06-18-15 02:21 AM
34 12
tools
    also if you find the connection manager in the notifications area - you can mount the volume to connect to it. one of mine refuses to connect since I wiped it and this is the only way to get windows to see it.

right click on the icon - properties, connected devices, volumes.
    11-24-13 05:40 PM
    Use the BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 04:40 PM
    I started a similar thread not long after Windows 8 was released. Several other threads were started with similar problems. It showed me that the guys at BlackBerry were not listening to consumers with a big problem. Being able to link up with your desktop should be a no brainer experience and not require work arounds figured out by the great tech savy people at CrackBerry. Crackberrians are the best resource for the PlayBook - if you own a PB you need CB to get the most out of the experience.
    11-27-13 04:19 AM
    I found the fix for the problem. Credit goes to KidCaboose.

"
    First thing: In Windows Control Panel/Programs, click "Turn Windows features on or off". A list will load, make sure .NET framework 3.5 is checked.

Second thing: In the Windows Control Panel/Hardware and Sound, click "device manager", scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers, expand the tree, and you'll see a number of USB Root Hub entries. In each of their properties, under the Power Management tab, uncheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Second thing: With the PlayBook connected via USB, still in control panel/Hardware and Sound/device manager, scroll up to Network Adapters, and you should see a BlackBerry Device entry, with a hazard sign and exclamation mark, indicating the driver isn't properly installed. Right click and uninstall the driver, and then press the "scan for new hardware changes" button. The BlackBerry Device entry should return, hopefully this time properly installed. Opening BlackBerry Desktop Software at this point should allow you to connect to the PlayBook. To get it to appear in the Computers window, unplug the PlayBook, and reset both the PlayBook and the Computer. Once both have restarted, reconnect the two, and you should be prompted with the PlayBook password, and everything should work fine.
    "

from
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-8-pc-762017/
    Last edited by bchong56; 01-03-14 at 03:07 AM.
    12-08-13 04:15 PM
    go to settings,security and enable development mode(itl ask u to set a password) once enabled,it should connect to your pc and desktop software
    This solution worked like a charm on WinXP. Thanks alexsurpra. Have been trying to switch from BB Desktop to BB Link to manage both my Z10 and PB. Playbook was a real problem, but can connect now.
    12-29-13 01:53 AM
    1) Connect your PB to the laptop
    2) Go to Device Manager
    3) find the Blackberry Device with the yellow/danger icon
    4) Right-click then Uninstall
    5) Detach or unplug the PB from USB
    6) reconnect your PB to the laptop
    7) It works ! enjoy

-- ehsan
    03-25-14 07:35 AM
    how does that work? I also try but doesn't work !
    I believe they said to re-unstall the OS

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:39 PM
    For those who is still has this problems. I 've just found an easy way to make the Blackberry Desktop Software connects your playbook.
    My way is open the Services . find the service named Blackberry Device Manager and turn it on.
    Gook luck !!
    04-02-14 02:37 AM
    I have used this and it works.
    1. Turn wifi on your playbook
    2. Swipe down from the top and access Storage & Sharing
    3. In Storage & Sharing: The first section USB Connections - Tap" Automatically Detect"
    Lower down "File Sharing"- ON
    Enter password: Make sure you remember it. (I use 1234)
    4. Next on the left side of the tablet, under 'Storage & Sharing" you have "Security" tap on it
    5. In "Security" you have "Development Mode" Tap on it
    6. In Development "Use Development Mode" Tap ON (Enter password I used 1234)
    7. Plug your playbook into your computer using USB
    8. You should be able to see your Playbook in the files/drivers.
    9. You maybe asked to load the driver. I did. When done I was able to access my Playbook.

I hope it helps.
    06-18-15 02:21 AM
34 12