Hello guys,

I won a playbook 32G in the got-game port-a-thon, been loving it except for two little annoyances:

1. Internet is required to setup the device after a wipe.
    2. Wipe removes EVERYTHING except the browser (the reason I'm writing this thread)

Although I am not bothered much by 1 as I have un-metered internet access near me throughout my entire day, However the 2 irritates the **** out of me. Not only do i have to download ~300M of data, I have lost all the default media that came with the device (Blame my OCD). I know you guys can't help me with 1 at all, What about 2 however, Anyone still rocking default data (wallpapers/video/music etc.. and/or anything else that i might have not seen).
    03-04-13 10:29 AM
    The only things you lose, I think, are the PB wallpapers and the HD demo video. Links to both have been posted on this forum, though, so a search and a little effort should allow you the install these on your PB.
    Shantanu Gupta likes this.
    03-04-13 10:38 AM
    Thanks, will look for that. The reason i posted was because i wasn't even sure about the default media, thanks for clarifying though!
    03-04-13 10:47 AM
    I think If you do a debrick it should return all the default media and apps. Another big download though.

Connect the PB to desktop manager with USB and hit restart on the PB. Sometime between shutdown and restart you will see a popup on the PC with an option to repair. That will wipe and return to factory defaults I believe.
    03-04-13 11:49 AM