora and get the music going then I make a new tab or switch to an open tab the music stops. I've gotten it to work once or twice but I think it was more of a glitch or bug than an actual feature because I've only been able to repeat it twice completely on accident.
    Yes, I have been able to do what you say using the Shoutcast music service. I wrote some instructions in this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/st...aybook-625170/ as to what I did to get it to work.
    06-23-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD