Now that I have been playing with the Playbook for a day I have a few enhancements I would like to see and thought I would post this here for other people to list there idea.

Browser:
    Be able to rearrange bookmarks
    Import Bookmarks
    Better browser Identification
    Password Manager
    Multi Tasking within the browser so you can play pandora in one tab and browse in another.

Files:
    Pick file save locations
    We need a file manager for sure.
    Let us delete some of the wall papers I dont want taking up space.
    We should be able to rename icons and reorder them. So you can have a game
    app show up in the favorites folder if you want.

General:
    Autotext/autocorrect
    Spell check
    Some kind of network print option

Bridge:
    Should be able to send SMS texts through bridge.

I will add more as I think of them.
    Thanks mfldmike I didn't see that before.

Tip for everyone:
    I figured out a way to kind of get my bookmarks into the Playbook. I exported them from my desktop
    then copied and pasted into a MS word file and saved. I copied that into the Playbooks documents folder
    and opened it with word to go. It works and keeps the HTML links so all you have to do is tap the link and it opens a new browser window.
    Last edited by dfaris; 04-22-11 at 12:06 PM.
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    04-20-11 09:28 AM
    It does have the refresh button...in the address bar
    04-20-11 09:30 AM
    there is a refresh button, at the end of the address bar. i agree with the others + need more then 1 playlist in the music player.
    04-20-11 09:33 AM
    My biggest thing would be improved typing and auto-correct. Why can't I hold down a letter to capitalize it like on my Blackberry phone, etc? Hopefully they update this soon.
    leo1055 likes this.
    04-20-11 09:37 AM
    I would love the ability to access my media in the Bridge Files application. It just says "There are no files that can be opened in this application."
    So far I've only been able to successfully open Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files.

And at the least, be able to send files from my phone to the tablet via Bluetooth.
    04-20-11 09:37 AM
    Besides holding down a button to capitalize, it needs to insert a period at the end of a sentence when I hit the space bar twice like the Blackberry does. How did Rim miss this little item?
    04-20-11 09:40 AM
    Huh, those features I listed above work in emails via the Bridge - not in a forum.
    04-20-11 04:39 PM
    Small but annoying to me: make the 'number' key behave like on the Blackberry. I mean, unless I lock it, have it return to character mode once you press a key. Also make a 'lock' symbol appear when in caps lock so I know I can let go of the key.

CURSOR! Give us a way to easily position the cursor on screen. Even after just two days, I'm tired of that hit and miss when I try to position the frickin cursor.

Enable the GPS (if there is one).
    04-20-11 04:50 PM
    My thoughts:

Twitter and LinkedIn should have had a real app on launch;
    Really miss BBM on launch;
    Inside bridge, show seperate icons for BES and BIS email addresses like phone (how simple is this???);
    hit and miss on two spaces=one period in various apps
    Skype?
    TweetDeck would be huge!
    Bridge works fine, but no BBM and no native email apps is a pain
    notification LED would be good in sleep

Love the tethering!
    Great flash support
    Browser is awesome
    True multi-tasking in background (ie still running) is great!!
    04-20-11 04:55 PM
    So far, just make bridge somewhat faster and fully usable in emails, links etc.

Speed up web browser some, in some pages it keep "loading" with the blue bar and is slow. Page is usable and videos can play, just weird.

Yeah the typing is great in bridge but ok in the browsers. Thankfully it is still fast though, unlike the xoom the browser lags like ****.

I don't use it, but make web sites tat use video cameras use the front facing camera. That would be great for sites etc.

Spell check that suggests words.

Nor much else now....
    04-20-11 04:58 PM
    One thing I don't like is when you close something by swiping it away or x'ing it, I hate the the whole menu pops up. Much rather have it so it stays one row, or have us be able to pull it fully down as well.
    Last edited by jwn66; 04-20-11 at 05:10 PM.
    04-20-11 05:06 PM
    The iPad didn't have 'search within this page' button until last Fall which was stupid and Blackberry as far as I can remember always had this option and yet, the Playbook doesn't. In the browser, it's lacking the 'Back to top' button. It's annoying to have to swipe, swipe, swipe until you can reach the top of a page. Common RIM, we all know you rushed the Playbook out the doors but the slew of missing features is getting ridiculous. I keep finding new one!
    Last edited by sylvaing; 04-20-11 at 05:40 PM.
    04-20-11 05:37 PM
    Great suggestions above. I would like to add a couple more.

1) Stop reloading browser tabs when you click on other ones.
    2) When opening a new tab - Have an option to go to the new tab or load in the back ground. Why do I want to see the new tab load?? Opera mini does this, and so do the browsers on my pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 06:20 PM
    Besides holding down a button to capitalize, it needs to insert a period at the end of a sentence when I hit the space bar twice like the Blackberry does. How did Rim miss this little item?
    i know that is my biggest pet peave it does it in docs to go and bridge, just not browser
    04-20-11 06:38 PM
    Arrow Keys to move through text
    Auto Correct/Spell Check
    On screen Sleep button - this should be easy in software, the hard power button should just be a restart from crash

How about the ability to use your BB keyboard to type on the palybook? It's still better than typing on screen!
    04-20-11 06:49 PM
    Arrow Keys to move through text
    Auto Correct/Spell Check
    On screen Sleep button - this should be easy in software, the hard power button should just be a restart from crash

How about the ability to use your BB keyboard to type on the palybook? It's still better than typing on screen!
    yea, selecting text is not the easiest
    04-20-11 06:57 PM
    One thing I don't like is when you close something by swiping it away or x'ing it, I hate the the whole menu pops up. Much rather have it so it stays one row, or have us be able to pull it fully down as well.
    Yeah that is weird. I guess they give you the apps to run something else, but again this should just "stay put" and let me open the app drawer.
    04-20-11 07:00 PM
    ** MODS can we merger this thread with this one? **
    04-20-11 07:43 PM
    I'd love to see the native apps, obviously, and BBM through Bridge. I also want BB's apps in App World, like Travel, News and Protect. I'd also like to be able to charge quicker and at while powered off. Also, definitely need to be able to 'hide' homescreen icons. This REALLY bugs me. Also, be able to move and edit the names of Bookmarks in the browser.
    Last edited by laurah2215; 04-21-11 at 06:56 PM.
    04-21-11 06:23 AM
    I'd love to be able to surf the web while listening to steaming music from the browser at the same time. If you try to stream music and wanna open up a new tab to do some more interneting your music with automatically pause. The only way I've been abe to do this is by youing the wifi and the bridge browser at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 06:34 AM
    1 - Bring the universal search to PlayBook
    2 - Update "Word to Go" so it has at least the same functionality as the cell phone version (and hopefully better).
    3 - Update the "Bridged" view of emails (and the others) to allow the ability to click onto links. I find myself going back to the phone to answer some emails which kind of defeats the purpose.
    4 - Create a "back" button in App World from the myload tab load page. After downloading an app, I want to go back to where I left off and not start allover again.
    5 - Provide the ability to create your own folders so that my "All" interface doesn't become scroll intensive because of all the downloads. And while you're at it, allow me to hide some of these "out of the box" apps.
    6 - Of course, fix that keyboard so that it is better functional. BlackBerry set itself apart with the keyboard experience that RIM provided.
    7 - Allow the Bridge to access media files as well as the documents it provides for currently. That would be HUGE as it would be the next best thing to having removable storage.
    04-21-11 06:39 AM
    How about implementing it as a swipe from the lower right corner of the bezel since it isn't used for any gestures?
    04-21-11 07:56 AM
    In response to many people requesting a native email application There is an app called aMail which is awaiting approval for the app store. It supports up to 10 IMAP or POP3 accounts with quick setups for GMail, Yahoo and Hotmail Check out the thread for this app
    04-21-11 09:08 AM
    Orientation lock should be "one touch" activated.
    04-21-11 09:23 AM
    * Typing in languages other than English. Seems like a no-brainer must to me.
    * Minor thing: edit favorites in the browser (i.e. ability to modify the title of the favorite from default title like 'CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers' to something custom like 'CrackBerry')
    04-21-11 10:04 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD