02-07-12 09:41 AM
47 12
tools
    So my playbook first of all lost the internet tethering option, god knows where it went and why. Now, it fails to load youtube app, even when full wi fi signal. Facebook, takes upto ten minutes to load. It seems everything connected to the net is running so slow. What is going on!? I really hope this 2.0 blows me away as im losing patience with it at the moment!
    02-05-12 08:24 AM
    So my playbook first of all lost the internet tethering option, god knows where it went and why. Now, it fails to load youtube app, even when full wi fi signal. Facebook, takes upto ten minutes to load. It seems everything connected to the net is running so slow. What is going on!? I really hope this 2.0 blows me away as im losing patience with it at the moment!
    Have you cleared the cache on the browser?
    02-05-12 08:30 AM
    Try a hard reset.
    02-05-12 08:31 AM
    Try clearing Cache etc and see what happens.
    02-05-12 08:31 AM
    let me guess; you have a 16Gb stuffed with more than 160Gb load of pics, videos and music? Any computer, iPhone, Wndows, whatever would get slow....
    02-05-12 08:40 AM
    Could it be a router issue, not a playbook issue?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-12 08:41 AM
    Tell us your OS, what PB model, how long you've had it, how and with what carrier do you tether, and lastly, as mentioned by another poster, what in God's name do you have loaded up, and how much in the way of music, movies, apps, etc

With this most basic of information, some here may be able to help, otherwise, anything said without such info is just pure speculation at best.

P.S. You might consider changing what I perceive as a quite inflammatory thread title.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 02-05-12 at 08:47 AM.
    02-05-12 08:44 AM
    Loose nut in front of the on switch.
    buckeyeind and peter9477 like this.
    02-05-12 08:46 AM
    are you sure you own a playbook ? just making sure its not just another troll mail. i have not heard of issues like this ever before.
    things running slow can be understood but menu options disappearing is something else.
    02-05-12 08:58 AM
    got mine day of launch works great i love it! I use it all day at work take pis and edit them for surveys, when i get home for internet epix movies. My playbook almost never gets a break works great she works hard and plays even harder no cover and looks new. You must not know what ur doing!
    RWD likes this.
    02-05-12 09:05 AM
    There are many solutions to such problems, some good ones mentioned here. If all else fails do security wipe and start fresh.
    southlander likes this.
    02-05-12 09:08 AM
    It appears you have another thread of the same topic here in the Playbook forums, only you mention your Bold is "broke" and the Nokia you're using lost its tether whatever options.
    Willard814 and jafobabe like this.
    02-05-12 09:10 AM
    I have less than a gb of music,photos and other stuff on my playbook, i have a 32 gb. The wifi on my playbook keeps dropping out and wont automatically reconnect, It also now does not save the network key for my wi fi. Although when manually connected it has full signal. As does my laptop, desktop and ps3. My OS version is 1.0.8.6067. I assume to clear the cache it is under browser settings. When i open browser, i no longer can open, new tab,downloads nor settings. It recognizes the touch but does not open. As for my tethering problem, yes i now use a e72, which tethered fine until one day the option in settings for internet tethering disappeared. If i do this "swipe" of the pb i assume all purchased apps will go with it?
    02-05-12 09:34 AM
    I have just tried to connect my playbook to desktop manager, it reads on playbook that its connected to computer. But it desktop manager will now not open either. It also is not being recognized in the :e drive.
    02-05-12 09:40 AM
    Hi there, if you haven't already, do a complete backup if able. then follow the debrick method to restore full OS. With desktop software open, turn off playbook, attach to computer with usb cable and select the update option that pops up. I haven't heard/read about any of your difficulties, it just may be a conflict with some things you have on your PB. Your purchased apps will be available on the appworld site when you sign back in and can then download again. Take your time putting apps back on and see what if anything is causing issues for you.
    Willard814 and jb-92 like this.
    02-05-12 09:52 AM
    Thank you Lucy, unfortunately my desktop software is now failing, i have deleted it and re installed it and again is not opening, with or without playbook connected by USB. My PC is now not recognizing my playbook at all, yet the playbook recognizes that it is connected :-(
    02-05-12 10:03 AM
    Have you actually rebooted it yet??
    jb-92 likes this.
    02-05-12 10:04 AM
    just exchange it for another pb.....problem solved.
    02-05-12 10:10 AM
    Yes lol. Ive rebooted it a few times.
    02-05-12 10:12 AM
    What is "debrick"?
    02-05-12 10:16 AM
    Currently running a full wipe of the playbook.
    02-05-12 10:58 AM
    What is "debrick"?
    A "debrick" restores you OS to factory settings.

Click on the links below my signature for more info on the PB.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-05-12 11:09 AM
    Thank you Lucy, unfortunately my desktop software is now failing, i have deleted it and re installed it and again is not opening, with or without playbook connected by USB. My PC is now not recognizing my playbook at all, yet the playbook recognizes that it is connected :-(
    this has to be a fake post....playbook is broke...then now the desktop software is brome and cant be fixed....suuuure.....
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-05-12 11:11 AM
    Here we go again! Just return it and buy an iPad that way you won't have to return here posting inflammatory fantasies such as yours. I say that with all due respect....
    alnamvet68 and jafobabe like this.
    02-05-12 11:17 AM
    Here we go again! Just return it and buy an iPad that way you won't have to return here posting inflammatory fantasies such as yours. I say that with all due respect....
    I find it amusing that some ppl will flame a post that disagrees with their perceived reality.
    If it's man made or even if it's nature made it will break, wear out, fail, or in general just not work anymore. Who really knows what is wrong with the OP's PB. Maybe the guys who built it had a hangover that day, just sayin'.
    02-05-12 11:33 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD