Hi all,

Just bought a Playbook and am loving it! However, the wireless antenna strength seems significantly less than my laptop's built-in wireless-to the point where I can see and connect to three networks within a conference room with my laptop and can only see one (with weaker signal strength) on my Playbook. Likewise, at home with no obstructions I get one bar or less from 10 ft away.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening or ways around it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 02:03 PM
    I alway buy an extra high gain antenna and hook it up to my routers. The one I am using now is a honk'n big TP link one that I got for $12. I would recommend anyone whose router has antenna jacks to get one. Improves signal strength and speed big time.

I still get one or two bars on my PB from over 50 ft away through multiple walls.

This is the one I use now:

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...el=TL-ANT2408C
    Last edited by Madmackie; 10-13-12 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added link
    10-13-12 02:27 PM
    Rather than report the number of "bars", report the received signal strength. from the main screen, tap the green wifi icon. In the next screen, tap the wifi icon again. In the pulldown menu, select "wifi information." I am getting -46dBm at about 18 ft with one wall on the Playbook. I get -48dBm on my BB 9780.

The phone doesn't report a connection rate, but the Playbook reports 65Mbps.

For indoor use, most of the time signal quality is more important than signal strength. This is because there are many items indoors to reflect the signal causing multipath. Make sure the wifi router isn't near any metal.

Hey, am I the only person annoyed that tapatalk doesn't automatically capitalize the first letter of a sentence or use any other automatic Blackberry tricks?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 03:52 PM
    Hey, am I the only person annoyed that tapatalk doesn't automatically capitalize the first letter of a sentence or use any other automatic Blackberry tricks?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    No - there are at least two of us!
    10-13-12 05:09 PM
    Agree numbers are more informative than bars. Right now I am operating at -85 to -90 dBm and 65 Mbps about 40 feet and two walls from a little travel router. No bars- just the lttle green dot.
    10-13-12 08:43 PM
    Anyone ever get more then 65Mbps?
    10-14-12 07:18 AM
    My case: ipod>laptop>pb
    10-14-12 08:03 AM