Hey guys so i just bought a new laptop with windows 8 and all the new **** that comes with it.
    Naturally i tried to setup all the software to make my tablet work but i don't know why it's simply not working, the tablet is not recognized by windows 8.
    I installed drivers by pluging the tablet to the laptop and the installation succed but the tablet is not recognized. I also installed Blackberry Desktop Software but still not recognized...
    I'm wondering if it's only me or if it's a problem with windows 8.

Thanks.
    02-06-13 04:35 PM
    I use my playbook with 2 separate computers that run windows 8 and it works flawlessly..

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, but windows 8 is not the problem.. you might want to try turning wifi OFF on the playbook before connecting it to the computer with the USB cable.. I've found that solves some issues.
    02-06-13 04:43 PM
    I just tried to do it an it's still not working.
    I already unistalled the drivers twice in case someone asks.

It's a HP Envy m6 in case you ask.
    Last edited by Kuraiba; 02-06-13 at 05:17 PM. Reason: More info
    02-06-13 05:17 PM
    Was on the phone for two hours with Rim trying to figure that one out, no go,. The best I could is transfer file via wifi.
    02-06-13 07:06 PM
    Hey guys so i just bought a new laptop with windows 8 and all the new **** that comes with it.
    Naturally i tried to setup all the software to make my tablet work but i don't know why it's simply not working, the tablet is not recognized by windows 8.
    I installed drivers by pluging the tablet to the laptop and the installation succed but the tablet is not recognized. I also installed Blackberry Desktop Software but still not recognized...
    I'm wondering if it's only me or if it's a problem with windows 8.

Thanks.
    Connect the pb to your pc and go to device manager. Under networking you should see your playbook with a yellow exclamation mark. Roll back the drivers for the device - if it won't let you delete the device , disconnect/reconnect the playbook.If it doesn't work it should let you roll back the driver.
    02-06-13 10:39 PM
    Thanks for this thread ... it reminded me I still have connect my Pb so it will initiate a BBDM software upload onto my computer reno (w/Win7).
    02-07-13 07:05 PM
    Connect the pb to your pc and go to device manager. Under networking you should see your playbook with a yellow exclamation mark. Roll back the drivers for the device - if it won't let you delete the device , disconnect/reconnect the playbook.If it doesn't work it should let you roll back the driver.
    Tried it but the playbook doesn't appear on my network at all.
    I'm kinda stuck....
    02-08-13 04:06 PM
    What happens on the pc when you connect your tablet via usb (with dtm running)? Does the pb see the connection?
    02-08-13 04:17 PM
    Make sure wifi sharing is on in settings. Next go to settings, about, network and write your ip address on a piece of paper. Then open the start menu on you pc and type in \\192.168.1.3 and hit ENTER, use your ip not mine. In case you type that in and don't see anything hit enter anyway most times it will work.
    02-08-13 05:07 PM
    Just to confirm that I'm on Windows 8 Pro, and the USB and Wifi connections work perfectly with my Playbook.
    02-08-13 07:04 PM
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having this same issue with an HP Envy X2. Doesn't connect at all and doesn't appear in device manager. I've tried all the online solutions I can find, but the computer doesn't seem to recognize the PlayBook at all. I can do wifi transfers but that's it.
    04-15-13 08:17 AM
    I've got a new windows 8 computer and just started updating the apps etc. Its taking some hours . No idea if this blackberry connects to it though. The tiles on the touchscreen are easy to use however.
    04-15-13 09:08 AM
    go to settings under security enable development mode it should solve the problem
    07-23-13 07:39 PM
    Hi,
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    I too had the same issue with my Lenovo Z 580 (Win-8) laptop.
    First I attempted to update the driver for the Blackberry Playbook but the result was "driver is up to date"
    Later I tried to Roll Back the driver software, then problem was solved.
    Now Playbook could able to recognize by Desktop software and My computer Network location (Z).

Thank you once again.
    08-17-13 08:44 AM