Hi,
    I have a problem with my PB 64GB. I bought it 1,5 years ago without any problem until recently. Last week my PB was dead because I forgot to charge it. Then I charged it to 100%. But then I couldn't charge it again, it simply didn't charge, and the battery continued to deplete till 0%.

Whenever I tried to charge it this happened:
    1. The LED indicator turns to red for 4-5 seconds.
    2. Then a "Battery Icon" appears for another 4-5 seconds.
    3. Then the screen turns black (off?) for about 2 minutes.
    4. Then suddenly it shows the boot screen with "Blackberry Playbook" with color changing background for 2-3 minutes, and then died completely.

I have tried:
    1. Stack charging (plug-unplug the charger for 20 times)
    2. Update the OS (DM can detect my PB, and offer to upgrade, but when it finished, the same thing happened again)

So, anyone have experienced the problem? Please help
    08-10-13 08:05 AM
    Lots of others have had similar problems, just don't know whether they were able to revive their units. Some have suggested openkng the back and disconnecting the batteries.

You will find lots of threads on the blinking red light of doom but I haven't seen anyone report back if they have got it back working.

Wish you luck
    08-10-13 08:20 AM
    Some folks have continued stack charging for more than an hour.

Others have just plugged in the charger and left it alone for a day or more.

How old? Warranty?

Someone just guilted bb into fixing it beyond warranty.
    08-10-13 09:52 AM
    My PB is about 1.5 years old, so the warranty has expired

So, I think my last option is to open the battery, and try a jump start..
    08-11-13 09:21 AM
    Mine, still dead. Not yet 'jump start' though.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:33 AM
    Well I suppose I should be glad someone else is having this same problem.
    Although mine hasn't gone dead it won't charge past 40% at once so I stack charge. Not sure if jump starting it is something I want to try on my own.
    08-14-13 11:11 AM
    People have reported that the rapid charger has worked to bring dead units back to life. I think the stock charger is crap.
    08-14-13 11:14 AM
    People have reported that the rapid charger has worked to bring dead units back to life. I think the stock charger is crap.
    I've had one of two things happen.

1. Common: the stock charger is plugged in upside down and bends the charging pin so that a plugged in device never actually charges. My mom, my aunt and my cousin all managed to do this. Design flaw. I bent it back and it worked. Because the stand connects differently, the device will still charge.

2. Happened once: For some reason, my disk got corrupted. I plugged it into the computer by USB and desktop manager automatically repaired and it was like new.
    08-14-13 12:05 PM
    I have been using the rapid charger for nine months now.
    Update on charging: my PlayBook is now down to 11% despite it "charging " for the last 20 minutes. I'm now at the point where I might just tackle jumping it.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:55 PM
    I have to clean my rapid charger often. When its tarnished it will give a lightning bolt over the battery but won't charge. I clean the contacts with wooden toothpicks and it works for a couple months. You can usethe toothpicks on both the charger and PB. When they stop turning black its clean.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-14-13 05:21 PM
    I have two brand new rapid charger that still won't bring my PB to life. Does anybody know how to prevent the PB from 'auto boot' when we plugged in the charger?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:17 PM
    Seems I saw it somewhere. Maybe in the Toolkit.

http://www.troubleshootingtoolkit.co...?lang=1&id=223

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-14-13 08:38 PM
    I have two brand new rapid charger that still won't bring my PB to life. Does anybody know how to prevent the PB from 'auto boot' when we plugged in the charger?

Posted via CB10
    Rapid charger will not auto boot the playbook if it is right off, i.e.no glowing backlight behind the black screen. That means leaving it for one minute after the turn off action.
    08-15-13 03:13 AM
    Rapid charger will not auto boot the playbook if it is right off, i.e.no glowing backlight behind the black screen. That means leaving it for one minute after the turn off action.
    The behaviour of my PB is exactly the same as nightfox97 above.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:58 AM
    The behaviour of my PB is exactly the same as nightfox97 above.

Posted via CB10
    If the red battery icon appears whilst charging then there's an intermittent connection. That red battery icon says "Oi! you just disconnected the charger and I wasn't finished yet!" so if you didn't unplug the charger, it's got a bad connection - somewhere between the charge plug and the battery. It's usually the rubbish usb socket but it can be several other places.
    08-15-13 04:20 PM
    If the red battery icon appears whilst charging then there's an intermittent connection. That red battery icon says "Oi! you just disconnected the charger and I wasn't finished yet!" so if you didn't unplug the charger, it's got a bad connection - somewhere between the charge plug and the battery. It's usually the rubbish usb socket but it can be several other places.
    Ok, will try to clean it up again later today. I'm on rapid charger btw. Thanks dude.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 08:03 PM
    I know My replay very very late but this the best solve for this problem
    try to charge it by PC or MAC via USP
    coz the 5 volt in PC is stable try it
    12-21-13 01:07 AM
    What does mean USP? Sorry I am new to the playbook world.
    12-21-13 01:55 AM
    I guess it USB?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 08:05 AM