@F2 I have answered your questions on more than one occassion.
    07-30-12 01:25 PM
    I'm surprised that no one's taking notice of this thread title.. It's crap and just to screw everyone's head..

I dont know why it's so difficult for most to understand that there are no multiple iterations of the pb os.. So its just because of some crap applications you've installed..

If you really wanna get rid of the problem then get rid of the junk you have on your PlayBook..

There was a time when my pb would lag but not anymore.. You guys aren't even posting your specs and trying to find a solution.. Im on beta os and everything works perfect.. Except crap android..

Its so important to have a separate complaints section where ppl can post with some information and meaning..
    07-30-12 01:43 PM
    I'm surprised that no one's taking notice of this thread title.. It's crap and just to screw everyone's head..

I dont know why it's so difficult for most to understand that there are no multiple iterations of the pb os.. So its just because of some crap applications you've installed..

If you really wanna get rid of the problem then get rid of the junk you have on your PlayBook..

There was a time when my pb would lag but not anymore.. You guys aren't even posting your specs and trying to find a solution.. Im on beta os and everything works perfect.. Except crap android..

Its so important to have a separate complaints section where ppl can post with some information and meaning..
    Oh, please. Nobody's trying to screw with anyone's head. And some of us have posted our "specs" in an attempt to get to the root of the problem. It's not all Android "crap" anyway -- I've reinstalled two Android sideloads, and the lag/other problems I had before wiping hasn't returned. So you can't just say "get rid of the junk." Besides, F2 has a number of sideloads, and he has no lag.

BTW, the title strikes me as summing up the OP's complaint quite adequately.
    07-30-12 03:40 PM

Do everyone a favor and be quiet and stop being an arrogant fanboy. The problems exist whether you like it or not!!! You say its some crap applications that was installed... Well hello... Those crap apps are found in app world, and you really can't tell which is an android app from which isn't.

The android player is apart of the OS and RIM provided the android player as a means to fill the app gap...so if its compromising the OS's fluidity then the Onus is on RIM to fix the problem. If you had taken the time to read this thread, you'd have realise that there are person experiencing unquestionable amounts of lagg.. Who didn't sideload anything, and there are others who have sideloaded and doesn't experience lagg.

We have been posting "specs" yet there's no definitive solution for the problem. You complain that there were 9 pages of complaints...well excuse me.. This is after all a forum and until things gets resolved the discussion will continue. If you do not like it, or cannot contribute, do not participate ... No one is forcing you.

You said the thread is crap, well its expressing my experience with the tablet since the latest OS update, and others have the same problems. So dude...relax.
    Last edited by digtech; 07-30-12 at 04:09 PM.
    07-30-12 04:04 PM
    I must admit I never had any lag until I did the last update 2.0.1.358(I think) on this Saturday after its reboot it now has dreadful lag, if I rotate from portrait to landscape in the browser on pocketnow.com for eg it just hangs then shows half a screen then after 5 secs shows the new orientation, typing in google is a pain as nothing comes up for ages its almost unusable, I turned it off fully 3 times but it never helped I do have backups saved so I will try to restore an older one if I can.
    Last edited by fireblade893; 07-30-12 at 05:12 PM.
    07-30-12 04:57 PM

You should edit the title of this thread and change it to "MY PlayBook's UI laggs unbearably!". My PB runs smoothly all time. Not a single wipe in more than a year of age, restarts that I can count with one hand and more than 140 apps installed. No Lag. Daily (ab)use. 16GB Model.
    Someone already mentioned something about the title. "My Playbooks UI laggs unbearably!" is way better.
    07-30-12 05:17 PM
    Digtech, Since you are the OP which I never realized, I understand your frustration. Let me break it down for you.

Maybe i need a device wipe or need to back up my playbook but i honestly doubt it. These problems arent by any means new, i just chose to ignore them because of my love for the product. There are moments when i get an ok sort of responsiveness. But the playbook seriously needs to be heavily optimized! The UI is just too chunky
    I don't understand why you doubt a resolution, but surprisingly you have provided the solution for your own problems in the very start of this thread. Yes, you do need a security wipe because you have managed to mess the PB OS.

- When i click some apps they don't fire away immediately. Sometimes go dim for a fraction of a second before it initiate the app, then i have to wait on the animation, and like inside videos, pictures and music... i have to stare at the background for an additional 4 seconds.
    Fraction of a second is completely acceptable. Regarding, Vids, Pics and Music, can you please be specific on the data you have on the PlayBook? It can be unreadable video files, corrupt images, several hundred thumbnail files (hidden), and again corrupt MP3 files. Are you sure you don't have any of these?

- The keyboard... might as well i launch remote control to avoid it. Again there are times when its ok but majority its lagging behind my every touch, worse when i enable the predictions feature...another chunky feature.
    Are you referring to using the Keyboard when Bridged? The PB Bridge, when active, does tend to mess the keyboard up. Try to use keyboard without Bridge active on the PB and see if the problem occurs. I'm guessing this is the case because you use remote keyboard as an alternative. Some text boxes when not aligned correctly (zoomed precisely or manually zoomed instead of double tap) they tend to cause lag on keyboard.

- Inside Settings. Again not very responsive. Especially in the about section. I feel sometimes i have to be waiting on the PB to make its mind up.
    I think you have some corrupt files on the PlayBook which the system is trying to eliminate from indexing or clear out the issue prior to display.. Maybe your files are not sorted correctly, is everything in the right folder? how is your folder structure? Try viewing hidden files and delete the ones not required. Did you copy paste the files or Sycn them via DM? SW should clear this issue.

- The browser! The reason i decide to let it all out. I feel im keeping a secret, because i dont wish my baby to get scrutinized any more than it already is. I was trying my best to wait it out, keep telling myself that better is coming, the playbook is young... but OMG... jesus of nazareth does it laggg. Honestly do the people that work for RIM own a playbook? Id be ashamed to tell any of my friends that i helped created that browser. HTML 5 scores are all fine and dandy. But its pointless given the lagg fiesta!!!! They should abandon tabbed browsing all together. I think imma invest in dolphin browser, simple browser and secure browser so as to not use tabs! just open separate windows. Every limited feature that it has laggs! the tabs, history, bookmarks... i keep having to wait until they decide to respond.
    This is an exaggeration and insulting to the developers. No offense but on the other hand, the developer must be cringing on knowing the kind of users will be using their product. I agree the checkerboarding exists everywhere on every page even after the page has completely loaded but it's okay because I know the browser is doing it's fair share of loading scripts and Flash. You'd be surprised how often that's being used these days. Try disabling JavaScript and Flash. See if problem continues. If it's better than before, then a security wipe should clear the issue with JS & Flash enabled.

Notice im not griping about the lacking features of the playbook (bookmark manager, files manager, equilizer and the host of others) Just give me polished speedy executions and ill glady forget about all that is missing.
    This is the reason I'm not supporting your thread because it's just another b2tchin thread on the PlayBook and the lack of features.

I honestly dont advocate the playbook with practical demonstrations because i dont know when else it might act up and then gets bad criticism. I wish Throsten Himself could read my frustrations, because im not going anywhere ... imma have my playbook for a long time and my BB10 phone when it comes, but im seriously starting to worry. Im on my playbook 24/7, honestly id like to meet the person that uses a playbook more than me so RIM take it from me! It needs work, work, work.
    I guess you haven't seen the CrackBerry PlayBook presentation which was made Prior to the OS Updates. Here watch it. It's the same frickin device. How to make great presentations with the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

I guess I use the PlayBook more than you coz if we both used it for the same hours, I would have an unimaginable lead over your 'unbearably lagging PlayBook'.

Have you been sleeping all this while? You know about BB10 but you don't know what work is going on in RIM? You think they have gone to sleep after launching the PB? Do you think we still use OS1.something ? We are waiting on OS2.1 and you come in here with a thread saying RIM needs to 'work, work work'.. You need to frikin wake up.
    07-30-12 11:38 PM
    Sigh sigh sigh....
    Don't try to justify the problem by blaming it on the end user. All your suggestions are null because up until the last update, all was working well then i noticed the steady decline in functionality. Its been my same routine, adding new videos, changing out the old... downloading apps from App world, browsing the web.

I suggested instead of using the laggy keyboard on the playbook, it would be better for me to launch remote control and use the bridge keyboard from my bold instead.

Again im not referring to page loading times, nor page rendering, checkerboarding nor javascript. Simply the UI. The swiping of the menu, the closing of tabs (sometimes im clicking and nothing responds, then after a couple secs all my tabs close.) The history tab, the bookmark tab... They both lagg when i click to open them... Not instaneous. (Yes ive cleared all, and ive set my history to delete every day). The use of the keyboard inside the browser is a nightmare (as a result ive disabled predictive text, key pop, sound and spell check).

You or anyone else wont be able to stop people complaining about lacking features or problems they might face. Some of you fans are under the impression that people picked up their money from the street and should watch it burn and be ok with it. I spent hard earned cash on my tablet and while its pointless to call RIM support, crackberry is where i can discuss, vent , be advised and help others when i can. Afterall its a forum...
    I follow the rules, if im out of line a moderator will let me know.

Finally, you mentioned that RIM didnt go to sleep after launching the PB, well apparently they were sleeping at launch, because a year later the tablet is now becoming a fully featured *cough* device. Yes RIM needs to work work work, ive not seen enough to convince me, nor the rest of the world that they deserve to be among the Top 3 mobile manufacturers. They are the ones that just woke up and playing catch up ... And im here standing in their backs demanding more.

Thank you for giving your advice.

In light of the pending 2.1 update (hopefully today or sometime during this week) im going ahead and doing a security wipe in the morning. Hopefully it addresses my problem. I came here for an alternate solution rather than wiping and restoring 64Gigs of data.

*****I'M ASKING A MOD TO CONSIDER CLOSING THIS THREAD FOR THE SAKE OF THE MEMBERS WHO ARE TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE 'PROBLEM FREE PERFECT PLAYBOOK' <--- (ooo alliteration )*******
    07-31-12 01:22 AM
    Nice speech there.. Who is stopping you from posting in here? Infact I'm trying to help you out with the problem..

I'm glad after 11 pages you have finally decided to Security Wipe your device. Should have been done earlier. Please post your status after the wipe.
    07-31-12 02:56 AM
    Nice speech there.. Who is stopping you from posting in here? Infact I'm trying to help you out with the problem..

I'm glad after 11 pages you have finally decided to Security Wipe your device. Should have been done earlier. Please post your status after the wipe.
    Lol

The fact that a security wipe is his only solution goes to show that there really are pretty serious issues under the hood of 2.0.1. IMO that is a completely unacceptable solution. That should be the 'Nuclear option', not a regular maintenance thing. Needing to totally wipe my device should NEVER happen.
    FF22 and solomon_grundy like this.
    07-31-12 03:28 AM
    You're just wiping the system files.. You will obviously have a backup right?
    07-31-12 03:43 AM
    Yeah, "just." As if it were "just" turning it on and off. Even if one does have a backup and subsequently restores, there are certain things that won't be restored. Plus you run the risk of simply restoring whatever was causing the problem in the first place.

Obviously, a security wipe should not be necessary. That a wipe is necessary to (attempt to) fix these laggy PBs is symptomatic of a problem with RIM.

Having said that, a security wipe (without backing up and restoring) did fix my laggy PB. For now at least.
    sashlon and solomon_grundy like this.
    07-31-12 06:02 AM
    Sigh sigh sigh....
    Don't try to justify the problem by blaming it on the end user. All your suggestions are null because up until the last update, all was working well then i noticed the steady decline in functionality. Its been my same routine, adding new videos, changing out the old... downloading apps from App world, browsing the web.
    Snip
    I think that the pb is prone to the same problem as every os, a pure os runs fine, for a time, then for whatever reasons will eventually require a reboot and or a good clean up. They used to say to reboot a desktop after 100 hours of use as there seemed to be something that buggered up after awhile, and on a desktop, after loading and unloading all sorts of things you still need to run special software to locate all the crude left over after deleting software and stuff saved by the os but not really needed, there will never be an os that won't require a reboot or reinstall in my lifetime, pb won't be different.
    Peace!
    07-31-12 06:45 AM
    I think that the pb is prone to the same problem as every os, a pure os runs fine, for a time, then for whatever reasons will eventually require a reboot and or a good clean up. They used to say to reboot a desktop after 100 hours of use as there seemed to be something that buggered up after awhile, and on a desktop, after loading and unloading all sorts of things you still need to run special software to locate all the crude left over after deleting software and stuff saved by the os but not really needed, there will never be an os that won't require a reboot or reinstall in my lifetime, pb won't be different.
    Peace!
    Agreed! Anyone that has been in the field of technology for anytime will tell you fresh is better.

Unix, Windows, tablet os, etc all suffer from the same disease, users. The more you do, the more likely something will go wrong.

One thing I would love to see on the PB is a hardware checking utility. Or a more robust logging (tho to be honest I never looked very hard for anything), is there a debug mode?
    07-31-12 08:07 AM
    I would love to see something similar to a system restore and being to make an image on a portable drive or your desktop that can be used to get back to that known good state.
    07-31-12 08:11 AM
    I don't question that you are having problems OP. But what is concerning is the fact that you actually believe that if you are having PB issues, everyone else is having the same ones, to the point of accusing them of being in denial. I hope you resolve your problem, both of them.
    This ^^^.

I have 3 pb's and I tried some of the tasks you said you were having issues with and the responce was instant.

Are you running a beta os?
    Last edited by zorecati; 07-31-12 at 08:17 AM.
    07-31-12 08:13 AM
    Do everyone a favor and be quiet and stop being an arrogant fanboy. The problems exist whether you like it or not!!!
    07-31-12 08:16 AM
    A Security Wipe or Debrick requires a backup and restore. Depending on the size of the pb and the number of such files and their sizes, it can take LONG HOURS if not longer to to backup and restore 30 or 40 gigs of data.

Everyone use to rave about the qnx Sandbox. Something might be amiss if WHATEVER bollixes up the entire system to create the lags noted.
    digtech and sashlon like this.
    07-31-12 10:24 AM
    It's not like it's an everyday thing that we go about security wiping our devices,, sh1t happens.. format it and get done with the problem..

just trying to make it clear in here that this issue will not disappear until bb10 so no need to have such hysterical threads dedicated to such stuff.. unless its something meaningful..
    08-01-12 02:04 AM
    It's not like it's an everyday thing that we go about security wiping our devices,, sh1t happens.. format it and get done with the problem..

just trying to make it clear in here that this issue will not disappear until bb10 so no need to have such hysterical threads dedicated to such stuff.. unless its something meaningful..
    What issue? The issue is properly maintaining an OS. Loading up on Apps, deleting Apps, running maximum open programs, etc and you'll bog every known OS. As I posted earlier, an OS needs to be cleaned up occasionally, wipe and reload only the Apps you actually use, configure the Apps to control how much they can automatically activate in the background. Even BB10 will lag if not taken care of. We live with the fact that Apple and Windows OS's need care to clean up useless junk after loading and deleting and programs setting temp and other crap all over the place but someone wants a Table to work perfectly without any input or care or responsible ownership?
    08-01-12 06:16 AM
    What issue? The issue is properly maintaining an OS. Loading up on Apps, deleting Apps, running maximum open programs, etc and you'll bog every known OS. As I posted earlier, an OS needs to be cleaned up occasionally, wipe and reload only the Apps you actually use, configure the Apps to control how much they can automatically activate in the background. Even BB10 will lag if not taken care of. We live with the fact that Apple and Windows OS's need care to clean up useless junk after loading and deleting and programs setting temp and other crap all over the place but someone wants a Table to work perfectly without any input or care or responsible ownership?
    Funny, I've never had to COMPLETLY WIPE either my PC, my Windows tablet, or my wife's IPad to correct an issue. Once again, such a solution is unactable and not really defensible either TBH.
    JasW likes this.
    08-01-12 07:28 AM
    This is going to be never ending.. such a crap thread.. where's the op? what's the status with your lag?
    08-01-12 07:50 AM
    This is going to be never ending.. such a crap thread.. where's the op? what's the status with your lag?
    Frankly, the only crap here is from people who either claim that there is no lag/clunkiness problem with any extant PB or, more insidiously, claim that it's no big deal to have to wipe a PB to correct that problem.

Echoing sashlon, in the 27 years I have owned innumerable PCs, I have never -- NEVER -- had to "wipe"/reformat any of them to correct a problem. Nor have I had to wipe any of my BBs for that matter.

Anyone who suggests that this is an acceptable and innocuous solution is, well, full of crap themselves.
    digtech likes this.
    08-01-12 08:11 AM
    Echoing sashlon, in the 27 years I have owned innumerable PCs, I have never -- NEVER -- had to "wipe"/reformat any of them to correct a problem. Nor have I had to wipe any of my BBs for that matter.
    I have to do it many times with a PC. It was the typical response from technical support if they could not solve a problem. Over the years an industry developed to find these problems on the PC and fix them without doing a reformat and reinstall of the OS.

Prior to a Windows system I uses a SCO UNIX for a number of years and that system also benefited from the equivalent of a wipe and reload. Eventually software tools came around to negate that, but they were quite expensive.

What we are missing are the third party tools to tune our QNX system. They may have to be done by RIM themselves because of security concerns, as they would require root access.
    08-01-12 08:33 AM
    "This is going to be never ending . . ."

Apparently, one person is hellbent on keeping this thread going until the sun runs out of fuel.

After 12 or more posts, what new points are made?

Sent from my Playbook using Tapatalk
    08-01-12 08:40 AM
196 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD