Hello - I have setup a password and enabled password protection after 2 minutes but it never requires a password again unless I press the power button once to put it in standby mode. If I don't press the power button and let it sit there for a couple of minutes (or 10), only the screen will turn off and when I swipe my finger to wake it up to use it again it will just go back to the screen it was on previously. Anyone else having this issue? I have tried turning off password protection and re-enabling it and etc but still can't get it to work. Thanks.
    04-21-11 12:17 PM
    Hello - I have setup a password and enabled password protection after 2 minutes but it never requires a password again unless I press the power button once to put it in standby mode. If I don't press the power button and let it sit there for a couple of minutes (or 10), only the screen will turn off and when I swipe my finger to wake it up to use it again it will just go back to the screen it was on previously. Anyone else having this issue? I have tried turning off password protection and re-enabling it and etc but still can't get it to work. Thanks.
    i have no such issues......password works perfectly on my pb....running software 1690...
    04-21-11 12:28 PM
    I thought it was working at one point, but maybe I will try to do a security wipe of my PB this evening and see if that helps. If anyone has any ideas until then, I am willing to give them a try. Thanks.
    04-21-11 12:30 PM
    Mine prompts me for a password after the specified amount of time passes.
    04-21-11 12:33 PM
    What are your values for Lock After and Standby Time-out settings?
    04-21-11 03:50 PM
    I have this same problem. The password does not come on after standby timeout. The only way I am prompted for a password is if I press the power button to manually put it into standby mode.
    05-01-11 08:13 PM
    Latest OS here and password does work. I'm thinking of upping the time because it works too well.
    05-01-11 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD