I am a new playbook owner. Two web sites had videos that would not play (Bloomberg and New York Times). The first returned a message "not available for your device"; the later brought up a picture of a chain link fence. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks
    12-15-11 07:53 PM
    I had the same problem after the last update that almost all flash videos would not work. The problem went away after the 3. reset so i would advise you to do the same. If it doesnt work after the first try then turn off your playbook and then turn it back on, dont use the reset button.
    ALM111 likes this.
    12-16-11 03:04 AM
    thanks, reloaded a couple of times and it seems to have done the trick.
    12-17-11 11:08 AM
    I've also been getting the 'chain link fence' when trying to view videos through the web browser. once was when i was streaming the live feed for an NHL game from rogersondemand.com, and then again on a couple of videos on youtube.

Rebooting the pb several times didn't help.

Does anyone know the specific conditions thar cause the video playback to fail and the chain link fence to appear? Even better....does anyone know a fix?

i have a 64gb pb, running the latesr official os and have been having this issue over wifi.
    12-20-11 02:42 AM
    I am having the same exact issue. It's really quite annoying because I got the PB for the ability of it to run flash off the Internet.
    12-22-11 01:54 PM
    I have the same issue. Youtube gets chain link fence
    12-29-11 09:36 PM
    Are you tethered or running wifi? If tethered you wont be able to play flash videos because you are running off the phones internet plan and the site will read it is an BB mobil device and thus wont run flash.
    12-29-11 11:12 PM
    I've been running primarily on wifi.
    12-30-11 04:39 PM
    Are you tethered or running wifi? If tethered you wont be able to play flash videos because you are running off the phones internet plan and the site will read it is an BB mobil device and thus wont run flash.
    Bingo!

Turning off Bluetooth and restarting the browser fixed it. No more chain link fence.

The odd thing is that I've viewed some videos over a Bluetooth connection before. Maybe it depends on how you initially connect with the browser?!?
    01-06-12 11:23 PM
    So I am not able to view Comedy Network Videos of the Colbert Report and The Daily Show. I have been doing this tethered with my blackberry phone, and after seeing your post, realize that this may be the issue why I am not able to watch them now. The weird thing is, I can tether my laptop to my phone, and they work in Iexplore browser, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on the playbook tethered.

Any suggestions to fix this issue other than hooking up via wifi?

Thanks
    01-02-13 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD