I asked my 10yr old daughter whether she likes the iPads at school or our PlayBooks more.

Without hesitation: PlayBook!

When I asked what made her say that, she said "well, the iPads are big and bulky" :-D

Later I interviewed my 8yr old son. His answers were so cute I had to share.

(He was out of the room/ear shot when I quizzed his sister)

Answer to first question: PlayBooks, much more.
    Answer to second question (3 parts):
    -Well, the PlayBook is smaller and lighter
    -The iPad apps have bugs
    -I think the PlayBook can hold much more, you know how the old big floppy disks were, you'd think they could hold much more, but they couldn't

LOL on that last one! While the comparison is obviously incorrect to us grownups who snack on gigabytes, I thought the comparison had some great humor, in the mind of one 8yr old it boils down roughly to the following:

iPad = big old floppy disk
    PlayBook = smaller, newer generation, better
    Last edited by sagec; 02-03-12 at 09:13 AM.
    02-02-12 07:24 PM
    I asked my 10yr old daughter whether she likes the iPads at school or our PlayBooks more.

When I asked what made her say that, she said "well, the iPads are big and bulky"

:-D
    kids at that age speak their mind.
    02-02-12 07:33 PM
    (Added to initial posting)
    Last edited by sagec; 02-03-12 at 09:14 AM.
    02-02-12 07:36 PM
    That tapered edge is really uncomfortable, IMO. And it's funny that the PlayBook reviewers were so hard on the Power button, but didn't mention how awkward the Power button feels on an iPad, not to mention that the plug opening is offset, but the plug goes in straight.
    scott.slater likes this.
    02-02-12 07:37 PM
    Kids give the most honest answers and opinions
    02-02-12 08:11 PM
    i have a 'defective' power button... its not a problem...
    lol
    02-02-12 08:52 PM
    02-02-12 09:23 PM
    Kids give the most honest answers and opinions
    Actually, children generally give the answer they think their parent(s) or other authority figure(s) want to hear, and generally parrot back something they have heard (most typically from parents) when the their age is still in the single digits. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but they are cognitive development and formative personality facts of life.
    02-02-12 09:57 PM
    I grew up in a family of 11 kids, have 4 of my own and have 40+ (I tried hard to keep count but whew) nieces and nephews. You'll get no argument from me that parotting happens a lot, but trust me, the whole floppy disk thing was an original!! LOL
    02-02-12 11:53 PM
    Just interviewed my 8yr old son. His answers were so cute I had to share.

(He was out of the room/ear shot when I quizzed his sister)

Answer to first question: PlayBooks, much more.
    Answer to second question (3 parts):
    -Well, the PlayBook is smaller and lighter
    -The iPad apps have bugs
    -I think the PlayBook can hold much more, you know how the old big floppy disks were, you'd think they could hold much more, but they couldn't
    LOL on that last one! While the comparison is obviously incorrect to us grownups who snack on gigabytes, I thought the comparison had some great humor, in the mind of one 8yr old it boils down roughly to the following:

iPad = big old floppy disk
    PlayBook = smaller, newer generation, better
    How would your kid even know what a floppy disk is/was?
    02-03-12 12:42 AM
    portability (HUGE factor)
    SNES emulator
    flash
    multi-tasking
    android apps

that's why i LOVE my playbook. i paid 500 on opening day, WELL WORTH IT.
    02-03-12 12:45 AM
    How would your kid even know what a floppy disk is/was?
    He learned in "computer class" at school that 3.5" floppies can actually hold more than 5.25" floppies!

They show them pictures. My daughter learned binary and hex last year in 5th grade :-S
    02-03-12 12:51 AM
    Actually, children generally give the answer they think their parent(s) or other authority figure(s) want to hear, and generally parrot back something they have heard (most typically from parents) when the their age is still in the single digits. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but they are cognitive development and formative personality facts of life.
    You kid forever ?
    (smiling and happy, no hassle !)
    02-03-12 03:36 AM
    i have a 'defective' power button... its not a problem...
    lol
    power button?
    02-03-12 04:50 AM
    I asked my 10yr old daughter whether she likes the iPad's at school or our PlayBooks more.

When I asked what made her say that, she said "well, the iPads are big and bulky"

:-D
    Wow, schools are being hypocritical they say the kids can't bring their toys to school but they get to have the iPad's there...
    02-03-12 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD