I'm looking into getting a Playbook for use on my construction sites. I was curious if anyone has any opinions on how well they handle minor jostling, dust, minor drops, basically anything that comes with working in an outdoor environment. Obviously I don't expect to be able to drop a hammer on it from two stories up but if it gets knocked off a planning desk or the hood of my truck, it's not going to be destroyed.

Also, any kind of protective covering obviously, opinions on those would help.

Thanks.
    06-03-11 03:52 AM
    Get an Otterbox. If it can handle what my 2 year old dishes out it can handle a construction site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 04:02 AM
    im a plumber in nj and i use my playbook for work. the otterbox is a great protective case. i was in a supply house buying some stock for the truck and i accidently used my playbook to carry it. well i scratched the screen protector but didn't damage my playbook. i checked when i got to the truck and the screen was still prestine underneath.
    06-03-11 07:04 AM
    My PB goes with me hunting protected by the otterbox...
    pbfan likes this.
    06-03-11 07:35 AM
    I will say, the screen is really easy to read in the sunlight.
    06-03-11 11:12 AM
    im a plumber in nj and i use my playbook for work. the otterbox is a great protective case. i was in a supply house buying some stock for the truck and i accidently used my playbook to carry it. well i scratched the screen protector but didn't damage my playbook. i checked when i got to the truck and the screen was still prestine underneath.
    JOE THE PLUMBER!!

Ok....that explains a lot!
    jmarkey77 likes this.
    06-03-11 12:41 PM
    Another vote for the Otterbox, I dont do anything besides travel on a public bus with my PB, but here in toronto, we've got crazy drivers and extremely crazy bus drivers and if they slam the brakes, your pb goes flying, and its done, so i get myself some protection from that lol
    06-03-11 12:50 PM
    I figured an otterbox was a given. Does anyone know of any belt clips or belt holsters for an Otterboxed Playbook?

Also, what is the battery life like for you guys in the field? I would not need WiFi or any bells and whistles. Basically just need to pull up plans, contacts, take notes, basic office operations.
    06-03-11 08:02 PM
    I'll put my 2 cents in for the Otterbox. It's the only case that I'll use. I have one on my iPhone and had one on my Storm before I got my iPhone. And of course, I got one for my PB. All I can say is that I think the folks at Otterbox do the best job for device protection.
    06-04-11 12:55 PM
    You can also look at the Zagg shield. They make screen shield as well as full body.

BlackBerry Playbook Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

If you go with Zagg I suggest you take it to Best Buy or somewhere else they might suggest to have it installed. I put a Zagg on my 9700 with no problem but had to get my screen protector for my PlayBook replaced (no charge).
    06-04-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD