Today, my teacher told a dumb kid to stop ripping the pages in a geography get book because the book costs 189.99 dollars. No one thought that could be true, so he showed us a link on his computer that shows prices of all the text books that our school owns. Some were upwards of 300 dollars. Then he said he tried convincing the school to buy 28 playbooks, one for each kid. I thought it was a great idea...
    How about buying some playbooks for 199.99 which can hold every single textbook on its harddrive plus a lot more. It would be so cost effective.
    Yes I know some kids are careless with electronics and other expensive things but they are also careless with textbooks...people would not doodle on playbooks, or rip them, or fold the pages, or anything. It's much harder do destroy a playbook than a textbook.
    Will this ever happen?
    06-05-12 06:31 PM
    As a teacher, I think that is a great idea. All of our new "textbooks" will be on-line. I ordered one old-fashioned set too.

Out county is trying out Kindle Fire tablets (without checking with me)!

I wonder if BlackBerry is doing enough to go after the education market.
    06-05-12 07:20 PM
    Speaking as a retired teacher, I can see the merit in this idea. Today's kids are much more screen-oriented than book-oriented. Even in my last few years in the classroom, using PowerPont was the more effective way to get lecture material across.

However, I shudder to think what non-authorized material might wind up on the PBs...and I don't mean Angry birds!
    06-05-12 09:50 PM
    If Mobile Fusion can be implemented for a school, then you can lock down what can and can't be loaded onto it.
    06-05-12 09:54 PM
    Being a university student I know first hand how expensive these textbooks are,

Check this out,

Looks like they've been able to work it nicely.
    06-05-12 10:16 PM
    I use the Playbook to read my medicine books on the move
    They are too fat to carry around..
    06-05-12 11:01 PM