11-07-13 04:49 PM
34 12
tools
    Omg the same thing happened to me aswell yesterday, my PlayBook just reset by it self ... Urghh I'm soo annoyed!!!!
    Sorry to hear that. I do wonder what might cause it. Did you install any new apps or sideload anything? Now one had access to your device and entered the wrong password too many times?

This is one reason why folks should definitely backup unique data that only exists on the pb. Most apps can be restored even if tedious.
    08-06-13 09:47 AM
    Just to show these are not 'one offs' - my playbook wiped itself yesterday !!

I should have seen it coming because there were some warning signs.

For about the past 4 weeks the screen has been acting strange - when I first switch on the Playbook behaved as though someone was touching the left hand side of the screen at random, this meant it was difficult to enter the password and then other commands on the keyboard because of random screen input interfering with my keyboard input. This usually settled down after I would wipe the screen all over several times with my bare hand (strange behaviour, obviously a fault, and I could find no similar reports on the internet - I doubt I would get any help from BB so I did not report it).

On a couple of occasions this behaviour resulted in incorrect passwords being registered whilst I was not even near the Playbook and one time I found the the 'BLACKBERRY' message (again when I was not even using the Playbook)

I have done backups in the past - but the connection to my Windows 8 computer started acting up some months ago so I have not got a recent backup.

Yesterday I was at my sons house and connecting to his WiFi (may or may not be significant) and it was working normally (still with the random inputs after switch on)

Also I did have some android Apps loaded that I loaded a while back - though not many and I don't often use them.

When I returned home last night and took out my Playbook - it had done a full reset and was asking for my Blackberry ID, Country etc and did a 300mb software download.

I can only assume that the random self generated screen inputs had caused multiple password failures and then a security reset

Is it time to give up with the Playbook ??
    10-10-13 06:13 AM
    Just to show these are not 'one offs' - my playbook wiped itself yesterday !!

I should have seen it coming because there were some warning signs.

For about the past 4 weeks the screen has been acting strange - when I first switch on the Playbook behaved as though someone was touching the left hand side of the screen at random, this meant it was difficult to enter the password and then other commands on the keyboard because of random screen input interfering with my keyboard input. This usually settled down after I would wipe the screen all over several times with my bare hand (strange behaviour, obviously a fault, and I could find no similar reports on the internet - I doubt I would get any help from BB so I did not report it).

On a couple of occasions this behaviour resulted in incorrect passwords being registered whilst I was not even near the Playbook and one time I found the the 'BLACKBERRY' message (again when I was not even using the Playbook)

I have done backups in the past - but the connection to my Windows 8 computer started acting up some months ago so I have not got a recent backup.

Yesterday I was at my sons house and connecting to his WiFi (may or may not be significant) and it was working normally (still with the random inputs after switch on)

Also I did have some android Apps loaded that I loaded a while back - though not many and I don't often use them.

When I returned home last night and took out my Playbook - it had done a full reset and was asking for my Blackberry ID, Country etc and did a 300mb software download.

I can only assume that the random self generated screen inputs had caused multiple password failures and then a security reset

Is it time to give up with the Playbook ??
    Sorry to read that. "NORMALLY" entry of the wrong password a certain number of times results in a special PROMPT screen where you are asked to type "Blackberry" to show that you are using the correct keys. So merely entering the wrong, I believe, should not wipe it without that one last intervention. But it does sound like some touchscreen or electronic issues were plaguing your pb. Good luck.
    10-10-13 09:10 AM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. My Playbook has not wiped itself since that one time when I changed the router.
    10-10-13 09:42 AM
    When you do the security wipe are your files actually wiped so that there is no recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-10-13 02:41 PM
    Think I got the answer from the KB article where it says that the data is erased.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-10-13 03:00 PM
    How good is BB Playbook WARRANTY

Would they consider my problem (screen generating inputs when no-one is near the Playbook) under Warranty ?

The device is Just over a year old (although the problem started just BEFORE it was a year old)

Any Ideas and how would I go about it ?
    10-11-13 06:09 AM
    Mine has just done the exactly the same thing. I am so annoyed. I was charging it and was also charging my BB bold. The Playbook was in its case and the Bold was on top of the PB. The only thing i can think of is the bold caused the PB to enter the pin and exceeded the security amount. EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!

Do i need to re-purchase my apps and pay for them again?
    11-07-13 04:44 PM
    Mine has just done the exactly the same thing. I am so annoyed. I was charging it and was also charging my BB bold. The Playbook was in its case and the Bold was on top of the PB. The only think i can thing of is the bold caused the PB to enter the pin and exceeded the security amount. EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!

Do i need to re-purchase my apps and pay for them again?
    As long as you sign in with the same BlackBerry ID you can redownload them without paying for them. But first restore the most recent backup you have. If you never backed up--well now you know to.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-07-13 04:49 PM
34 12