About a month ago my Playbook stopped turning completely off. It will not power down. The GUI image goes away and the screen is blank but the back light is still on. It will turn off if I hold down the power button but that's not very convenient if it's in the case. I was hoping that the latest upgrade would clear the problem but it remains. I have also tried rebooting several time but still no fix. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    10-08-12 01:48 PM
    Is it plugged in to a charger or in the dock when shutting down?
    10-08-12 01:53 PM
    What apps might you be running? Anything new you added more recently? Any Android apps, either from appworld or sideloaded?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Then don't do anything or run anything for 15-30 minutes and see if it turns off.
    peter9477 and Vasu R like this.
    10-08-12 03:03 PM