As has already been mentioned, there is a high level of threads on here of complaints and/or problems with the PlayBook. This isn't a clear indicator of problems, but could be explained because people are mainly coming here for help with their issues and people without problems don't start threads just to say that things are fine. Well this is that thread.

I at least want to provide a thread for people that AREN'T having issues and DON'T have any complaints. This isn't for bragging purposes, but simply to balance the overwhelming number of other posts so that the late adopters know that there are people out there that aren't pulling their hair out and regretting the purchase. Conversely, this isn't a thread for those with problems to air them out either, go find another thread if you are having issues and need help and/or start your own if it's a new problem.

So if you just got your new PlayBook, and you aren't having problems with the set-up, bridge, etc, then let everyone know which size you got, that you're happy with the product, and are looking forward to many hours of portable productivity.

I got a 16gb and a 32 gb and I've had no problems with the set-up. Went flawless and I'm having a blast!
    Gucci33, meganVee, juched and 4 others like this.
    04-19-11 01:46 PM
    so far so good everything is going smooth bridge downloaded in seconds and everything is great!
    04-19-11 01:52 PM
    Got my 32Gb Playbook this morning. Set up went flawlessly, including the Bridge, which is working great. Battery life is also excellent (did a full charge before disconnecting), downloaded some free apps from the store.

Still need to sync my media (music, videos, etc.) but so far everything has worked exceptionally well. This is a very solid, well built and functional tablet - well done RIM, for the first time out of the gate! Now the wait is on for additional apps that will round out the user experience.

** Update **

Had a couple of starts/stops getting the media sync to work via the Desktop Manager. Had previously downloaded the update to Desktop Manager, but when I connected via USB and tried to sync my media (mostly music) I kept getting error message. Tried a few things including turning file sharing security password off, etc. Then did a complete reboot of computer (Win 7) and the Playbook, and this time things worked fine. I suspect that rebooting the PC did the trick. Can't remember if I rebooted after I updated Desktop Manager or not.

Still think this is an awesome device - just not 'flawless' anymore... :-)
    Last edited by asherwiin; 04-19-11 at 03:25 PM.
    04-19-11 01:52 PM
    Maybe you should all play the lottery today.
    Someone is sad did your ice cream cone fall on the floor? I've already seen a few of these comments from you in other threads. If your not having any issues with your pb then post something positive in this thread. If you are having issues, or don't have a pb at all then maybe your in the wrong thread? Sorry if this hurts your feelings....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    meganVee, narci, bquinney and 1 others like this.
    04-19-11 01:59 PM
    To those with good setups, did you plug in the playbook when you set it up?
    04-19-11 01:59 PM
    I got a 16 gb. No problems here. Even with att trying to rain on my parade. Thanks to the forums for helping with that.
    04-19-11 02:02 PM
    I did have it plugged in. Setup went fast and smooth. No problems so far, and in fact VERY impressed.

The one thing that stands out to me the most is the multitasking. This thing is an absolute TANK. I can have 20 windows / apps open with no noticable lag / slow downs. Awesome.
    04-19-11 02:03 PM
    Yes - just like the instructions said...
    meganVee likes this.
    plugged in
    64GB, it's running smoooooth. Just do OTA setup initially... no plugging in.
    Maybe some units are not fully charged to do the updates etc? I will plug mine in when I do it.
    04-19-11 02:05 PM
    I just walked into an Office Max and paired up my Storm2. That is the coolest thing I have ever played with. Pulled up a video, had NFS going, pulled up crackberry, and even showed the rep some of the "gestures" that Kevin taught us in his video.

Man I don't NEED a tablet, but it's very tempting.
    04-19-11 02:05 PM
    Mine is working great! no issues, can't wait to get home so I can play with it more!
    04-19-11 02:08 PM
    Everything went very smooth this morning, only took about 25 minutes for it to be completely set up and bridged with my Torch
    04-19-11 02:08 PM
    No issues here on my 32GB. Had a lil stumble with the Bridge, but its all good now.
    04-19-11 02:09 PM
    works great for me as well, i also did an ota upgrade no plugin, no problem!!
    04-19-11 02:12 PM
    My playbook is working great! Very happy with the purchase
    04-19-11 02:14 PM
    I think some people are using the term "plug in" to refer to a wall outlet and others are using it to refer to the desktop manager. To be clear, in my case, I plugged it into the wall, but used the OTA update...

EDIT: Oh, and mine works fine. It doesn't do everything I want it to do (yet), but the things it does- it does very well.
    Last edited by nextlevel88; 04-19-11 at 02:18 PM.
    04-19-11 02:16 PM
    Yeah the wall plug in will be more power and should be used.
    04-19-11 02:18 PM
    Bridge has been running flawlessly since setting it up with a few tries at the beginning. OS is responsive and fast for me. Browser is great as well over wifi.
    04-19-11 02:22 PM
    Im loving this thing so fast and amazing i cant wait to leave work and plug it in to get my music and pic on it. Such a easy setup.
    04-19-11 02:29 PM
    64GB here, no problems at all. Its running silky smooth, and even the people in my office who were skecptical are now very impressed...
    04-19-11 02:34 PM
    same here... loving the screen and know future updates will fix the small issues...
    04-19-11 02:39 PM
    Nothing to complain. Hardware feels real good. Software runs smooth. Internet tethering works. Flash seems to work well for a mobile device (tested roche-bobois.com Flash heavy site.)

Not big issue so far.

Will stress test it more with time and usage.

Only minor thing: auto date/time set up doesn't seem to work? I had to manually adjust it.
    04-19-11 02:39 PM
    But for the GD bridge, I'm happy!
    04-19-11 02:40 PM
152 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD