Just a note from looking online today and I haven't seen this one before, but all Playbooks at Futureshop are now $299, the same as shopblackberry.com. Guess it applies to all the Canadians on here. Enjoy.

I think I may pick up another 64gb for that price. Tough to beat.
    01-06-12 10:37 AM
    I've seen this for the last week, maybe more. Canadian Best Buys and Future Shops have had that boxing week sale going on. I just picked up my 32G last night for 250.

Now the funny thing is, I have a feeling these may be new standard prices, I noticed they call them doorcrashers and whatnot, but there was no "discount" or reg. price or amount saved, nor did it even actually say "on sale". Just the price itself. Makes me wonder...
    01-06-12 11:16 AM
    Futureshop has some open box 16GB Playbooks marked at $149! FWIW my local store is St Albert, AB and they had 6 there last time I checked.

If there was anyone in my family who didn't have one I'd buy more for sure!
    01-06-12 11:17 AM
    The salesman offered some open boxes, said the discount was around 30 bucks or so. Worth the money for the sealed box imo.
    01-06-12 11:20 AM
    I've seen this for the last week, maybe more. Canadian Best Buys and Future Shops have had that boxing week sale going on. I just picked up my 32G last night for 250.

Now the funny thing is, I have a feeling these may be new standard prices, I noticed they call them doorcrashers and whatnot, but there was no "discount" or reg. price or amount saved, nor did it even actually say "on sale". Just the price itself. Makes me wonder...
    I thought they might be the new standard prices too, but on the staples & best buy websites they're still offered for the original prices. However, the 16gb playbook is $298 on the Wal-Mart website.
    01-06-12 11:31 AM
    The Canadian ca.shopblackberry.com site has all the models at $299 but there is a clear deadline of Feb. 2 (two days earlier than the U.S. deadline). There is a big countdown clock on the main page.

I'm sure that whoever maintains the Future Shop site hardly knows what to do. I spotted something the other day saying "regular price $199" or one of the other "door crasher" prices.

I had thought about lining up early in the morning Boxing Day to make sure I got one before they sold out, since I knew that many stores ran out of 16 GB units during the Black Friday sale, but I went to a Telus store late Christmas Eve to make sure I really wanted to buy one and the clerk told me they were on sale for $150. That wasn't right, it was $199 and he didn't have any in stock after he checked, so I got the 32 GB for $249 instead. It was really more than my budget, but I don't regret it. I already have it half filled with stuff.
    01-06-12 01:31 PM
    Where this is sold in Canada, is there any problem if I live in Maine?
    01-06-12 02:09 PM
    Where this is sold in Canada, is there any problem if I live in Maine?
    Why not just buyfrom shopblackberry.com
    01-06-12 02:53 PM
    Dear Mr. Young,

I keep getting this...

For unknown reasons your order failed and will only be reinstated by following the instructions below.
    As part of an industry standard fraud detection system, some orders that were placed with ShopBlackBerry for the recent BlackBerry PlayBook promotion were flagged as being a high-risk transaction. Customers who received these notices can contact ShopBlackBerry via email at orders@shopblackberry.com, quoting their order number, and ShopBlackBerry will assist them with working through their order. All legitimate orders that have been placed within the promotional period will be honored.
    Thank you for contacting ShopBlackberry.com
    We offer different payment options to customers that have had their orders cancelled due to being flagged as high risk. If you are going to be sending a wire transfer please email the transfer reference number from your bank, the date it was sent, the total amount of transfer and the product itís for (SBB979626763179). You may also call in and provide this information. Please allow 2-3 business days for funds to be cleared before order is reinstated.
    01-06-12 02:59 PM
    Wire transfer charge within the greater America is $25. Go for it if you think it is justified.
    I cancel mine already.
    01-06-12 03:13 PM
    Damn....wish I had my $100 Gift Card on me right now, the one they gave me by mistake when I bought my wife's 32Gb PlayBook this summer when it was $200 off. I bought mine in May at full price, although I did get 13% off, which covered the taxes.

If I use that $100 Gift Card tomorrow, I won't feel so bad about paying full price on my PlayBook. LOL !
    01-06-12 04:11 PM
    LOL... tried to buy direct at ca.shopblackberry.com (where, yes, they DO have the 64GB on for $299). Kept throwing a "can't verify billing address" error.

Fortunately, thesource.ca matched the price, and they'll ship to my neighborhood store for free.

So, that's the fourth PB sale I'm responsible for. For a 64GB that was just too good to pass up.
    01-06-12 05:13 PM
    sorry but i'm no college grad of business but what doesn't make sense is why futureshop would do this just one week after the 32 gig for 249? last time i asked they have a 2 week no questions asked return policy, so how many of you out there myself included are taking there 32 back tomorrow and paying the extra for a 64??? it only makes sense!
    keith
    01-06-12 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD