So I'm I was talking and joking around with a professor, (to whom I am a TA). And he was telling me about the academic advantages of owning a Tablet. The conversation was more android specific as he owns a Toshiba Thrive and a LG Swift.

I was pointing out the advantages of a Playbook when it comes to bridge... and he was like: "Well, i have sync between my phone and my Tablet thanks to google accounts... etc" So basically he said bridge was good but not a big deal. I then explained that i dont need to go throu a server or having access on internet to get the sync and that the BB-PB communication is direct because of the bluetooth.

Then i had an incoming call and I had the notification on my tablet. he was impressed. Score! (1-0)

Then I showed him the videos of some of the new upcoming features with bridge. Score! Specially the remote control.

Then I loaded a video i had on my torch's sd card and played it on the playbook. Score!. He then started searching for apps on android market to do that. He only found a way to SEND the file to his tablet and THEN play it.

To counterattack. He showed me the USB port on his tablet and OTG mode WITHOUT HAVING TO ROOT OR HAVING AN ADAPTER. Score for him. (3-1).

He also showed me some good productivity apps on android that (i havent been able to convert from .apk to .bar) or that simply dont work on the android player on PB. (3-2)

Finally the wifi on the room went down. and I was still browsing (bridge) and showing videos and he couldnt get a page loaded. He said that tethering isnt supported by his carrier and his 2GB limited data plan isnt able to "share" internet as i can with bridge. (4-2)

Conclusion. He said : "fine your combo is better" YEAH!!!!

and i kept my job!!! lol!!
    Last edited by alekza; 02-10-12 at 10:39 AM.
    02-10-12 10:35 AM
    Cool you showed him. Hope he converts.
    02-10-12 10:38 AM
    how do i open files from my cellphone via bridge?
    02-10-12 10:59 AM
    'Bridge Files' in Blackberry Bridge
    drum likes this.
    02-10-12 11:09 AM
    I haven't tried this either... didn't know I could!

That's a nice little competition you had there... with great timing on the incoming call!
    02-10-12 11:09 AM
    How do you play a video on your phone on the pb? I thought it was pretty much limited to photos and doc/pdf type items.
    02-10-12 11:23 AM
    How do you play a video on your phone on the pb? I thought it was pretty much limited to photos and doc/pdf type items.
    I was wondering the same thing...
    02-10-12 11:25 AM
    I purchased a file manager app called FileBrowser some time ago, a while back i found out it also managed files on my BB... (copying, cutting, moving... etc)...

One day I was playing around with it and clicked on a video i had on my bb, and 30segs -1 min later.. It was showing on my pb.

Tried with music videos, havent tried with movies.
    02-10-12 11:25 AM
    I thought I remember a thread about videos recorded on a BB phone aren't compatible with PB playback. I would think a downloaded video would yield different results because the PB can play whatever file type it was.
    02-10-12 11:28 AM
    I can show you guys how to in a vid... i'll post it later.
    i thought u guys knew bout this.
    02-10-12 11:28 AM
    I thought I remember a thread about videos recorded on a BB phone aren't compatible with PB playback. I would think a downloaded video would yield different results because the PB can play whatever file type it was.
    That's my experience. The 3gp videos don't play on the PB.
    With the beta I can go to the docs to go app, browse the phone sd card and stream videos from the phone. HD videos buffer a lot but SD plays fine.
    02-10-12 11:32 AM
    Ladies, be ready: get out of the shadow, raise your faith in RIM ...
    Let the strike-back begins !

Thanks for this story.
    02-10-12 11:40 AM
    'Bridge Files' in Blackberry Bridge
    dont have that icon under bridge :S
    02-10-12 12:58 PM
    ....you could activate "mobile hotspot" on your torch, which will make your playbook faster, but also allow him to connect his tablet the net via your phone as well.
    02-10-12 01:05 PM
    dont have that icon under bridge :S
    I apologize - I just realized, that icon/feature may have appeared after I installed the app 'Files and Folders'.
    It's been a while so I dont recall anymore.

It's a very good app.
    02-10-12 01:12 PM
    oh thanks. ill try the app.
    02-10-12 01:17 PM
    oh thanks. ill try the app.
    The OS2 update has a file/ folder manager so I wouldn't necessarily rush to download folder manager apps.
    I still love the integration that Files & Folders gives me with Box.net and Google docs though. If you are also looking for these features then I would say go for it.
    There are others that do this as well.
    02-10-12 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD