You need to do a back up, then do a Wipe. Use your Playbook for seven days to see if the lag is still there. Then if you have lots of Apps, you have to figure out what one or one's are always running in the background. Apps which are configured to update can cause lag as well as battery short life. Good luck.
    07-29-12 08:42 AM
    has anyone got a definite answer, its really starting to bug me. thanks
    Unfortunately, no. If you read this thread, you can see that some folks have lag and some folks do not have lag (ignoring that some folks may have more or less patience and it might be perceptions in some cases). Some folks report WIPES fixing it but not in all cases.

I used SimpleBrowser+ this morning to visit about a dozen sites including sites with graphics and it was pretty darn fast (javascript off in the tab I was using).

Here on my desktop now, I posted a reply to CB and it took long seconds for the site to respond and post it.
    07-29-12 09:04 AM
    I have two playbooks, one which lags and one which dosn't. The lag is mainly on the keyboard in the browser. Also predictive text dosn't work on certain sites in the browser on the lagging PB but works fine on the other. Tried a reset, wipe and debrick but nothing has fixed it.
    07-29-12 12:04 PM
    I have two playbooks, one which lags and one which dosn't. The lag is mainly on the keyboard in the browser. Also predictive text dosn't work on certain sites in the browser on the lagging PB but works fine on the other. Tried a reset, wipe and debrick but nothing has fixed it.
    Now that is interesting. Are they otherwise identically setup? Same apps, pretty much same/similar files, pictures, music, etc?

But yours also sounds like a good test case for calling rim if you'd have the patience to test a bunch of stuff.
    07-29-12 03:43 PM
    So 2 minutes 17 seconds is normal to open email.... Sure....
    07-29-12 04:00 PM
    Don't know what you're doing wrong. It took me 7 seconds to get to open my email from my home screen.
    07-29-12 04:32 PM
    No it's not normal. Mine only takes a couple of seconds to load and open an email. Don't know if it's relative to how many accounts you have or how much email is loading or what, but that's way too long for sure. That kind of lag would definitely tork me off.
    07-29-12 04:35 PM
    A solution is many apps can be left open in the main menu, all open and at your immediate use.
    07-29-12 04:35 PM
    On my playbook, 4.5 seconds to open gmail from a bookmark through browser and same 4.5 seconds to open messages. You got too much bloat somewhere my friend.
    07-29-12 04:40 PM
    I think its kind of disgusting how some people try to tear down and/or vilify a member because they report a problem with their PB.

The issue with general lag in the PB OS has been reported on and off since the 2.0.1 update. I have seen enough people post about it to suggest that its not just happening to an isolated few. My PB has become far less smooth since that update. I have experienced keyboard lag at times, its pretty irritating. Also, they made the browser a ton more stable, but its also slowed down a bunch. I know for a fact from reading these boards that I'm not alone.

A security wipe is not something you should need to do on a regular basis just to have your device work smoothly.

So, if you've never experienced this, good for you, but don't call someone out as a troll, or dismiss their issue just because you have been fortunate and avoided it.
    07-29-12 04:48 PM
    Well to fix that issue I simply returned the playbook and got the Google nexus 7 tablet and lag went away.
    07-29-12 04:53 PM
    Well to fix that issue I simply returned the playbook and got the Google nexus 7 tablet and lag went away.
    You know, that may be the solution that makes quite a number of people happy. More power to them.
    07-29-12 05:23 PM
    If I may ask a question or two of those with LAG:

Did you have the prior 2.x Beta?

Did you sideload any android apps or the Android app store.

Did you merely upgrade from your prior OS 1.xxxxxxx using the upgrade button?

What else should I ask?
    07-29-12 05:25 PM

What else should I ask?
    No Beta for me.

I have a few sideloaded Android apps (maybe 20). They were far less stable in OS 2, but I had no lag at all.

Yes I used the upgrade button to go from 1 to 2.0, and then to 2.01. That's why the buttons there, right?
    07-29-12 05:34 PM
    Which was the right decision for you. If you're that unhappy with a device, find the one that works for you. Enjoy!
    07-29-12 05:38 PM
    Which was the right decision for you. If you're that unhappy with a device, find the one that works for you. Enjoy!
    I wasn't unhappy with the playbook at all. It's a great device. I think the ui lag is something you have to kind of live with I think. As a matter of fact I really didn't get that much lag on the playbook that was unbearable, and that wasn't the reason I returned it.

Still miss the hdmi out, still miss the better internal storage, and still miss the rear view camera.

I don't think there is a way to improve performance on the playbook unless it's through an OS update. But as far as I am concerned there wasn't that much lag with mine.
    07-29-12 06:35 PM
    For what it's worth, I am on the official OS and haven't sideloaded any Android apps. I do not experience lag. (Of course I say that at the risk of being called a liar - again).
    07-29-12 06:40 PM
    For what it's worth, I am on the official OS and haven't sideloaded any Android apps. I do not experience lag. (Of course I say that at the risk of being called a liar - again).
    Too late. A couple folks already called you a liar.
    07-29-12 07:00 PM
    Too late. A couple folks already called you a liar.
    I'm so fortunate that my honesty and self esteem don't rely on various Crackberry members who like to troll threads and sling mud! LOL
    07-29-12 07:18 PM

What else should I ask?
    Nopes didnt have the beta
    Sideloaded a few most of which didnt work, a couple did (msn, words with friends, Mupen N64 emulator) deleted all but words with friends.
    Merely upgrade? Whatever that means... I updated from 1.8 - 2.0 (stable and worked), updated again (2.0.1 stable initially which after awhile slowed down)

All in all, i simply think the OS needs to be optimised and at the moment RIM is redirecting its resources and efforts on BB10. However, they should be careful not to loose the few playbook owners that they have, who have tasted what QNX has to offer and hopefully wont regret it.
    07-29-12 07:58 PM
    after all this time i thought it's just me, but the interface/UI does lag and slow, even on wifi. god knows but hopefully BB10 is nowhere near OS2.0, 2.1 or other incremental patch.
    07-29-12 10:52 PM

What else should I ask?
    No 2.x beta. I did sideload some androids apps. Rarely use them as I found them laggy and unstable (not all). I upgraded using the upgrade button.
    07-29-12 11:24 PM
    I'm so fortunate that my honesty and self esteem don't rely on various Crackberry members who like to troll threads and sling mud! LOL
    Sounds like it's taken a beating, even though no one called anyone a liar.
    07-29-12 11:28 PM
    Is this really still going on? Well, it's kind of obvious that the PlayBook OS UI is not the smoothest out there.. but all I want to say is that.. You frankly need to learn how to use it. This does not mean the lag will disappear.. it just means that you will learn to see past the lag and enjoy using the device.
    07-29-12 11:42 PM
    Simple incident.. I use TubeMate to download videos.. Even though TubeMate offers the option to watch YouTube videos through the application itself, the application is not reliable enough for the same task. Hence, I use the Browser to watch YouTube videos on YouTube.com via Bridge 3G.

Another problem is that when TubeMate is running, the native Video player will lag and pause videos in the middle. So I just shut TubeMate when I want to watch videos.

These are minor flaws.. Nothing major to make an issue out of.. like many in here will do so.. I expect these to disappear soon.. but I'm happy that I'm able to do most of this in the first place.

You assumption might be that it should be flawless like every other OS but you will be surprised at the limitations of the 'other OS'. No arguments here.. I'm just saying I did this through Bridge.
    07-29-12 11:46 PM
196 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD