The last several weeks I have noticed an issue with playback of all YouTube videos on my PlayBook that doesn't seem to occur with other sites.

This occurs on my home Wi Fi system and I have tested performance in the same room the router is located in.

At about 15- 20 seconds of playback the video stops.

I am not sure where to start troubleshooting as I can watch videos on Vimeo with no problem.

Suggestions?
    08-08-13 08:12 PM
    The last several weeks I have noticed an issue with playback of all YouTube videos on my PlayBook that doesn't seem to occur with other sites.

This occurs on my home Wi Fi system and I have tested performance in the same room the router is located in.

At about 15- 20 seconds of playback the video stops.

I am not sure where to start troubleshooting as I can watch videos on Vimeo with no problem.

Suggestions?
    I also experience this. with the stock browser only
    08-08-13 08:19 PM
    Do you have Stereotube? It's a pay app. It works better than the stock youtube.
    08-08-13 08:29 PM
    How are you trying to watch the YouTube vids on your PB, through the stock Browser, the YouTube app, or otherwise? There are a number of ways to watch YouTube on your PB.
    08-08-13 10:30 PM
    I too am having trouble with YouTube the past few days. I normally watch in the native browser. A few days ago I downloaded Origami and was using that, but I had the same issues - videos would jump, restart or just plain stop altogether. Now that I think about it, the trouble started about the same time that the Google search page started defaulting to the mobile page. I don't know if it's related.
    08-09-13 02:35 AM
    Liked mentioned earlier. Use Stereo Tube, never had a issue. Great app!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:57 AM
    Hmmm, curious about Stereotube. I may have to try it out. Any advantages over the stock app or sideloaded version? I find the search results in the stock app leave something to be desired; does Stereotube's search work well?

I haven't tested Youtube in the browser yet, but sounds like a global issue.
    Last edited by mh1983; 08-09-13 at 07:23 AM.
    08-09-13 07:03 AM
    I use stock app. No problem unless I use the slide bar to move forward and back a couple of times, then it blanks and I need to reload.
    08-09-13 11:37 AM
    I often have issues with YouTube in the stock browser between videos randomly not starting (or stopping after starting) or the page just not loading properly in the first place.. I'm not certain if it's an issue with the browser alone or a combination of issues but the nearest I can figure, the browser is having some sort of issue with the ad serving thet Google/YouTube are using. The video seems to panic the most when there's a video ad run before the requested video and glitches when it's a banner ad in the lower 3rd. I suspect that the PB is not playing nicely with the ad server resulting in issues..
    08-09-13 12:20 PM
    I'm the developer of StereoTube and I can assure you that StereoTube's search function works fine
    08-15-13 10:10 AM
    Wow! I just downloaded Stereotube from BlackBerry World for $2... worth all 200 pennies!

I enjoy watching and listening to music videos, mostly from YouTube. A little tired of the limited artist & song selection on Vevo.

I like the way the search function on Stereotube seems to find the "good" videos and the audio is very good if you just want to listen.

Posted via CB10
    andrei_avram likes this.
    08-15-13 11:22 AM
    I just watched Le Mans (with Steve McQueen, Full Length movie) on You Tuber all the way through without a single hitch night before last using "stock" browser and did not experience any issues.
    But I didn't see any "popup ads" during the movie.
    64gb WiFi PB.
    Good movie, brought back memories....
    C
    08-15-13 11:51 AM
    StereoTube is not available for PlayBook... only for BB10 devices... am I missing something?
    08-16-13 12:38 AM
    StereoTube is not available for PlayBook... only for BB10 devices... am I missing something?
    Yeah Josh, I think you are...
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook and YouTube-img_00000503.jpg  
    08-16-13 04:36 PM
    Something is missing in my PlayBook's BlackBerry World... but I can search it in Z10 (BB10) BlackBerry World...

Posted via Z10
    08-16-13 10:11 PM
    I just downloaded stereo tube on both z10 and playbook. It definitely is great on playbook I have used it all day without any glitches or stoppage as I have grown accustomed on stock browser. Well worth the money

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-17-13 11:14 AM
    Sorry to hear that, Josh.

Sometimes when I'm out of the country, such as in M�xico, I find that BB World doesn't have all the same options. Not sure why... perhaps some obscure licensing/legal issue.

Where are you located?
    08-17-13 04:14 PM
    I'm now in Middle East...

But the weird part is, it is available in BB10 BlackBerry's World...

Posted via Z10
    08-17-13 09:00 PM
    I'm now in Middle East...

But the weird part is, it is available in BB10 BlackBerry's World...

Posted via Z10
    Like I said earlier, BBW has some regional issues like this - no point trying to troubleshoot it - just download it when you get home.

And BTW, I wonder if Andrei is still watching this thread...

If so, there is a query in another forum he might want to chime in on...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post9026330
    08-18-13 11:44 AM
    For those having trouble with YouTube playing on th stock browser at home, make sure you select the play rate before playing the video. If on "auto" (the default setting), the streaming play rate can drop to 140p and the flash player on the PlayBook won't play at that rate. In fact, the video appears to continue to load but won't play even if you reset the play rate a that point. Sometimes, I have to refresh the page and set the video rate to get the video to play properly.

You have to go to 240p or higher. How high you go depends on the speed of your home connection.

I experienced the same problem with StereoTube. Again, once I set the streaming rate to at least 240p, there was no problem going forward until the next video when the streaming rate reset to "auto". Again, this is a problem with the PlayBook's Flash player and not StereoTube
    Last edited by Enyigma; 08-18-13 at 10:02 PM.
    08-18-13 09:51 PM
    I'm watching the thread
    StereoTube should be available for sale all over the world.. You might try to use a US or UK proxy, they work very well and trick App World to believe you are in another country (PlayBook only)

The next update to StereoTube on PlayBook will let you use the quality you like on all videos (like StereoTube on BB10).
    Also you should know that YouTube's player is very flawed, not PlayBook's Flash Player. They don't fix anything on it, despite the many bugs I reported..Google doesn't seem to like BB at all, unfortunately
    08-19-13 08:39 AM
    I purchased the "StereoTube for YouTube Mp3 Movie" from (my Z10) BB10's BlackBerry World so I can download it to my PlayBook... and as expected, it is available for download...

BUT, how in a world it becomes 263MB in PlayBook's BlackBerry World when it is only 2.2MB download size (or 3.9MB installation size) from BB10's BlackBerry World!?!...

And in the end, "this item is not supported by your current device profile"...
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook and YouTube-stereotube_01.jpg   PlayBook and YouTube-stereotube_02.jpg  
    08-23-13 01:20 AM
    There's two separate apps. One for PlayBook and one for BB10. The app for both are fantastic . Any issues the developer responds extremely quickly.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:10 PM
    Downloaded Stereotube last night and watched some videos. Playback wasn't perfect as some still stopped, but it was a huge improvement. Also, it will take a bit of time to get used to the difference in page layout from Youtube, but that isn't as big a deal as the constant freezing during play that I was experiencing. Hopefully, other vendors will still do some development for the PB as it appears that PB performance can be improved. $2 for this much improvement is a real bargain.
    08-29-13 09:34 AM
    It's great to read about the alternative way to watching streamed videos using the stock PB browser, however, I'd be most interested in finding a solution without a need for another app. Here's my story...

Vimeo.com videos simply won't work on my PB. It looks like only the first 10 seconds of the video gets downloaded, and then the video crashes and I get a nice error message saying "There was an error receiving video data. There server may have stopped sending. Please try to restart the video or check your network connection". Have tried playing different videos on Vimeo.com, same result :-(

Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook and YouTube-img_00000736.png  
    11-23-13 12:29 AM
27 12