hey everyone,
    I want to do a quick wipe on my PB to give it a fresh start as I've never wiped it since I gotten it last year.

My question is. If I do a Backup then wipe it to clean it clean then do a restore, will it restore all my games, game saves, orphan folders from deleted apps, etc..?

I want to basically wipe it and just bring back my games and game saves. I always backup my photos and videos. I'll redownload my apps.

any advise would help.

Thanks & cheers
    10-15-12 09:14 PM
    forgot to ask.. anyone knows what the following options (in custom backup) include:
    - Application Data
    - Media
    - Settings

Thanks
    10-15-12 09:22 PM
    Short: Yes, it restores gamesaves for everything *except* sideloaded apps, android, native, or otherwise Those apps + gamesaves will be lost. App data includes all registered appworld installed or bundled in os apps plus their data folders.

I doubt your backup will work sans cleanup - if it fails hunt down my fixing backips threads.

Media is your music/vides and I believe all your my docs etc. But I back my entire folder structure up manually before anywas (for example, sometimes bqckups corrupt and wont finish loading).

Settings is just os settings (wifi profiles etc).
    Bash_Man likes this.
    10-15-12 10:25 PM
    Short: Yes, it restores gamesaves for everything *except* sideloaded apps, android, native, or otherwise Those apps + gamesaves will be lost. App data includes all registered appworld installed or bundled in os apps plus their data folders.

I doubt your backup will work sans cleanup - if it fails hunt down my fixing backips threads.

Media is your music/vides and I believe all your my docs etc. But I back my entire folder structure up manually before anywas (for example, sometimes bqckups corrupt and wont finish loading).

Settings is just os settings (wifi profiles etc).
    Thanks KermEd. I did a full backup of the PB and then wiped it. right now doing a OS Update. ODD that it wiped the OS updated too.

so just to clarify, if I go to my Backup file and do a restore only to App Data, it'll restore native games/games saves, native apps and "match" them up in Appworld?

what if I had downloaded an app before and the app creates a folder and leaves some files after I remove it. Does the App Data restore those too or if the app doesnt exist anymore, it gets rid of them?

Thanks
    10-15-12 10:33 PM
    I am almost certain it does not carry them to your device if the application is not valid to AppWorld. When you sideload an app, it goes exactly where the appworld apps go. When you backup/restore you lose the app. And reinstalling does not recover the data, suggesting it is gone after a wipe. And the associated folder is gone.

You can verify this by holding here on the PlayBook and opening the url in a new browser tab.

file:///apps/
    10-17-12 09:59 PM