We just got our third and fourth PlayBook this weekend, while there was a great sale at walmart. Unfortunately one of them is acting....goofy. The unit goes into standby as expected, but a bezel-to-bezel swipe will not wake it up. Sometimes I can get it to look like it is awake with the power button, but then no touch screen gestures seem to work, and the screen is in a constant up and down wiggle.

I have done a hard reboot twice, as well as a regular restart, no luck in fixing it yet. I may do a debrick next. This is a 32gb, running 2.0.1.358

Anyone else run across this?

09-09-12 11:49 PM
    Return it. It sounds like it is defective.
    If they refuse to take it back, get RIM to RMA it.
    I don't think they'll refuse though, its clearly not something that you've done to cause it to be like that.
    09-10-12 12:52 AM
    We just got our third and fourth PlayBook this weekend, while there was a great sale at walmart. Unfortunately one of them is acting....goofy. The unit goes into standby as expected, but a bezel-to-bezel swipe will not wake it up. Sometimes I can get it to look like it is awake with the power button, but then no touch screen gestures seem to work, and the screen is in a constant up and down wiggle.

I have done a hard reboot twice, as well as a regular restart, no luck in fixing it yet. I may do a debrick next. This is a 32gb, running 2.0.1.358

May or may not be relevant .... how much battery life was left when you had trouble waking it back up?
    09-10-12 03:53 AM
    No, it's a fair question - battery life was over 80% when it started acting up. I will try the debrick tonigh and if that fails return it to walmart for a new one. Will post results...
    09-10-12 10:16 AM
    No luck. Debrick didn't work. Logged a ticket with RIM...
    09-11-12 11:53 PM
    Most Walmarts have a 30 day return policy at least in Canada... had to replace a defective IPod with no issue....
    09-12-12 12:04 AM

I had my playbook since the day it came out and for the past 2 weeks i've been having the exact same problem. What you should do is if you have a blackberry phone bridge to the playbook use the remote control to wake up your playbook.
    09-23-12 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD