Hi

I recently wiped my pb using the standard security wipe method. However now it will no longer connect to my gmail, nor other media accounts(fb,yahoo,etc). Tried everything in manual setup with no progress. Has anyone experienced this?

Worse, if I try a friends account, it will find and sync with no issues...
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Grumblegrumble; 05-22-13 at 04:39 PM.
    05-22-13 04:28 PM
    Let me clarify. You can add an account (your friend's) which has never been on the pb and it will work? But you canNOT add your account which use to be on the pb? Can I ask what triggered the security wipe?

Have you attempted another security wipe? Or a Debrick (inquire if you need info)

How old? You might call tech support or warranty?
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    05-22-13 06:37 PM
    Hello,

Actually vice versa. My accounts work, my friends does not. I did the wipe n such because I am selling it to my friend. His gmail,fb and such will not at all connect (verified all credientials) to any of those.

Pb is roughly a year old,and I have not called support as of yet. I'm just stuck cause if I try to reuse my old account info, no problems.

Strange huh?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-13 07:01 PM
    And this is using Native Email? Yes, it is odd. I would think that the pb should not care if you add a second gmail account. I have not added mine back in ages. Has gmail changed anything? Pop3 or imap (of which I know nothing!)? Is he logged on to gmail? Compare his gmail account settings with yours on the web for differences? I don't have facebook and my yahoo is one of those non-pop3 accounts so I can't set it up.

Well, I just grabbed my 32gig which had NO accounts setup and I was able to add my gmail account. I see that its defaults were imap.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    05-22-13 09:09 PM
    And this is using Native Email? Yes, it is odd. I would think that the pb should not care if you add a second gmail account. I have not added mine back in ages. Has gmail changed anything? Pop3 or imap (of which I know nothing!)? Is he logged on to gmail? Compare his gmail account settings with yours on the web for differences? I don't have facebook and my yahoo is one of those non-pop3 accounts so I can't set it up
    Well, I just grabbed my 32gig which had NO accounts setup and I was able to add my gmail account. I see that its defaults were imap.
    Hey,

Thanks for the advice,

I figured out what was going on though, and this even helped the iphone problem not being able to connect native to my friends gmail account as well (as I learned)..

I went ahead and did a security wipe again just in case, updated the OS, and still ran into the same exact issue. Tried my gmail account, boom no problem...

So, Looking closer at my friends gmail account settings from the desktop. I found it was the 2-step notification process that was blocking the PB to connect, along with the iphone. Once I disabled and confirmed the two step verification process- Boom, both unit took the account immediately.

Once they both were connected, I attempted to re-enable the two step verification- Blocked and denied on both the PB and iphone..

So in short- it is/was the two step process that was blocking the accounts to connect. Why this also allowed FB to connect (being isolated) is beyond me. That DID work on the iphone with no issues. I do thank you for your responses.
    05-23-13 12:44 AM
    I've read something about the two-step verification but don't recall. I thought it had to be used where some folks were running into problems rather than "disabled" (for want of a better term). But I may not be recalling correctly. But glad you figured it out - too bad you are selling the pb, though!
    05-23-13 12:58 AM
    I've read something about the two-step verification but don't recall. I thought it had to be used where some folks were running into problems rather than "disabled" (for want of a better term). But I may not be recalling correctly. But glad you figured it out - too bad you are selling the pb, though!
    It was def a little strange considering it was also effecting the FB login when that has nothing to do with gmail.. who knows..

Trust me I dont WANT to sell it, but I need the cash- Moving away soon. I do plan on fully going after another one, maybe the 4G model, or if they do come out with a complete new one. My friend now has a job where he rocks a bold, and since bridge is crap on the new os 10- I just let it go for a fair dollar.

Thanks again F2
    05-23-13 01:03 AM
    Best of luck in the future.
    05-23-13 08:38 AM