http://n4bb.com/7041/new-blackberry-...N4BB+(N4BB.COM)
    ok at first i was like ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu but then i was like ohhh its just the 10inch one.
    Are you still excited with that BlackBerry PlayBook you just bought? If you’re not for some odd reason, we’re happy to inform you that there will soon be a second option. We’ve received a few new details on the BlackBerry PlayBook 2 from one of our sources. Yes, that mythical 10-inch variant we’ve heard rumors about. We can confirm that the PlayBook 2 will definitely sport a 10-inch screen, with possibly a higher resolution. Also confirmed are the following:

Black & white colored models
    SIM card slot
    4G/WiFi only, no 3G version
    Thinner frame around screen
    Able to connect to BES without BlackBerry Bridge
    RIM should also update QNX by the time the PlayBook 2 releases, with the update bringing native e-mail, calendar, and other standard BlackBerry apps. We’ll keep digging for info and hope to soon have more. We didn’t hear a release date, but it has been rumored to possibly be during the Holiday season of 2011. Does the 10-inch screen sound more appealing to you than the current 7-inch version? Sound off in the comments, and keep it locked to N4BB for more PlayBook 2 info.
    it looks like they are going after ipad big time with a white and black version. i kinda hope they don't do serperate os versions and ignore us 7"ers.
    Last edited by drethos; 05-31-11 at 03:12 PM.
    05-31-11 03:06 PM
    I figured a 10" was coming when I bought my 7" and I figured a 10" would have a higher resolution screen. No worries there.

What I don't like is I keep seeing it referred to as Playbook 2. If it has new features/hardware already, I will be pissed. 6 month lifespan is crap. I didn't get Android for a reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    gods84 likes this.
    05-31-11 03:33 PM
    I like the size of the 7" tablet, but this looks rather intriguing. Depending on it's price point and build quality, I may have to get the 10" version.
    05-31-11 03:36 PM
    I figured a 10" was coming when I bought my 7" and I figured a 10" would have a higher resolution screen. No worries there.

What I don't like is I keep seeing it referred to as Playbook 2. If it has new features/hardware already, I will be pissed. 6 month lifespan is crap. I didn't get Android for a reason.

well i wouldn't care if they put a bigger hd in it i mean, bigger device means more space right :P. i hope its nothing more then a big version of the 7" playbook with the same os, same cpu, same ram, just bigger. but yeagh any hardware changes would irritate me. except the screen i mean that is a given. the picture there is not the 10" playbook its just file version of what looks like a beta playbook.
    Last edited by drethos; 05-31-11 at 03:40 PM.
    05-31-11 03:38 PM
    I wouldn't think that the OS system would be any different. The thing about QNX is that it is almost infinitely scaleable. Program applications can simply be downloaded and run on any type of processor with the microkernel of the OS simply allocating resources.
    05-31-11 03:52 PM
    The 10 inch playbook looks pretty cool! I kind of wish i would of waited a bit and jumped on that. I too really hope its just a bigger version. If RIM added specs than i would be REALLY disappointed about spending $650 on something that is outdated in a matter of weeks.
    05-31-11 03:59 PM
    Depending on it's price point and build quality, I may have to get the 10" version.
    This is really the problem. If you really want to compete head-to-head with the iPad, then you have to match it on price. But you already matched it with the 7-inch. So, do you reduce the price of the 7-inch model, cut into margins and price the 10-inch the same as the iPad, or, do you price the 10-inch higher than the 7-inch and the iPad models? Or, do you price it at the same point as the 7-inch, and let people wonder why the 7-inch and 10-inch models are priced the same despite drastically different sizes?
    howarmat likes this.
    05-31-11 04:01 PM
    This is really the problem. If you really want to compete head-to-head with the iPad, then you have to match it on price. But you already matched it with the 7-inch. So, do you reduce the price of the 7-inch model, cut into margins and price the 10-inch the same as the iPad, or, do you price the 10-inch higher than the 7-inch and the iPad models? Or, do you price it at the same point as the 7-inch, and let people wonder why the 7-inch and 10-inch models are priced the same despite drastically different sizes?
    My guess is that the 7" models will be reduced in price. If not, the new 10" model will need a considerable facelift in terms of functionality to justify a higher price than the iPad2.
    05-31-11 04:07 PM
    As long as the difference is superficial, I'm ok with a 10" version. If RIM ditches the 7" PB and its users, then I'm done with RIM for good, hopefully it won't come to that as I love my PB.
    05-31-11 04:08 PM
    I wouldn't think that the OS system would be any different. The thing about QNX is that it is almost infinitely scaleable. Program applications can simply be downloaded and run on any type of processor with the microkernel of the OS simply allocating resources.
    why i said that is android has honeycomb, froyo, and gingerbread. the xoom has a different os then the galaxy tab. im just hoping they start playing it like apple with one os for all devices. keeps updates the same and easier to roll out.
    05-31-11 04:25 PM
    that was my exact thoughts too when i heard a about the 10" PB a month ago.
    05-31-11 04:38 PM
    As long as the difference is superficial, I'm ok with a 10" version. If RIM ditches the 7" PB and its users, then I'm done with RIM for good, hopefully it won't come to that as I love my PB.
    yeah. i don't want a 10" tablet. if they release a 10" i don't care. if they include software improvements without releasing the same as a software upgrade for the 7" tablet, i agree, i may very well abandon RIM as well.
    05-31-11 04:42 PM
    The article is PURELY hypothetical.

There has been no RIM press release.
    The article only references unnamed sources
    (IE: TROLLS)

Anyone can come up with any idea they want ...
    On this forum there have been many superior ideas that can have a second life as RIM 'rumor'

RIM rumors are often MANY years ahead of any release ..
    and, the said product may look nothing like the rumor.

Pass the grain of salt.
    Last edited by mandony; 05-31-11 at 04:53 PM.
    05-31-11 04:45 PM
    The article is PURELY hypothetical.

There has been no RIM press release.
    The article only references unnamed sources (IE: TROLLS).

RIM rumors are often MANY years ahead of any release .. and the said product looks nothing like the rumor.
    ok i didn't post it as official i just thought it was interesting. for all we know we could see it 6 months or 3 years down the road. for all we know n4bb may have everything wrong maybe its a 30" tablet.
    05-31-11 04:50 PM
    Sorry drethos, I respect you posting the article link.
    I am solely upset with web 'articles' who are not reliable sources.
    Last edited by mandony; 05-31-11 at 05:17 PM.
    05-31-11 04:56 PM
    I don't think they're going to do much until next year with new hardware, as that's when the quad-core A15 CPUs will be widely available.
    05-31-11 04:58 PM
    I remember when I bought my original iPhone, $699 I think it was, only for apple to slash the price by $200 3months after the launch. That sucked. They gave all current owners a $100 gift card because of the backlash, but still. If RIM drop the price of the 7" so close to it launch I hope they'll offer existing owners a gift card (or something) too. I returned my PB with the intention of buying another as app development advances, if the price drops to $399 i'll be all over it regardless of where the apps currently are.

05-31-11 04:58 PM
    The 7 can be increased in size by a simple HDMI cable. The 10 doesn't get smaller.
    05-31-11 05:19 PM
    ok i didn't post it as official i just thought it was interesting. for all we know we could see it 6 months or 3 years down the road. for all we know n4bb may have everything wrong maybe its a 30" tablet.
    I heard that the ipad3 is going to have a 48" screen and cup holders.
    05-31-11 05:27 PM
    That's pretty weak. Not everone is happy with a small 7" screen & they certainly don't want to have to plug it into a monitor only to have to STILL poke at a 7" screen! For millions of users 10" has proven to be perfect. There's a market for both so that no one has to compromise.

The 7 can be increased in size by a simple HDMI cable. The 10 doesn't get smaller.
    05-31-11 05:27 PM
    Why so combative? He's not criticizing your PlayBook.

I heard that the ipad3 is going to have a 48" screen and cup holders.
    05-31-11 05:29 PM
    The icups which are rather specific in design are sold separately.
    05-31-11 05:38 PM
    I don't want an LTE PlayBook. I want an LTE BlackBerry with hotspot. I refuse to sign anymore contracts with Verizon. A BlackBerry with hotspot is a pipe dream so I'll settle for tethering.
    05-31-11 05:44 PM
    LTE playbook battery life is gonna suck compared to the wifi one...
    05-31-11 06:04 PM
    rim is not stupid, its not going to be playbook. It will be just a biiger screen and 4g radio. thats all. all the other rumors are ridiculous. Rim is a company not an insane asylum, they know how to make business descisions and not **** of the customers.
    05-31-11 08:18 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD